00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252787 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1590 on: April 03, 2020, 10:24:00 pm »

You take your wallet back, making a show of opening it up and counting the money within. Nothing is missing, and the young woman extends a hand back to you. You take out five credits, and after checking your other pockets, you put the wad of bills into her money. Her eyes briefly widen, but she says nothing, staring at the money.

[1] She hesitates. slipping the knife back into its sheath, making a show of it while keeping eye contact with you-- her eyes drift towards the alleyway. Then she lunges at you with a swing of her first--

[16 vs 16] Surprised, you twist out of the way, slamming your shoulder into her solar plexus. She hits the ground with a grunt of pain, but is back on her feet in an instant, tackling you to the ground. You're surprised at how strong she is, but she's already panting with exertion, while you're not even warmed up yet.

[10 vs 4] You don't think she was expecting you to hit her in the face that hard, but it sends her sprawling away from you. You feel bones crack. She spits blood, rising back to her feet when you do.  She stares, and all you see in her eyes is calculation- fear. A massive bruise blooms across her face as she drops to her knees in a bow.

"I've shown you what I can do. I need work. I need more than this."

Emma watches with a bored, almost contemptuous expression as the girl extends out the wad of bills you gave her. "Why do people like her think this all you answer to?" She complains with a sigh, "Do you just radiate a 'try me' [aura, presence, willpower], or something?"

The woman says nothing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:31:46 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:09 pm »

"What's your name and what are your skills?  The ones I've seen so far are impressive."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 03, 2020, 10:36:35 pm »

"What's your name and what are your skills?  The ones I've seen so far are impressive."
+1 My name’s Phoebe

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 03, 2020, 10:39:53 pm »

Sigh. "You're strong-- bold-- skilled. I can take you in. Put you on track for the Crusaders, maybe even for my personal guard. It's a dangerous life, but you'd have as fair a chance at it as anyone-- and my own word to back you up."

"What say you?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 03, 2020, 10:43:49 pm »

"I am [bravery, determination, more specifically, Brave-In-Fear]." You ask her to repeat it and enunciate each sound. She does so without a flicker of emotion, 'Iyal'. You notice that's she's lapsed into her own tongue, as Emma looks confused. She sounds more determined, less stuttering in her native tongue.

"I am a full [warrior of a clan-structure]. I have ambushed a Barker and made a knife with its [roughly translates to 'rib bone over heart']."

To your offer, all she does is lift a shirt-sleeve. Emma winces. A brand of SEED's symbol scarred into her skin, and she's tried to cut it off, judging by the scar tissue that dances across it.

"I cannot join the C-crusaders." She replies, in hesitant SEED dialect.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:46:04 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 03, 2020, 10:48:18 pm »

“Why not? We can probably find something that removes the mark. A mark on the arm shouldn’t prevent you from being able to be a Crusader. I can heal people, though it causes me pain sometimes”
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:54:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 03, 2020, 10:48:27 pm »

"You would be a welcome addition to my personal guard.  I think you would also take well to assassination or intelligence gathering tasks.  Let me take you to a doctor to see to your wounds.  If you're still interested, I would be glad to have you, Lyal."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:57 pm »

"You would be a welcome addition to my personal guard.  I think you would also take well to assassination or intelligence gathering tasks.  Let me take you to a doctor to see to your wounds.  If you're still interested, I would be glad to have you, Lyal."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 03, 2020, 10:55:48 pm »

You know, I have to ask... d'you draw inspiration from Dune, perchance?  ;)

Let a bit of bitterness into our voice. "Ah. The mercy of SEED."

"...Let the Crusaders speak as they may."

+1

+1-- is "Iyal" tho, not "Lyal".

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:48 pm »

Was it the bright blue eyes or the prescience that gave it away? If you're asking, I might have gone too far. But all the anime and sci-fi games should balance it out. I hope. ;-;

[8-3] Iyal bows her head as you approach. You press a hand to her wounded face-- and try to use your willpower to knit the wound back together. It-its too complicated to try and knit the veins and flesh and carbon strains back together. She flinches, and the bruise deepens in color, but she doesn't complain.

After a beat, you extend your offer. All the tension that was flowing through her fades, and she lowers her head to the ground. You extend a hand to help her up after you introduce yourself, properly, but she doesn't take it, rising on her own with another thankful half-bow.

"I'll have the Thornton bath-maids clean her up, and Silas to tend to her injuries. I don't think that even you can do anything about her [debt-slave brand]. She'll have to hide it or embrace it." Emma explains, watching Iyal with a calculating, hard gaze. Emma sighs, approaching the woman and towering over her.

