00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252631 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2175 on: April 12, 2020, 05:24:14 pm »

"What else would you call someone who blindly lashes at whatever she's pointed at without a second thought?"

Emma takes a sip of her bottle. "Calling you Demon was uncalled for. I apologize." Despite the genuine apology, her voice is stiff.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 12, 2020, 05:26:14 pm »

"I thought that he would realize the consequences of lying to me.  That was short-sighted of him and I expected better.  Obviously I was mistaken."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 12, 2020, 05:57:39 pm »

Not shifting blame for this. Not yet.

"It was a fair word... I certainly wasn't acting too angelic at the time. Just-- feral. Less than human."

"I'm... terrified of that. To be less than human." Smile faint. "You always knew the right words to assure me otherwise, you know that? I'm-- I'm sorry--"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 12, 2020, 07:38:51 pm »

"It was a fair word... I certainly wasn't acting too angelic at the time. Just-- feral. Less than human."

"I'm... terrified of that. To be less than human." Smile faint. "You always knew the right words to assure me otherwise, you know that? I'm-- I'm sorry--"

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 12, 2020, 08:15:33 pm »

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 12, 2020, 08:19:29 pm »

Emma sighs, reaching over to wrap you in a hug. "I was the one who acted 'feral'. You were the model of civility-- I was the one who bashed Ponti's head in."

"He was treating you like a weapon." She shifts away from you, breathing another sigh and taking a sip from her bottle. " You told me you wouldn't let people do that to you."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 12, 2020, 08:29:21 pm »

"You're right, and I won't let it happen again.  I thought I could trust him because our goals were aligned, but trusting someone like that can only lead to misery."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 12, 2020, 08:55:42 pm »

Have to say... the stumbles we've had along the way aside, I'm rather pleased with our doings in the Holy City thus far. Already we've a lovely grip of fear on the powers-that-be, and a band of zealots behind us!

Still have to make it through the morning, of course. This convention's gonna be... interesting.

"You're right, and I won't let it happen again.  I thought I could trust him because our goals were aligned, but trusting someone like that can only lead to misery."

Good sentiment-- just gonna spin it out a bit, if I may.

Take a swig off our bottle. "I'm trying. I'm trying. It's hard."

"I... kind of trusted the Pontifex. Figured we had a common enemy. He's a spidery little thing-- he had an angle, I could tell-- but I didn't think to suspect that list of his! By the time I thought even to hesitate... well." Chuckle a little. "You were on it already. You pounced. That was great."

"I'll be more careful in future, hey? You were right about that one. You were right."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:04:39 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 12, 2020, 09:25:43 pm »

Have to say... the stumbles we've had along the way aside, I'm rather pleased with our doings in the Holy City thus far. Already we've a lovely grip of fear on the powers-that-be, and a band of zealots behind us!

Still have to make it through the morning, of course. This convention's gonna be... interesting.

"I... kind of trusted the Pontifex. Figured we had a common enemy. He's a spidery little thing-- he had an angle, I could tell-- but I didn't think to suspect that list of his! By the time I thought even to hesitate... well." Chuckle a little. "You were on it already. You pounced. That was great."

"I'll be more careful in future, hey? You were right about that one. You were right."

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:14 pm »

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 12, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »

"He always was pushing like that." Emma smirks, "The only reason I thought of it, is because its what I would do in his shoes."

"The only difference between me and him is that I love you." Emma offers, suddenly pulling you close and giving you a long, drawn out kiss. The bartender interrupts with a cough, and she breaks away with a flush, -- and a wicked smile.

[1] "Sorry for acting like a brat.  I shoul-" Emma shifts around suddenly,-- las-guns are approaching. Eight of them. She takes a swig of the bottle, and slips her gun from the holster. "I'm guessing your bar is about to get messy. Sorry."

The bartender looks confused, glancing out the closed shutters. You do the same-- The three of you dive down as automatic las-gun fire rips through the cheap wood of the bar. The shots are wild, inaccurate, as the wood provides protection.

There was eight people you saw, all of them with assault rifles, clad in ragged and patched robes.

Adrenaline pounds through your system, and you find yourself grinning faintly. Emma looks over at you as splinters rain down, face a mirror of yours.  "Cult." One of your guards is face down in a pool of blood, the other is hunched behind a table as the pulses of las-fire splinter into it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:57:02 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 12, 2020, 09:57:17 pm »

Shoot them with our las gun

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 12, 2020, 10:03:32 pm »

Let that grin widen a bit. "Fun."
Reach out with our will and start popping rifle reactors!

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 12, 2020, 10:23:24 pm »

Inject the ballistic.

Let that grin widen a bit. "Fun."
Reach out with our will and start popping rifle reactors!

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 12, 2020, 10:24:47 pm »

Hm, is this the time? We grow immune to that stuff, recall, as we use it.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 381