00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252666 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1620 on: April 04, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »

"I honor the brave sacrifices of the Thorntons that came to my aid.  Without them, the battle would surely have been lost, the new King of the Dead would have assaulted the Holy City, throwing our world into abrupt chaos."

"Their involvement in the battle saved more lives than were lost, and the Thorntons will be remembered as brave and determined allies.  There is much power and influence to be gained if you will continue to support our efforts."

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 04, 2020, 03:01:20 pm »

[9] "And only at the cost of our lives and our Family, I'm sure." William Sr. cuts through your argument. "And the bravery and strength of our soldiers have never been in question, but I thank you for your stirring commendation, unnecessary as it is." The crowd murmurs in agreement with William Sr., and you can feel the mood continue to darken.

"If the Holy City falls is none of our concern. The Thorntons have existed before SEED and will continue long after SEED falls to these foes of its own creation. Anything else to say, Alphira?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 04, 2020, 03:11:45 pm »

Of its own creation... I've suspected something of the sort for a long time. Worth looking into, methinks-- but perhaps this isn't the time.

It occurs to me that here, of all places, our words of treason against SEED might be well received. We could play that card... but of course, word would most likely find its way back to the Holy City somehow. Again, this would be easier if it wasn't so public...

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 04, 2020, 03:16:11 pm »

"These foes are not of SEED's creation.  They are all-consuming mechanical entities from the the void between worlds, and the more they consume the more powerful they become.  If you don't work together with SEED, distasteful as it is, to nip this issue in the bud, this entire world will be destroyed.  I beg you, fight with me to save this planet.  I will reward you and your family with anything that your hearts desire."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 04, 2020, 03:25:42 pm »

According to Lucile, the first strain of the plague likely did emerge from a seedship, but not necessarily this particular one.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 04, 2020, 03:37:34 pm »

I realized I should probably show why you're failing, as opposed to just not listing the difficulty rating.

[9+1/15] "All the more reason to retain our strength and not waste it fighting for SEED." William Sr. makes a show of thinking, however. "Hmmh. Your offer is tempting, Angel. Truly it is-- in fact,  I will agree to it." He lifts a finger, a very Thornton, sardonic grin spreading across his face. "Bring back the dead Thorntons. Is that within your power?"

When you make to protest, if you make to protest, he lifts a finger for silence. William sets a hand on your shoulder gently, and shakes his head to you. "May I have permission to speak, sir?"

"As opposed to it as I am, I do suppose I have to let you try and worm your way out of this."

[16/15] "Alphira presents a unique opportunity to the Thornton Family. One that could not be ignored. This world will eventually be ours, that is true. As our ancestors willed long ago. One day or another, one future or another. We will rise- but what then after that? We languish here. We die with the sun and our name fades to dust, or the 'void' opens its mouth and spits out a challenge we cannot fight, one we cannot win against." Small murmurs of disbelief echo through the crowd. "And the void is true, a fact of our existance-- do not believe me?" William peels off his glove, showing the blackened cybernetic limb. "With this limb, and the blessing of my void-born comrade here, the one who I spent Thornton lives to save, I've reached levels of strength that can rival the Warmachines of our future. Besides that--"

[19] A small, blueish fire burns forth from William's hand-- the crowd goes silent with awe. "Phe-- Alphira, the woman beside me, can destroy any Warmachine with her bare hands. She granted this power to me by right of Blood, after I risked my life to save her."

"Like the tales of McCreary of old, there's truth in that there are other worlds than this one. That there our other futures for the Thornton family-- but only, only if we risk everything for Alphira. She has made me a devotee, father. Which is why I  ask you; let me take the reins of the family."

"Bold words for the commander who lost more soldiers than anyone in our history." William Sr. counters.

"Boldness. Bravery. What else should a Thornton want for?"

[1] "I refuse. You are not of my Family anymore, William. Your failures, your temperament, your loyalty to...whatever this [demon] is that sits beside you. They all conspire against you."

[-] "Then I wish to duel you for the right."

[12] "To the death. Champions only. Let us see what your new master can do. Nothing but parlor tricks, I think." William flinches at his Father's words, glancing at you. "If she can match any Warmachine, then perhaps two will suffice to challenge her-- its only fair?"

"I ask too much of you Pheobe, but I ask another favor." William murmurs gently, slumping into his chair.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:40:23 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 04, 2020, 03:43:57 pm »

---

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 04, 2020, 03:52:29 pm »

It would be nice to have our armor right about now, but I still think we can handle it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 04, 2020, 03:58:08 pm »

"I will fight for you."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 04, 2020, 03:59:41 pm »

...right. Misunderstood a moment what we were being asked to do.

"You treasure the lives of your soldiers so... and you would expend two to make a point?"

"...if this is what it takes to earn your respect, then so be it."

"I will fight for you."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 04, 2020, 04:10:06 pm »

...right. Misunderstood a moment what we were being asked to do.

"You treasure the lives of your soldiers so... and you would expend two to make a point?"

"...if this is what it takes to earn your respect, then so be it."

"I will fight for you."

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 04, 2020, 04:39:46 pm »

"I doubt I will lose even one." William Sr. retorts, rising to his feet with a clank of limbs. William Jr. nods, turning out to the courtyard, with you following along. An exodus of witnesses follow.

William moves to take your coat and spare weapons, leaving you with a cutter hilt. Two fully armored Warmachines tromp out into the courtyard across from you, cutter hilts in hand. William Sr. leans on his cane, opposing you from beyond the two soldiers. Emma hovers by his shoulder with an expressionless face. The two chosen champions bow to you, and you do the same. Cutter hilts flare forth with contained fires. The Thornton's have a longer reach, and their blades burn white compared to your blue. Less powerful, but without your armor, it doesn't matter.

The fight begins, and they circle you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 04, 2020, 04:42:06 pm »

Start by using earth manipulation to create a raised platform beneath us, raising us up and putting us out of range of the Cutters.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 04, 2020, 04:47:09 pm »

They'd cut it down, no?

Let's see... fully armored means we can't just roast these guys. I wonder, though...

Can we pop the reactors of our enemy's Cutters?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 04, 2020, 04:49:24 pm »

I think they would struggle to cut it down, as you can't really cut dirt with fire.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 381