"I am...Pheobe's [spouse, consort, first companion], and her second in command, Emma Thornton. If you mugged me, you'd be dead by now." Emma explains, calmly, with her ice-cold voice, stating simple facts. You're reminded of when she was made dorm-captain, and how she whipped the other students into discipline with that same voice. Iyal bows at her hips to Emma after glancing between the two of you with open confusion.

"Right. Wonderful." Emma continues, looping a robe covered arm into yours. "Shall we continue?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 03, 2020, 11:20:04 pm »

Interesting title there.  Second-in-command.

"Yes, dear."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 03, 2020, 11:24:10 pm »

Was it the bright blue eyes or the prescience that gave it away? If you're asking, I might have gone too far. But all the anime and sci-fi games should balance it out. I hope. ;-;

Hold up that prescience thing was serious? I'm... really tempted now to give that a try sometime.

Seriously tho, was a compliment not a condemnation! I've a deep and abiding love for Dune-- and in drawing from it (and from whatever else), you've created something truly compelling. I am grateful.  ;D

Interesting title there.  Second-in-command.

I mean, she ain't wrong.

"Yes, dear."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 04, 2020, 12:03:13 am »

You'll never get a straight answer, but you had a moment on page 19.

William watches the two of you approach from atop his [beast of burden]. He looks between Mitch and Iyal with only mild surprise, "Are you picking up strays now? Such a charitable [angel]."

You and Emma mount up on the [beast] with the most comfortable saddle. Iyal walks beside it, nearby you. The Warmachines form up beside the animals, marching along and protecting your flanks.

You set off in the night, the beast following its siblings with no need for guidance from you. You take the time to cuddle with a dozing Emma, keeping your eyes fixed on the bright lamp illuminating a Thornton banner at the front of the march.

The trip takes quite some time, your new bodyguard marching along faithfully, even as night turns into day. As you go over the top of a hill, you see it over another, cresting with the rising sun of the morning over snow-covered hills.

It's a castle, that's the only word for it . It's a high construction built from the reddish-gray granite of the mountains, reinforced with thick walls of steel. Surrounding it is a small town, filled with factories and cypress houses. Around that is a high concrete fence, topped with barbed wire, and patrolled by Warmachines. A messenger walks out the great you from the gates of both castle and fortification to speak to William. You're surprised at the ground he covers.

"This is nothing like the Moore Villa." You murmur to a smiling Emma.

"That's because they got soft," Emma responds gently.

The gates swing open, and you're lead through. It doesn't take long for the Warmachines to break off, drifting down the alleyways to embrace loved ones and their children. Some look a little less happy, welcoming those that return while mourning their lost loves. You try not to dwell on it.

William and a small honor guard approach the castle, who's steel gates swing down. The only welcoming party is servants, hurrying to take bags and assist Emma off the beast. Emma's fake smile appears as she directs them to and fro. Silas and Iyal are bundled away together after he sees to Emma's hand.

Eventually, the hubbub dies down. Emma, with a knowing grin, takes your hand, leading you down brightly lit and plush corridors, to the smell of food.

The Kitchen is modern in all appearances, run by an imposing, round woman with plenty of scars on her full arms. You note it's not all fat- there is muscle there too. She breaks away from a cowering cook when the two of you open the kitchen doors. The woman's eyes brighten when she sees Emma, and she strides forth to embrace your lover in a tight bear-hug. Mitch pops out of Emma's fur robe, surprised, but sits silently.

"My, you've grown!" The woman speaks, laughing.

"I have, although I've missed your food! I've lost a lot of weight subsisting on grain-meal alone!"

"Poor dear," The Chef teases, "My my, the pretty [princess] having to lose a few pounds and put on some muscle! Such a shame--" Her eyes flick to you, "At least you don't have to worry about impressing the boys anymore, although I can barely tell that he's a man!"

"That's my lover, Pheobe." The chef's lips split into a gap-toothed grin.

"I'm [Chef] Mary Thornton, and the gardener owes me [2 credits in local currency.]!"

"Chef Mary!"

"Oh hush, you always eyed the new serving girls more than your brother did-- it was a sure bet!" She rounds on you with that smile, extending a scarred hand your way, "As she said, I'm Chef Mary Thornton. It's a pleasure to meet anyone who can put up with Emma. Your name was...Pheobe...?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:10:54 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 04, 2020, 12:13:22 am »

Smile and shake her hand.  "I'm Phoebe and it's very nice to meet you, ma'am.  Any friend of Emma's is a friend of mine."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 04, 2020, 12:21:14 am »

You'll never get a straight answer, but you had a moment on page 19.

...holy cow.

I'm... I'm gonna have to re-read everything, just to pick up all the references I missed the first time!  :o

Smile and shake her hand.  "I'm Phoebe and it's very nice to meet you, ma'am.  Any friend of Emma is a friend of mine."

+1

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 381