00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252547 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2490 on: April 19, 2020, 09:30:17 pm »

"The enemy is adapting.  We know that killing the nerve centers will be key, they may hide them next time or send more then one."

We should give William a full run down of what happened.

We should check if we can disable whatever is allowing the communication with the enemy.  They don't seem like they will negotiate and it might be forcing corruption through it.
+1
Luckily it doesn’t corrupt radios

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 19, 2020, 09:32:30 pm »

Do we know that? I bet it does.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 19, 2020, 09:34:15 pm »

"What role do you see the Thorntons playing in relation to the state once the war is over?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 19, 2020, 09:34:31 pm »

Do we know that? I bet it does.
fair point, we know it hasn’t corrupted them yet, maybe it doesn’t know we have them?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 19, 2020, 09:51:36 pm »

"What role do you see the Thorntons playing in relation to the state once the war is over?"
One more vote required, as this is a fairly serious conversation point.

The translation modification allows for communication with all sentient lifeforms, including [the plague]. I do not know if that will solve the problem, however, and it can be troublesome to switch off, as humans are social creatures.

William listens intently, settling down on the crate. His smile fades and his expression hardens into one of serious concentration. "If they're so important, why are they using them to attack you?" He questions when you finish. "If they were my mainline to controlling the rabble, then I would keep them in reserve."

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:18:28 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: April 19, 2020, 10:04:02 pm »

"The [plague] hates me as much as SEED.  It may act rashly when things like us are around.  The combat capabilities may be linked to the control node, so it can only produce the armor and strength displayed by the colossi near the control point.  There is no precedent for this so it is all speculation."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 19, 2020, 10:09:29 pm »

Maybe it's using the colossi to gain information on our abilities so that it may better adapt.  The more combat data it collects, the better prepared it can become.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: April 19, 2020, 10:23:28 pm »

[12] "...what would happen if you were to be infected?" William asks, leaning a hand on his head. "You're rather adorable when you're completely oblivious."

"Maybe you're the [queen in chess] that its willing to sacrifice its [knights in chess] for?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:25:54 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 19, 2020, 10:25:37 pm »

Bah, was working on writing a post along those lines!  :P

We can-- turn off our linguistics? That's useful... can we do so in partiality? Shut down one language at a time?
Regardless, I'm more worried about that
scream. I don't suppose we've any tricks for that?

"...yes. That. Exactly that."

Pace as we explain. "I wish you'd seen-- the rabble was chaff, once I got there. Ablative meat. Most plague creatures, I can burn away now in droves... not the colossi. They're huge, and that scream of theirs dulls Empyreal arithmetic-- had me bleeding out the eyes, like way back at the Moores-- it's like they've evolved against our kind!"

"This is an [angel] fight now. If these things can't bring down the [angel], they've lost. They know this. They'll prioritize accordingly. The colossi are their best bet, I think, for bringing that about."

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 19, 2020, 10:48:26 pm »

Unless you can stop the vibrations in your bones, we will still be able to hear it. And...it doesn't quite work like that. All languages are derived from Terran, and it predicts certain values and linguistic shifts, cross-referenced across many different languages. I cannot even modify it due to the complexity of the program. On or off.

[-] William's grin falters and falls as he shifts upright. "Phebe...that's...concerning. If they switch targets from SEED to you, then they might change their strategies. It's what I would do. They're trying to overwhelm SEED in a ground war, but they've seen you with wings now, and they know you have an attachment to these people -- otherwise you'd be long gone after Rodstadt."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:53:41 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: April 19, 2020, 10:58:07 pm »

"We can adapt as well, and we have two more angels that the plague is unaware of.  There are still plenty of tricks up our sleeves."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 19, 2020, 11:02:58 pm »

I... don't want to talk to Will about sending his sister into battle. Not yet. Not until she presses the question herself.

I thought as much. Thank you.

"You see why I'm concerned. You see why I bother with SEED's broken-down mess of a military. You see why it's so important to me, that this world be able to fight for itself."

"This war-- it's an arms race. I won out there today because I had tricks the [plague] didn't know about. Now I'm asking myself: what's our next trick? The [plague] adapts. We adapt too."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 19, 2020, 11:04:08 pm »

She already did.  She offered to join us in battle, and I doubt she would hold off because she feels a need for her brother's permission.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 19, 2020, 11:10:52 pm »

I'm not sure William knows she's said that, though... and I feel somehow that we shouldn't be the one to bring the matter to his attention. If we do, we surely want to do more than just mention it in passing-- this isn't the time.

That, and I suspect Phoebe ain't too comfortable about that question herself. "P̴r̶i̸m̵a̵r̷y̸ ̷O̸b̶j̸e̴c̴t̷i̸v̵e̷:̴ ̷P̴r̷o̶t̵e̸c̵t̴ ̸E̸m̴m̸a̸ ̷T̶h̷o̸r̴n̵t̷o̶n̶" and all that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:21:36 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 19, 2020, 11:24:14 pm »

"Well, tell me what you need me to do, Phebe. I'll try my best." William offers with a shrug of his shoulders, relaxing once again, that sanguine smile returning, "You should head back, I figure. Emma will be missing you, and I have other...wonderful business to attend to. I'll drop by later, maybe we can spar if I can pull you away from Emma's loving embrace."
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 381