00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252116 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3105 on: May 01, 2020, 11:38:07 pm »

Ahh... it is unfair. It is unfair, Phoenix-of-Sol, what you have had to do.

My compatriots have said what needs saying. I have only to offer-- the pride, the great pride we all feel at your actions. Our honored heir.

Sol's bright child.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 02, 2020, 02:12:59 am »

The crowd. Everyone looking at me, everyone hoping I can fix everything. All their hopes and dreams, all it projected on me. Relying on me. I--

You make a 'gimme' motion to the null, who stares. "Pass them over."

He does so, handing you over the documents. The first one you look at is titled plans for a living government. SEED had taken on many of the roles that are currently listed, only requiring the groups of Scholars to give reports on situations. It would then provide direction. There was no formalized process.

The system, as you look it over, is a dictatorship, plain and simple. You do note that debt-slaves have the same rights as everyone else, but that is because the rights given are little to none: no more upward mobility, no freedom to assemble or to oppose the government. You will be assigned a job within the Scholars by age thirteen, becoming an apprentice of whatever work is required.
The Scholars themselves are now divided into ministries, all of which are fairly self-explanatory. Agriculture, Industry, Guardians, Crusaders, Internal Affairs, State, Foreign Affairs, Trade/Finance, Communication, Religion and Health. The Nulls have provided a single recommendation for each from the surviving members of the Scholars who have specialized in those fields.

One catches your eye-- the Communication Ministry, where they recommend Emma as your public speaker. William, you note, has also gained a position in this hypothetical government: as the Minister of Internal Affairs.

I want a personal guard that is under none of these Ministries.

There's also a list of three potential generals. All of them scored high marks within officer school and were pruned out of a much larger list.

Spoiler: Generals (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 02, 2020, 02:20:10 am »

Eric survived? That guy's awesome. My vote would be for either Eric or Isela. As far as the civilian government is concerned, a dictatorship is fine for wartime, but afterwards it would be nice to have something more democratic.

"Do you anticipate public dissatisfaction with the lack of rights and opportunities for upward mobility?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 02, 2020, 02:25:32 am »

"Of course. But we have no economy to speak of. Our credits are worthless -- we backed them with the economic power of The Holy City. People are working for rations."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 02, 2020, 02:28:15 am »

In the short term, this is acceptable, but we will need to make some serious gains in industrial and agricultural capability ASAP. Tensions will run high.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 02, 2020, 02:50:16 am »

"Who will lead here when I am away or if I become debilitated?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: May 02, 2020, 02:53:07 am »

A provisional government. A dictatorship, for now... we'll improve upon it as we go.

"Who will lead here when I am away or if I become debilitated?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: May 02, 2020, 03:23:05 am »

"Who do you wish to lead in your absence? The General? A council elected individual? Emma? William?"

"There's only a weekly approval and direction process. The Council will not bother you with every particular detail, as that can overwhelm most people, but you can, of course, personally oversee projects."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: May 02, 2020, 03:32:50 am »

"Emma has shown a knack for administration and I trust her more than anyone. She will lead in my absence. However, should we both be dead or busy on the battlefield, the Council should elect an interim leader to maintain the state, such as it is."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 02, 2020, 07:24:29 am »

"Emma has shown a knack for administration and I trust her more than anyone. She will lead in my absence. However, should we both be dead or busy on the battlefield, the Council should elect an interim leader to maintain the state, such as it is."
+1 I like the sound of that, the queen shall lead while the queen is out doing stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 02, 2020, 07:47:23 am »

"Emma is to be Leader in absentia. If we are both dead or injured, the council should elect an interim leader." You state, continuing to look over the document.

"Understood. Now, a few more questions. One, your title? Two, where do you wish to have these meetings? Three, what benefits should ministers receive? Four, what level of majesty are you expected to be treated with?"

Any other issues with the governmental organization? I guess its okay?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 02, 2020, 08:07:38 am »

We don't need any level of majesty nor do we need a fancy title, we just need people to know we're in charge and to do what we say.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: May 02, 2020, 08:58:21 am »

We’re still having the recommended people for the Ministry positions, right?
Also, would it be possible to have two generals? I vote Isela Tabbet and Eric Applegate for Generals. I’m worried we’re becoming what we were trying to fix. This is our chance to change things for the better.
“We don’t need a title. Meetings can be held in an area where everyone can hear, and provide input after the meeting. We’re all here together. We don’t need to be treated with too much majesty, just enough that people know we’re in charge, but not so much that they feel uncomfortable addressing any grievances they might have
I can’t think of the answers to the third question right now, ideas for benefits?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 02, 2020, 09:16:02 am »

I’m worried we’re becoming what we were trying to fix.

Yeah, we don't want to end up just sitting around creating mandates. Lots of unfortunate accidents happen that way.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 02, 2020, 12:29:31 pm »

We just declared ourself a living god. When we've scoured the [plague] from this world, perhaps we can begin returning control to the people-- but for now, we have need of majesty. We have need of control. We are becoming like unto SEED, perhaps-- it is distasteful, perhaps-- but for now, it is necessary. SEED had not the luxury of free government; for the time being, neither will we.

As to the choice of general: let us have words with Eric. If he is beyond hope, we will let Isela take the reins... but if not, he will serve well to inspire the ranks. Isela can take up another role, an advisory role.

"[Angel] will do, for a title-- Holy Mother, for an honorific. I'll not take up the ceremonies of SEED; they would be impractical for my purposes... I am to be approachable. A god of the people, an angel of mercy. I will keep an honor guard: seven squads of ten, marked with my crest; separate from the other ministries, and beholden to me alone. You will select skilled and loyal soldiers for this purpose."

"We've little in the way of benefits for our ministries at this time, but we can give of what remains to us: proper accommodations, for the ministers and their families. A modicum of access to our food and healthcare establishments, once we've got those running. A fixed salary, once we've got that running. A personal guard, ten to a minister; loyal not to the ministries, but to myself."

"As for a meeting-hall... I'm not all that familiar with the lay of this fortress. We want somewhere out of the way, with a bit of dignity about it-- where would you suggest?"

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 381