00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252937 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1515 on: April 03, 2020, 04:24:42 am »

I was thinking one of the insects, insects molt when they grow, so we can make stuff out of chitin without killing it, but two pets are more responsibility than one pet, but maybe due to insects being ectoderms compared to barkers being endodermis, the insects might require less food

Ask about how much food each of the insects require, as well as join much food a barker requires per day

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 03, 2020, 08:00:43 am »

Just buy the dog we picked, we can worry about feeding it later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 03, 2020, 09:43:50 am »

"[Omnivorous], with a preference for meat," The shopkeeper explains about the Barker, taking the collar and wrapping it around the puppy's neck. She attaches the lead to it, and, hands it to you.

The puppy starts gnawing on it. "What are we going to name it?" Emma asks, reaching down and prising the leash out of its mouth.

"Scavenger. Eats anything that isn't nailed down. Prefers to let food rot." The shopkeeper gestures loosely to the rotund beetle.

You feel like you can maintain the dog and beetle easily, as all your meals, and Emma's, are free.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:06:46 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 03, 2020, 10:02:29 am »

Ask about what the beetle eats(the one Emma is gesturing to)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:41 am »

My fault. Lack of clarity.

"Live prey. Usually insects when it's this small." The shopkeeper continues to explain. That might be more difficult to source. The skinny beetle throws itself at it's cage, hissing at your presence.

Spoiler: Clothing Section (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloths (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spices (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Animals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food (Street Vendors) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food (Bulk) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Furniture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:32:10 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 03, 2020, 01:31:47 pm »

Huh. We're... buying a dog?

Are we in a position to be owning a dog right now? We'd have to take it out on the battlefield, or leave it with Emma... and I think it knows we ain't human. We can't exactly return it if it turns out to really hate us, for that matter...

...ah well. I'm willing to entertain the idea.

"You've a way with small cute things, you know that?" (Grin.) "Smart little critter. Is it a boy puppy or a girl puppy, can you tell?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 03, 2020, 02:27:08 pm »

"William raised hounds. They loved me." Emma states, grinning as the puppy tries to eat it's cloth leash. "It's a boy. Wanna see something interesting?"

Emma leans down, opening the dog's mouth-- it has three rows of sharp puppy teeth in it's stubby little jaws. "This dog is more Barker than Hound. They lose sets down the pedigree as they don't need them to break through bone and chitin."

Emma gestures to a sheepish shopkeeper, and the canines in the cage. "Those are probably just female hounds."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:33:13 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 03, 2020, 02:34:29 pm »

"What do you think about the name Mitch?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 03, 2020, 02:58:54 pm »

"You're the one who wanted it." Emma counters, "I'll call it whatever you want."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 03, 2020, 03:00:40 pm »

"It's settled then, Mitch.  He's cute but I definitely hope he doesn't bite me.  Those are some sharp teeth."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 03, 2020, 03:11:35 pm »

"I would've called it Billy." Emma counters, passing you the leash. The puppy drags himself behind you for just a few moments, before realizing how this all works. Then it waddles along behind, with something resembling pride-- or at least as much as a puppy with a too-big collar can muster. Emma thinks it's adorable.

Its a small, sandy gray-colored little beast, with a stubby jaw, stubby fur, and dark, rust-colored eyes. It radiates hostility, despite its tiny form. Its current collar is large and adjustable, the outside lined with sharp spikes. The shopkeeper explained it was to protect it from other Barkers. "Barkers are...strange." Emma confides, watching it with a smile, "They sometimes mutate when they get older. They've been wiped out from the plains of SEED, and hunters keep packs in the fringes of the state. They're vicious hunters...certain packs and their territories are named like Outlander nations. They're legends in many stories."

Emma kneels in street, teasing the puppy's face with a finger, which it nips playfully at, "Who's a vicious little killer- who's a vicious little bastard? You are, yes you areeee~." It barks. You wonder if it was agreeing with the statement.

"Well, any other stalls you want to visit, Pheobe?" Emma rises, brushing the dust from her dress.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 03, 2020, 03:16:04 pm »

The technology stall
Maybe we can get some fuel for the reactor at some point after getting it, also ask about what the tube with a black circle at the ends. Also purchase the portable forge

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 03, 2020, 03:18:22 pm »

I'd like to examine and ask about the following items at the technology stall:

A curious tube, with a black circle attached across at both ends, a finger-length tube of hydrogen with a mechanism atop it, strange portable consoles with a cheap display, and a small gray pod of plastic and steel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 03, 2020, 03:19:49 pm »

A curious tube, with a black circle attached across at both ends, a finger-length tube of hydrogen with a mechanism atop it, strange portable consoles with a cheap display, and a small gray pod of plastic and steel.

+1, as well as the reactor and forge

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 03, 2020, 03:27:57 pm »

I like this Barker. It's a horrid ugly little ball of murder, and it's adorable. :))

Anyway. I dunno we need to actually purchase anything at the tech stall-- the government will probably produce for us anything we deem necessary for war-- but we can surely have a look.

+1, as well as the reactor and forge

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 381