00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251976 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3210 on: May 04, 2020, 11:52:56 pm »

"We would need time to gather the officers. An hour, or two. We've received radios from William, as a matter of fact, so we can call you on those if you have one, when we are ready." Zero speaks into the radio, ordering the nulls to gather the officers.

You nod, asking for the channel, then return to your quarters to find Lucille. It takes a few minutes to activate her, but the needles dig into your flesh, into your bone, and her voice quietly chimes to life within your head.

[Goodmorning Pheobe. How may I be of service today?]

You inform her to beginning listening to the agreed-upon radio channel.

[Affirmative. Beginning to monitor.]

You take hold of MItch's chain and head down to one of unoccupied storage levels, taking him for a jog through the empty hallways, pass open cryogenic containment units, and storage centers. You pass by a few laborers, but they do not bother you, giving you a polite bow of their heads while they continue their many tasks. Eventually, Lucille speaks -- its, not a direct connection, you note, but rather Lucille repeating the words spoken. It's a little odd.

["We are ready for you now, Pheonix."] Breathing out a quick sigh of exertion, you deposit Mitch in your quarters, shrugging on one of Emma's coats and leaving for the amphitheater. As you pass by, hidden in the gantries built into the structure, you look down at the crowd. It is far less packed than before.  Filled only with Crusader Officers and their closest subordinates, you note. Many are wounded, leaning on their comrades. They all look young.

Nobody waits backstage for you.

Who are we selecting?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:56:54 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: May 04, 2020, 11:56:26 pm »

We, the ancestors, decided on Isela Tabbett. She seems like a bright young woman with good ideas. Would you agree with that choice?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: May 05, 2020, 12:06:51 am »

As speaks the "Good Doctor", so stand I.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:09:34 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: May 05, 2020, 12:12:11 am »

I agree.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:59 am »

The broken one would be the best choice if we had the luxury of time, one like him could possibly even help us take on a fleet and win.

But we do not have time.

You will have to provide the personality and power while she provides strategy.

Choose Isela Tabbett, for now.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: May 05, 2020, 01:22:28 am »

[18]You take a deep breath, emerging on to the stage. The Crusader Officers offer a salute. 'Hail Pheonix!' Some call out, taking it up in a chant, each man and woman spurring their neighbors to be louder than the other.

You wait for it to die down, keeping a stern expression on your face while you wait patiently.

"Today, with the unfornate incident surrounding General Hardy--" The cried of 'traitor and 'heretic' are shouted by the bold. "I will be announcing the ascendence of Crusader General Isela Tabbet."

[3] Silence meets your announcement. Murmurs begin when Isela mounts the stage, looking out over the crowd. She's silent as she dips a bow to you.

"Thank you for your grace of wisdom, Mother Pheonix. I will serve the Crusaders with all I can."

"She's young enough to be my daughter." Somebody calls, and Isela rises stiffly, looking out over the crowd as somebody laughs at the jeer.

[18] "If you have a problem, I insist we address it now." Isela calls gently, and the jeering officer grins, rising to the challenge. He mounts the stage with the two of you, and you watch patiently as he approaches Isela.

[17 vs. 13] She steps closer to the middle aged officer, putting a gentle hand on his hip while wearing a cute, innocent smile. He begins to say something-- until Isela twists, taking hold of him and smashing his face into the stage.

[9 vs. 6] Isela steps on to him-- and he groans, but knows better than to rise. "As Officer Jacoby," she grinds her booted foot into the small of his back, "So elegantly stated, I am young. So let's clear the air, and figure out where we stand." Her boot twists. "I am sixteen years of age. I am inexperienced in combat. I am an Outlander's spawn. And yet Pheonix selected me to lead you. So grow the fuck up and keep your remarks to yourself. I don't expect you to like me -- I expect what every general has ever expected. Follow my orders, respect me to my face and in front of others and die holding the line. Do I make myself clear!?"

[20 vs. 2] "Yes General Tabbet!" The crowd calls back, obviously impressed, sounding off as one.

"Beautiful. Officer Jacoby, we're going to say we were sparring -- otherwise I'd have to knock you down to apprentice for your insubordination."

"Yes, General Tabbet."

"Good boy. Up you go-- there we are."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:32:49 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: May 05, 2020, 01:25:55 am »

Haha I like her even more now. I think we made a good choice.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: May 05, 2020, 02:39:51 am »

An Outlander's daughter! They raise these ones tough.

"Holy Crusaders-- your general! She is an extension now of my own will, and she will be treated as such! She will bring you victory in my name!"
End this assembly on a high note, and remove ourself to the gantries.

...allow ourself a grin. "Beautiful indeed, General Tabbett. I can force my officers to subservience in your name, but their respect-- that, you had to earn. You made quite the step today towards that end."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: May 05, 2020, 02:40:50 am »

"Holy Crusaders-- your general! She is an extension now of my own will, and she will be treated as such! She will bring you victory in my name!"

...allow ourself a grin. "Beautiful indeed, General Tabbett. I can force my officers to subservience in your name, but their respect-- that, you had to earn. You made quite the step today towards that end."
+1

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: May 05, 2020, 03:24:22 am »

+1
+1
I wonder what's the next thing we have to deal with.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: May 05, 2020, 04:42:02 am »

The assembled Crusader Officers file out. There's still murmurs of discontent, of course. But discontent and soldiers are eternal friends.

"It only worked because he was dumb enough to challenge me." Isela admits with a heavy sigh, slouching down. "I'll have to promote him or something to make up for the embarrassment. I had one of my mentor's friends ready to do the same thing...but I guess she just hoped for the same outcome."

"Pheonix? I would like to ask a boon. I want to make Eric Applegate the Thirteenth Crusader, and grant him a high rank without any troops. Enough of one to be my muscle and face among the Officers."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: May 05, 2020, 06:28:35 am »

“He wishes to fight, so this’ll be good for him too. Accepted”
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:49:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: May 05, 2020, 09:17:05 am »

I believe he wanted to fight on the front lines so I'm not sure he'd except the position of body guard, we should ask before we shove him into the position.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: May 05, 2020, 09:49:49 am »

I believe he wanted to fight on the front lines so I'm not sure he'd except the position of body guard, we should ask before we shove him into the position.
yes, we should ask him first

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: May 05, 2020, 11:10:32 am »

"I'll see what I can do... but the matter may be out of my hands."
Sigh, explain: "Eric sustained severe physical and mental damage on the Line before it fell. It will be some time before he recovers, if he recovers at all."

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 381