00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252347 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3030 on: April 28, 2020, 11:28:50 pm »

[12] "[What does Magnus look like?]" You question, laying in the dust while the advisors argue amongst themselves.

"[His preferred form makes me think he's younger than most nobles. Going by that...he looks about our age, black hair. Always frowning. He's got that perfectly engineered single-gender look that the Nobles love to wear when they go into the wider Empyre.]" Cephie offers, with a shrug. ["But none of that really matter-- actually, hold on.]"

Her willpower coils around her, skin shifting and changing around, manipulating the matter within. Your breath catches in your throat when she grins down at you with Magnus' face upon her form.

According to Emma, he kills you with a cutter blade in a field.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:59 am »

According to Emma, he kills you with a cutter blade in a field.

What the [hell] does this mean?!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: April 29, 2020, 12:03:17 am »

A vision she saw of a possible future.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: April 29, 2020, 12:03:33 am »

One of the art drawing by Emma about the MC death.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: April 29, 2020, 12:06:49 am »

Ohhhh.

It's possible I overreacted.

I have, as noted, much to learn.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: April 29, 2020, 12:45:41 am »

Constantine, what is your appraisal of the situation?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: April 29, 2020, 12:46:38 am »

We know he kills us in the omen. We do not know why. He sent his agent not to kill, but to detain-- an odd choice, if he is interested only in our demise! Perhaps he desires the personal touch... perhaps he has something else in mind. We don't know.

It has become imperative that we
find out.

"That face-- Cephie, I recognize that face. An omen-- he was driving a Cutter blade through my torso--"
"...one future. It was only one future. Still... I need to know exactly what he wants with me. You say you've been in contact with him?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: April 29, 2020, 12:48:26 am »

Not an odd choice considering what the shapeshifter told us. Apparently it is rare to kill another Empyreal rather than force them to submit or slave them to one's will.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: April 29, 2020, 12:58:56 am »

"I sent a distress signal. My ship was outfitted with one, but SEED's was closer." Cephie looks confused by your statement as she explains. She slouches, back, still in the body of Magnus. Her voice slowly changes as she tunes it, then, with gruff and terse speech, she states, "[I hope she's strong.]"

She shakes his head, frowning naturally, "And I hope he doesn't want to fight you."

"Why?" You question, looking away from the rising sun.

"He's a Noble. Ascendeds, we've got control over one element, maybe two. Energy control too. They have all of them. Or some variation thereof, all brand new, highest quality tech. I'm not sure they can even be considered the least bit human anymore, all the tech that they get stuffed in them."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:10:51 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: April 29, 2020, 01:33:52 am »

"...tell me more about this tech."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:45:47 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: April 29, 2020, 02:00:28 am »

"Like they would share -that- information." Cephie responds with a roll of her eyes. She lapses into silence, slowly changing back with many a disconcerting sound. Eventually, she looks over at you, and instead questions you. "Hey -- how'd you and Emma meet?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: April 29, 2020, 02:07:32 am »

"We met at the Academy and became friends. It was a bit of an odd situation in that I was also doing some work for her family, specifically her brother, who she hated at the time, and that created some friction. I'm glad that they're closer now."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: April 29, 2020, 03:19:16 am »

After you finish explaining, she nods, then asks you about your time at the Academy. If you had other friends -- she seems surprised when you mentioned that you were originally planning to pursue a more peaceful career. She asks you about McCreary, and a dozen other topics, and you respond honestly -- leaving out the power you inherited from him.

She eventually tells you about her life -- she was a Spacer's brat. They traveled a lot in service to Magnus. As a reward, she was given a contract and Dust, becoming an assassin and intelligence officer for him. It seems she specialized in intelligence gathering, as she had a great deal of experience in dealing with the many varied cultures of the Empyre.

The conversation winds down to a close as the day finishes breaking over the land.

If you wish to forge a contract with Celphie, you feel now would be the time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: April 29, 2020, 06:48:04 am »

After you finish explaining, she nods, then asks you about your time at the Academy. If you had other friends -- she seems surprised when you mentioned that you were originally planning to pursue a more peaceful career. She asks you about McCreary, and a dozen other topics, and you respond honestly -- leaving out the power you inherited from him.

She eventually tells you about her life -- she was a Spacer's brat. They traveled a lot in service to Magnus. As a reward, she was given a contract and Dust, becoming an assassin and intelligence officer for him. It seems she specialized in intelligence gathering, as she had a great deal of experience in dealing with the many varied cultures of the Empyre.

The conversation winds down to a close as the day finishes breaking over the land.

If you wish to forge a contract with Celphie, you feel now would be the time.
I would like to, but I don’t know what the contract would be, it would hopefully be that we help the people here by destroying the plague and ... can others add?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: April 29, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »

A contract would be useful indeed-- but there is a concern still to address.

"Cephie... if Magnus were to order you to kill me, or to kill Emma. You would comply?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:28:45 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 381