00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252013 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3180 on: May 03, 2020, 04:20:50 pm »

"Well answered."

+1

"Keep that question to yourself, for the time being-- as things stand, my people have need of a god. I give them a cause, that one day they may stand without me."

"We'll speak further on that matter soon, perhaps... for now, I must be off to prepare your induction." Smile. "Until then, Child Tabbett."

Take our leave, and find one of our nulls. It's time to make known our choice of general.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:15:39 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 03, 2020, 05:47:26 pm »

Isela's shoulders slump with relief, her momentary fear passing out of her frame. Slowly, she nods. "I understand, Mother Pheonix. Thank you once again."

Locating a null is as simple as going to Zero's office. You inform him of your decision. He nods, scribbling a note. "We will announce it under your name. She might have difficulties settling in, due to her age and inexperience, but she was the best long term, mathematical choice. Interesting woman. She doesn't find my kind inherently repulsive, as others do."

You cannot say the same.

"Unless you wish to gather the Officers and make the choice known yourself. She might have to make a display of power to keep them under thumb."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 03, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »

"I do think it's best to make absolutely clear that I have mandated her position, so I will make the announcement myself. I'd rather avoid... problems."

"What is your assessment of Mother Nicole for the position?"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:20:16 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00:42 pm »

"I do think it's best to make absolutely clear that I have mandated her position, so I will make the announcement myself. I'd rather avoid... problems."

"What is your assessment of Mother Nicole for the position?"
Yes to the announcing it ourselves. Nicole will not get the position

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 03, 2020, 07:06:06 pm »

We're setting ourselves up for danger if we choose an inexperienced Outlander-born officer for the position. Many officers will resist her leadership and she may not have the political experience to anticipate personnel problems and respond accordingly.

Nicole is experienced politically and militarily, and she is bound to us as a member of our family. She is well known and would be able to command respect from others, without which we would have serious logistical problems, regardless of the general's technical skill.

In addiiton, I wouldn't be surprised if Nicole's technical skills were greater than those of Isela, as Nicole vanquished the plague before and probably knows it better than any living Crusader.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 03, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »

...I'm willing to ask the null-child's opinion on the matter if Phoenix is. Not so much because I think setting up Nicole as general's a good idea, as because I'm curious why she wasn't on the list given us in first place.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:50:38 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 03, 2020, 08:01:09 pm »

...I'm willing to ask the null-child's opinion on the matter if Phoenix is. Not so much because I think setting up Nicole as general's a good idea, as because I'm curious why she wasn't on the list given us in first place.
She wasn’t on the list because she is willing to contain us, she isn’t loyal to us, she will turn on us the first opportunity she gets. She was willing to hold Emma hostage

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 03, 2020, 08:03:08 pm »

So you're fine that Cephie tried to kill us multiple times, at one point even grasping our beating heart and threatening to rip it out, but because Nicole was loyal to SEED, the head of state, she's disqualified?  Who do you think the head of state is now?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 03, 2020, 08:05:41 pm »

So you're fine that Cephie tried to kill us multiple times, at one point even grasping our beating heart and threatening to rip it out, but because Nicole was loyal to SEED, the head of state, she's disqualified?  Who do you think the head of state is now?
Good points
Learning why Nicole wasn’t on the list does seem like a good idea, maybe she was killed during the siege

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 03, 2020, 08:19:26 pm »

We defeated Cephie. She is subservient to us for now per Empyreal tradition. Nicole has no such bond to us. We may be head of state but we have no guarantee that Nicole will follow this head of state as loyally as she followed SEED - on the contrary, we may be seen as a usurper!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 03, 2020, 08:25:58 pm »

She is our grandmother and an official in the Church, which we have inherited, so she is bound to us by family and as a member of our government. It doesn't make sense for her to suddenly decide she doesn't want to be loyal to the Church she gave so much and did so much for. 

In general, people follow patterns rather than doing bizarre actions disconnected from their past behavior, so I don't see why Nicole would be any different.

Is Isela bound to us by oath? Maybe she'll start acting strangely and overthrow the government!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:30:39 pm by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 03, 2020, 09:29:42 pm »

We had been asking for a change in leadership, this is it.  She will make a good general until the broken man can be repairedhealed or a better replacement arrives.  Then she can be in an advisory role.

We will likely take a prominent position in any attacks so we can help guide her for the first bit of time, as much as we can.

I am imagining a strike on the factories, breeding pits or algae pools would be most devastating, the plague seems to use up a lot of energy.

Maybe two strikes, one backed by war machines on an outer target with us and a aircraft strike force hitting something else.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 03, 2020, 10:26:23 pm »

Are we sure that Mother Nicole is still alive? Even if she is alive, there's a chance where she is at someplace far away. Also on the map of the regions around the Holy city, where would the fortress be on that map?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 03, 2020, 11:30:40 pm »

There's no way to find out if we don't even ask.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 03, 2020, 11:57:57 pm »

"We took into consideration public and Crusader opinion into account. Nicole Gainer is...a divisive figure in the eyes of both. Not to mention that SEED had a distrust of her, which well warranted the many investigations it had us undertake."

Zero pauses in his monotone diatribe. "You had a distrust of the Old Crusader Guard as well -- Hardy received his recommendation for General from her. The latest Pontifex had the same, and his election had it's share of scandal. She was always innocent within the reach of the Law. But courts were a farce when she trained each of the judges herself."

"If you wish, I can prepare a dossier for her."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:01:02 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 381