00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252885 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1530 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:37 pm »

"Yes! How can I help you, fine ladies of SEED?" The shopkeeper is a thin young man with an unruly mop of brown hair that hangs down past his neck. His hands are all long fingers, with grease beneath the nails. He looks a little nervous, but visibly relaxes when you start asking questions about the many things in his shop.

"Ah, that tube? It's a [lighter]." He explains, picking up the hydrogen tube and pressing down on the button. A small orange flame burns out from the tip as long as he holds down the button. It goes out when he flicks it off. "The hydrogen is mixed with some salts so that you can see the fire-- too many dumbasses burning themselves." [.1 credits] in local currency.

When you gesture to the console, he grins, walking over to you and pulling a plug from a set of batteries behind the back. "This is a mineral scanner. Outland Prospectors use them to find surface deposits of minerals." It boots up, SEED script running across the screen. Then you feel a pulse of energy emitted from it. The display lists: iron ore, copper ore, and gold nearby, as well as vertical and horizontal distances to said concentrations. [20 credits] in local currency.

"This," He continues to explain when you ask about the pod, "Is a hearing amplifier. My...grandfather designed and made it. You put it in your ear, and the sound comes out clearer and louder. I sell 'em for cheap because old folks need to hear too. Just the cost of labor and parts." [.3 credits] in local currency.

"The reactor," He notes, "Is a standard workshop reactor. I actually purchased it from the Local SEED garrison. It had some slight fire damage, but nothing I couldn't fix. It's a little under-efficiency--" [5] He rattles off stats, and you look blank. The shopkeeper sighs, simplifying, "It'll use a single hydrogen cell to power an average house for a year. Three for a small workshop, and ten for a small factory. It'll emit an alarm when it's running low, and it can measure grid usage and report it back to you in a nice percentage form." [50 credits] in local currency.

The forge is fairly self-explanatory- it has an electric powered forge to heat small amounts of metals to process them into ingots. It has a blower to pull oxygen in or out, depending on the process. There's a sturdy anvil, another heater for shaping metal already in ingot form, a collapsible barrel, you assume for water or oil. It also contains a welding apparatus and a number of chisels, swages and dies, molds...so on. It also comes with a leather apron and a pair of protective lenses.
Everything you might need to get into metalworking, besides the metal and electricity. [15 credits] in local currency.

[17]You pick up the tube with black circles on it. The circles are oddly cloth-like, and the machine feels more substantial than you would expect. It fits neatly in your hand. The shopkeeper trips over himself to rush to your side, trying to snatch it out of your hands-- and Mitch gives a surprisingly deep growl for something so small. His intimidation factor is eliminated pretty quickly by the yip of bark, though.

You, however, have no such issues intimidating the shopkeeper-- who takes one look at you and backs away with his hands up. "So-Sorry-- ma'am. Just...Just a silly little trinket my senile grandfather had me make. No-nothing to worry about. I swear."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 03, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »

"Tell me more about this trinket, please."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:32 pm »

I am... intrigued.

"Tell me more about this trinket, please."

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 03, 2020, 04:47:47 pm »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 03, 2020, 04:48:21 pm »

[11] "It's- it's nothing. I swear. Just some stuff I soldered together as a joke!"

[20] "Its forbidden technology, isn't it...Mister...?" Emma suddenly seems a lot more official, straightening up and taking a step towards the man. The shopkeeper flinches back and genuinely looks like he's about to cry. "You're already screwed if we -think- its forbidden tech. So why not come clean and make it easier on yourself, huh."

With a gesture to you, and a sudden look of seriousness, "I want you to think twice about lying to me again. We're not [beat] Guardians- this is Lady Alphira, SEED's own Holy Angel of Fire. Her wrath is brutal-- just today I saw her burn someone alive for disloyalty."

"It's a [radio wave based communicator]." He manages through heaving sobs, finally breaking down.

"Your grandfather was a high-ranking scholar of SEED? And he let this technology leak?" Emma looks amused, reaching to take the piece from you.

"I never used it, I swear on SEED!"

Emma leans in, idly, to whisper, "I have no idea what this is. We could get a bribe from this guy, though, now."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:54:23 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 03, 2020, 04:58:02 pm »

This is important technology that would help us win the war.

