00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252489 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1950 on: April 09, 2020, 06:58:43 pm »

"I can.  Please, tell me what burdens you.  I will help you find redemption, but I will not judge you."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:21 pm »

[6]"I killed my father when I was a child." Sarah looks up at you, meeting your gaze, expression hardening, "I've killed six in my pursuit of SEED's glory, I broke the laws of the Guardians by taking bribes while serving with them, and as a Crusader I've slaughtered many unarmed civilians for personal wealth."

[Angel of Fire Containment Procedures] and [Misconduct by Officer Sarah Potmend by the High Board of Guardians: Investigations] lands at your feet, pulled from her coat in a smooth motion as she rises to her feet. "But I've never killed a subordinate to keep myself safe."

"Do I have your absolution, Mother Alphira?"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:22:29 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 09, 2020, 08:22:37 pm »

Holy crap.  That's pretty awful.  How did she get this post?  On a positive note, it looks like she has no love for SEED and its homicidal intent.  I guess we lucked out.

Pick up both documents and read them thoroughly, but check the containment procedures for new changes only.  "What actions have you taken, and what actions would you take, as penance for your sins?"

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:31:05 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 09, 2020, 08:44:19 pm »

Holy crap.  That's pretty awful.  How did she get this post?  On a positive note, it looks like she has no love for SEED and its homicidal intent.  I guess we lucked out.

Pick up both documents and read them thoroughly, but check the containment procedures for new changes only.  "What actions have you taken, and what actions would you take, as penance for your sins?"
+1
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:46:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 09, 2020, 08:45:06 pm »

Change made.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 09, 2020, 09:55:21 pm »

The containment procedures have not changed -- its just another copy of the same file. "I've told you about my actions, Mother Alphira." Sarah steps closer, gesturing to the file you read, "And my sins are laid out there clearly."

Quote from: Misconduct by Officer Sarah Potmend by the High Board of Guardians: Investigations
...investigations from Crusader Tribunal determined that, while questionable, Officer Potmend's actions during the Outlander dispute protected her soldiers...
...missing jade worth upwards two hundred credits...
...accusations of bribery from several of arrested...
...Officer John McMont's death was ruled to be the responsibility of The Pole Gang...

She's been cleared of many things, sometimes by a narrow margin of tribunal votes or inconclusive investigations. But the suspicion is still there.

"They shuffled me off to a post where they thought I would die. You've got a reputation. But I do not die easy...and...what can I do for you?" Sarah questions, gently, smiling at you, "Anything. Your absolution means I get my career back one day."

So, Sarah kneels down once more in front of you, closer this time, "So what will my absolution cost, Mother Alphira?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 09, 2020, 10:08:39 pm »

"Things are going to change, for the better, and you'll soon have the opportunity to have whatever career you want.  For now, talk to your guardsmen and try to sway them to my side.  Those that remain obstinately defiant or undecided should be fired for cause and never replaced.  I will have further orders for you once this task is complete."

"Beyond that, protect me from the Church and its machinations by notifying me of any retributive actions on their part that you become aware of.  Defend me always, and follow my orders without concern for those above me, and your sins will be washed away."

"Will you do what must be done to receive absolution?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:10:35 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 10, 2020, 03:25:04 am »

"Things are going to change, for the better, and you'll soon have the opportunity to have whatever career you want.  For now, talk to your guardsmen and try to sway them to my side.  Those that remain obstinately defiant or undecided should be fired for cause and never replaced.  I will have further orders for you once this task is complete."

"Beyond that, protect me from the Church and its machinations by notifying me of any retributive actions on their part that you become aware of.  Defend me always, and follow my orders without concern for those above me, and your sins will be washed away."

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 10, 2020, 08:43:26 am »

Uhh wow. I... I think I liked Zachary better.  :o

+1
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 10, 2020, 08:46:26 am »

Uhh wow. I... I think I liked Zachary better.  :o

+1
+1
Zac is dead now, due to trying to kill us

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 10, 2020, 08:54:54 am »

Yeah, but he was upstanding. A noble zealot, a martyr to his own ideals. I appreciated that!
This lady... more comes off as a crook trying to use us to get ahead in life. Pretty typical for us by now, really.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 10, 2020, 09:06:24 am »

Yeah, but he was upstanding. A noble zealot, a martyr to his own ideals. I appreciated that!
This lady... more comes off as a crook trying to use us to get ahead in life. Pretty typical for us by now, really.
tbf, we are a crook now, too

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 10, 2020, 09:47:54 am »

Heh, true that. I... like to think we're doing all the wrong things for all the right reasons. ::)

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 10, 2020, 09:49:11 am »

Heh, true that. I... like to think we're doing all the wrong things for all the right reasons. ::)
regardless of our intent, we are criminals to the Holy City and SEED, if he figures out what we did

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 10, 2020, 12:40:34 pm »

Whatever helps Patches sleep at night.

"I will." Sarah smiles, satisfied, rising to her feet to leave after tucking her hair beneath her helmet. "I appreciate the ease of my burden, Mother Alphira."

Emma returns to your side, raising an eyebrow in question. "What was all that about?"

You check your armor, adjusting it subconsciously despite the perfect fit. A twitch of a smile curls your lips as you feel the familiar comfort that pulses through your person.

What next?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 381