00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252061 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2865 on: April 26, 2020, 07:43:49 pm »

Well done. We will rekindle hope within the Crusaders who were once refugees, but are now a proud and independent people.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 26, 2020, 09:14:56 pm »

Not proud yet. Refugees still. The story is not yet told.

Nod. "Perhaps once we've a bit of peace, then. In the meantime... calculate for me. I want a list compiled and optimized of all technologies, including forbidden technologies, that we might field against the Plague within two months. Furthermore, you will provide SEED's rationale against any forbidden technology listed, that I may judge for myself the relevance of the edict."

"While you do this, I will be moving to unite the Crusaders under our banner. Tell me: how many among their ranks remain, and where in this facility might I find a place fit to address them?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:58 pm »

For the Numbers advisors, as horrible as the process to make them was, we do not have the luxury of morality at this time.

Maybe even work in that the spirit of SEED lives on?  We do have the tech database so its not even totally false.

We do need to take definite control back over the remaining production facilities.  We can use them or destroy them if the plague catches up.

It is clear this plague can build on its own but it seem inefficient compared to captured tech it can take over.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 26, 2020, 09:42:04 pm »

- I intend to wield our null-advisors thoroughly, aye. They are useful, and I know of no release but death to their bindings.

- We could... I considered that angle for sure. I wound up dropping it for the "enlightened heir" bit, for honesty's sake-- I should like us to have a story that we can believe in. A story in keeping with our own.

- We... may need to move more quickly here than I thought. The plague is weakened now, but nobody's keeping it in check anymore... could wind up recovering much, much too fast for comfort. Horrid stuff.

Say, did you get your lifespan yet?  :D

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 26, 2020, 09:46:28 pm »

I like the idea of adding as much truth as we can to the story while having it still increase morale. Yes, we need to move quickly. Perhaps producing las guns for as many as possible and training as many as possible will help. Addressing the remaining Crusaders will also help.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 26, 2020, 09:57:28 pm »

Say, did you get your lifespan yet?  :D
Oh, I have not.  If the [narrator] wants to contact me directly with the info for it that would be great.

The big speech from Superdorf seems to cover most things well.

I do hope harming the leviathan also caused some slow down.  But not finishing it off with flame likely means it will heal.

I do doubt the plague would be prepared for sudden attacks against it's facilities.  The problem is we never really had the basis for doing so, we cant get stuck in a completely defensive war though.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 26, 2020, 10:17:37 pm »

Voidslayer didn't mention wanting one, so I just kinda...not sent one, because it seems annoying to get PMs if you aren't expecting them. -- oh hey he just did. Cool!

"Understood." Zero responds to your first order, closing the lid of the computer. He finds a form, pulling it precisely from the organized pile upon his desk. "Reports find that of the one million Crusaders stationed in or around the Holy City, we have...one hundred, ninety-three thousand, two hundred and thirteen."

"Level Three is designed as an amphitheater, allowing for the address of one hundred thousand. Perhaps you could speak in shifts."

[20] "Or we could print it and distribute it freely. The men and women of the Thornton Printing Company survived -- and so did our press. We could assemble it. We'd need to locate a source of paper, but that isn't much of an issue. Me and William can work on that, while we have the Warmachines start to round Crusaders up for your speech." Emma winks, "I figured keeping our propaganda section alive would be a good investment."

You give a nod, looking over at the null. "Do we have any replacement equipment for the Crusaders?"

"Negative. Our Las-gun program started roughly one hundred years ago. It was one of the facilities automated and controlled by SEED. We centralized our Bioplastics nearby the City State."

Here, Emma speaks up again, "Thornton intelligence states that the Montblanc family was purchasing massive amounts of Las-guns before they...died. They were attempting to deprive the other Families. I can get William to find out where they might have been stored, and if we might be able to salvage them. As for armor...we may have to go back to the basics with metal plating, especially considering this year's crops."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:11:01 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 26, 2020, 10:51:36 pm »

How would a slug thrower fare against a lasgun in comparison? Also very cool suggestion game.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 26, 2020, 11:03:59 pm »

Slug throwers are otherwise known as conventional firearms, having a physical projectile be launched a great distance using escaping gas.  Las guns operate by the principle of rapid pulsing beams of light, which are used to transfer energy. Flesh and blood is superheated into steam and explodes, causing great damage to the surrounding tissue. It tends to lead to an increased risk of shock as well, and greater damage to the target. Because of the efficient battery systems they operate on, a single individual can carry a thousand shots in two magazines, which, with the proper technology, can be recharged by sunlight.

Slughthrowers, in comparison, have less ammo, less sustained rate of firepower, higher operation costs, higher penetration, same range, but cheaper production costs. While a las-gun is incredibly simple to maintain, if the reactor or another vital part of it is damaged, it can explode or be rendered useless.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:07:33 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 26, 2020, 11:16:32 pm »

Any other questions or commands for these two? Otherwise, I will begin preparing for the speech. Gods save me.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 26, 2020, 11:31:35 pm »

Is there any design for napalm? And can the hovercraft function like a bomber or does it only can transport troops and have anti-air capabilities? Also, what is the max weight a hovercraft can hold? including the crew.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 26, 2020, 11:58:30 pm »

The others will have questions worth asking, perhaps-- but I am content. I would suggest only this: summarize to Emma, briefly, the story you wish to tell in amphitheater. Trace the sigil for her in fire, if you deem it meet! She can coordinate your propaganda accordingly, and will perhaps have a word or two of her own on the matter.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:02:03 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 27, 2020, 12:01:36 am »

One last question. "What would it take to secure the Industrial Districts?  Would we be negotiating with survivors, taking it from the plague, or repairing damaged facilities that have been abandoned?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 27, 2020, 12:12:34 am »

Ha, you see! A question worth asking in truth.

One last question. "What would it take to secure the Industrial Districts?  Would we be negotiating with survivors, taking it from the plague, or repairing damaged facilities?"

+1

I say, "Good Doctor"-- you have not given us a name! Have you contented yourself, then, with the epithet given you?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 27, 2020, 12:14:37 am »

For now, "Good Doctor" will suffice. Once I uncover more of my history, I will choose a name that I feel suits me best.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 381