"Give it to me, and a small bribe, and I'll forget we ever had this conversation."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 03, 2020, 05:14:38 pm »

"Give it to me, and a small bribe, and I'll forget we ever had this conversation."
“I don’t believe this should be forbidden. It seems like it would help the war effort, so I’m struggling to see SEED’S rationale for banning technology such as this”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 03, 2020, 05:16:41 pm »

Oh. Oh nice.

To Emma: "Alphira told me about tech like this. If it's what I think it is... it could be priceless for the coming war."

To the shopkeep now, with a faint smile and perhaps a touch of will in our words: "I'm not so merciless as this one would have you believe... and I would not wish to bring ruin upon such a skilled technician of SEED. Turn the contraption over to me, and I'll let this offense go without notice."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 03, 2020, 05:18:28 pm »

“I don’t believe this should be forbidden. It seems like it would help the war effort, so I’m struggling to see SEED’S rationale for banning technology such as this”
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 03, 2020, 05:45:21 pm »

[19] "Wh-what?" The shopkeeper recovers spectacularly, rubbing at his face, only succeeding in rubbing more grime on his face. "My grandfather...said...said that machines like this could reach into the void by accident, and summon demons forth from that dark place..."

"I...I didn't understand. Please," He bows in front of you, "Please forgive me, Holy Alphira. Take anything from me-- please."

"It's a hefty crime breaking the forbidden tech laws...and using SEED's secrets for your own gain." Emma tuts, giving you a smile as you play along. "What's worth your life, and the lifetime of suffering on a world bereft of SEED's Holy Light? What would grant you access back into the Paradise of a Perfect World?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 03, 2020, 05:49:42 pm »

His grandfather was right, I suppose, as that's how McCreary was summoned.  Should we take something from him?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 03, 2020, 05:50:43 pm »

“Abolishing the horrid practice of debt slavery, ensuring that people aren’t sent to their deaths. Giving people the ability to learn about what the world is, not what SEED’s lies say it is like”

I just thought of something, maybe SEED’s name stands for something?
S.E.Empereal Destroyer?
Let’s not take from him. We have money to buy the forge, let’s buy the forge, not just take it
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 06:13:05 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 03, 2020, 06:07:26 pm »

"I absolve you of your sins.  You may remain in this 'Paradise of a Perfect World.'  Can you give me a slightly better price for the forge?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 03, 2020, 06:08:08 pm »

“Abolishing the horrid practice of debt slavery, ensuring that people aren’t sent to their deaths. Giving people the ability to learn about what the world is, not what SEED’s lies say it is like”

S.E.Empereal Destroyer?
Let’s not take from him. We have money to buy the forge, let’s buy the forge, not just take it

Emma was talking to the shopkeep-- not to us.
...also, the last time we condemned SEED to somebody we had to burn said somebody alive. I'd really rather not have a repeat of that.

Do we need the forge? It's interesting and all, but we can probably requisition something similar if necessary.

His grandfather was right, I suppose, as that's how McCreary was summoned.

...Oh. These laws-- this planet-- SEED's deliberately hidden it from the Empyreals!

Anyway, let's grab the radio and get out of here. No need to take money or anything-- this guy's pathetic, and I'd like to leave ourself a certain air of magnanimity.

"[Demons]! From this little contraption?"

"...yes, I suppose it could call down a [demon] at that. Powerful technology, but dangerous..."
"...yes, I think we had best confiscate this. You are a skilled technician, to create such a device-- but you must not dabble in such technology again. I would not be so merciful a second time."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 03, 2020, 06:12:49 pm »

S.E.Empereal Destroyer?

Emma was talking to the shopkeep-- not to us.
...also, the last time we condemned SEED to somebody we had to burn said somebody alive. I'd really rather not have a repeat of that.

Do we need the forge? It's interesting and all, but we can probably requisition something similar if necessary.

His grandfather was right, I suppose, as that's how McCreary was summoned.

...Oh. These laws-- this planet-- SEED's deliberately hidden it from the Empyreals!

Anyway, let's grab the radio and get out of here. No need to take money or anything-- this guy's pathetic, and I'd like to leave ourself a certain air of magnanimity.

"[Demons]! From this little contraption?"

"...yes, I suppose it could call down a [demon] at that. Powerful technology, but dangerous..."
"...yes, I think we had best confiscate this. You are a skilled technician, to create such a device-- but you must not dabble in such technology again. I would not be so merciful a second time."

+1
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 381