00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252534 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2085 on: April 11, 2020, 03:28:48 pm »

The Pontifex's guards blink as you approach again, they do not hesitate as they open the door for you, once again allowing you entrance into the Grand Cathedral. A guard gestures towards the door of the office, and you and Emma enter. The Pontifex is hunched over his desk, reading through a book. He looks up, past his glasses, and then takes them off-- fixing you with a pleasant smile.

"What else can I do for you today, Sister Alphira?"

"I would like the dossier you gave Iyal, if you would."

"Oh dear. It will take some time to assemble, but I can easily comply with your request."

"If you please." While he works, you inform him of your negotiations with SEED, and how they went well.

"Of course they did, I did hear the edicts, after all. Congratulations and all that are in order." He hands you over the folder, and you open it to browse through the documents. Its a list of twenty people organized numerically by order of importance, along with photos labeled one through twenty of each of the targets.

You gloss over the names-- none of them ring a bell after all, until you get to number five: Eric Applegate. You blink, finding his picture-- and Eric has grown in the years since you last saw him. He's far more muscled, with long brown hair and darkly tanned skin.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 11, 2020, 03:31:29 pm »

"Can you tell me about the five top targets?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 11, 2020, 03:41:02 pm »

"Can you tell me about the five top targets?"
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 11, 2020, 03:54:20 pm »

"Xavier Mack, Guardian, Elder of the Guardian Ethics and Law Tribunal. A firm believer in SEED and a bloodhound for corruption within the Holy City. A wrathful man, who is quick to anger from slights against SEED's justice." A tall, muscled man wearing full Heavy Guardian kit, flexing for the camera.

"Monica Colgan, Junior Officer for Crusader General Hardy, suspected to be his heir to the position. All accounts point to her having an analytical mindset, but one that firmly believes in her Elder's teachings. I.E. Attrition Warfare." A brown-haired, dark-skinned woman in a Crusader Military outfit, holding a pad of paper.

"Nicole Parker, Senior Science Officer, in charge of Societal Direction Research. A firm believer in SEED, and personally feels as if the Pontifex's position is one that isn't required." A beaming black-haired woman in a scholar's robe, holding up an award-- the picture is too small to make out."

"Cassandra McSoar, Major General, in charge of the Draft." It's an older lady in a well-maintained Crusader Military uniform, mid-inspection of young troops.

"Eric Applegate. A bright young officer being held up by the Crusaders as an exemplar of their creed. Rather naive, but a strong champion being used for press coverage. His death will enable you to have more...coverage, and he's a loyal soldier to the Crusaders, no matter what." You look over Eric's picture, and he beams at the camera, rifle in hand, blood-stained and cracked armor speckled with dirt. Soldiers pose behind him, smiling, putting on brave faces.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 11, 2020, 03:57:52 pm »

I think we can take all these targets, besides Cassandra, who doesn't strike me as particularly dangerous.

"Would you agree that these assassinations are necessary, or am I acting rashly?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:34 pm »

[2/20 vs 14] "Completely necessary." The Pontifex smiles at you, and Emma gives you a side glance.

"You aren't believing this shit, are you?" She asks, bluntly, directly in front of the Pontifex. You look over to her, in surprise and concern. "What does the Guardian have to do with military matters? Or Eric? Why kill him when we could bring him under our wing. The scientist isn't in charge of anything having to do with the military-- her focus is on what laws our society should enact to follow SEED's plan of paradise. If we need to kill her it can wait until after the war." She explains, calmly, as the Pontifex opens and shuts his mouth.

"Of all of them, Monica Colgan is the only one that strikes me as a viable target." Emma shakes her head again, giving another disgusted glance to the Pontifex. A voice full of reproach, "If you actually believed this...I'm disappointed in you. Maybe you aren't any better than an attack dog."

"Daughter Emma you will no--"

"Shut the fuck up, Ponti, or I'll break your jaw." Emma snaps, turning to affix the Pontifex with a gaze hard as steel, before returning it to you. "The grown ups are talking now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 11, 2020, 04:25:06 pm »

Silently listen. Be ready for if the Pontifex attacks Emma

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »

Sorry guys, I made a misstep with this I suppose.

"I should have expected he would pad the list with his political rivals, but I didn't and made a mistake.  Should we just target Colgan?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 11, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »

Sorry guys, I made a misstep with this I suppose.

"I should have expected he would pad the list with his political rivals, but I didn't and made a mistake.  Should we just target Colgan?"
Emma said “the grown ups are talking”
To me this implies we should keep quiet lest we mess things up more

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 11, 2020, 04:30:22 pm »

I think she was meaning that Emma and we are the grownups.  She told the Pontifex to shut up.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 11, 2020, 04:38:10 pm »

"...She's right." Start pointing down the list, in turn. "Xavier's a bulldog, Monica's of the old strategies-- the old engine-- but Nicole Parker? She's dangerous to you, not us. Cassandra? You've given me her position and nothing more-- why's she even on this list? And Eric..." Sigh. "...He's a poster child. He could be our poster child. He's not got a suspicious bone in his body."

In earnest now: "Completely necessary, you say. Necessary for what? I'm trying to unify this force under my own banner-- you've given me a list to tear it apart from the inside out."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 11, 2020, 04:39:07 pm »

"...She's right." Start pointing down the list, in turn. "Xavier's a bulldog, Monica's of the old strategies-- the old engine-- but Nicole Parker? She's dangerous to you, not us. Cassandra? You've given me her position and nothing more-- why's she even on this list? And Eric..." Sigh. "...He's a poster child. He's not got a suspicious bone in his body."

In earnest now: "Completely necessary, you say. Necessary for what? I'm trying to unify this force under my own banner-- you've given me a list to tear it apart from the inside out."

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 11, 2020, 04:43:50 pm »

[11 vs 1/4] "I did not! All of them are--" Emma is across the desk before you or the Pontifex can react, grabbing him by the collar and slamming his head into the desk. He yelps-- and Emma lifts him easily out of his seat in a beautiful exhibition of Empyreal strength, pulling him in front of her. "What. Did. I. Say."

The Pontifex, shriveled and scared, only nods in answer.

"Good boy." Emma looks over at you, frowning as her grip tightens on the man's collar. Her shoulders are tense-- then she shoves him away, relaxing. "I recommend you answer Alphira honestly." The Pontifex opens his mouth to speak to you, before looking to Emma, who gives a very Thornton smile, "You can talk now."

"You're righ-you're right. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'll write up a b-better one!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 11, 2020, 04:45:00 pm »

"...She's right." Start pointing down the list, in turn. "Xavier's a bulldog, Monica's of the old strategies-- the old engine-- but Nicole Parker? She's dangerous to you, not us. Cassandra? You've given me her position and nothing more-- why's she even on this list? And Eric..." Sigh. "...He's a poster child. He's not got a suspicious bone in his body."

+1
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 11, 2020, 04:46:58 pm »

"Please do so.  Do not try to deceive me again."
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 381