00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253019 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1395 on: March 31, 2020, 05:15:53 pm »

"I've learned my lesson on that front.  Emma will stay by my side during this meeting, as I believe she does wield considerable influence with the Crusaders through her employment, and thus it will be helpful to have her on hand.  I will personally protect her from harm."

"As for securing loyalty, I will probably give the highest positions to members of my personal guard, who I know to be loyal.  If necessary, however, there is always the option to perform a blood transfusion."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:32 pm »

[3]"...what's that mean, Pheobe?" William asks, glancing over his shoulder. Suddenly the room feels too small for the two of you, his willpower whipping up and around him all at once, and you're once again face to face with another predator. He's tense suddenly, a fire all too familiar gleaming in his eyes. You wonder if this is jealousy or the rebellion of an angry creation.

He lowers the gun, turning to face you in the dark. You feel yourself tensing in turn, ready for a fight as he keeps eye contact with you. "Pheobe. What do -you- mean by that?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 31, 2020, 06:34:03 pm »

Oh shit...

Focus our will and send it out towards him.  "I just mean that we can gift others with our strength.  However, if it bothers you, I will refrain from doing that."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 31, 2020, 06:44:18 pm »

Oh shit...

Focus our will and send it out towards him.  "I just mean that we can gift others with our strength.  However, if it bothers you, I will refrain from doing that."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 31, 2020, 06:48:57 pm »

Seriously, this blood transfusion thing is bad news.

Grin wide. Let our will rise in defiance. "Only you, hm? Fair enough."
"You're right, of course. Godhood is not to be thrown away so lightly."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 31, 2020, 06:57:55 pm »

[6] William and you stand against each other, and while you know you're stronger than him, he holds his own. Both of you are distracted, momentarily, by the Crusader Armorer dropping to the ground. You both glance his way to find him unconscious, still breathing. Then your gazes snap together once more. You notice William shivering, but he doesn't back down. For some reason, you're reminded of looking in a mirror.

"..." William relaxes a little, turning back to the range. "For a moment, Alphira, I was worried your 'blood' might be a control mechanism. I think that would make me very mad. Very mad. I apologize for reacting defensively."

[1][8 vs 1] The rifle swings around wide, the shot following the swing, but you're already ducking down, tackling William to the ground with your shoulder. You draw out your cutter hilt in one smooth motion and hover it above his neck, the short blade singing away the top of his uniform, your's as well. You sit atop him, keeping him pinned, and he laughs. "I was actually trying to kill you. You don't control me. Good. Sorry Pheobe, I had to be sure."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:59:29 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 31, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »

"...of course.  Your support is important to me.  Now that we've established that, can I count on your continued aid?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 31, 2020, 07:16:25 pm »

"...of course.  Your support is important to me.  Now that we've established that, can I count on your continued aid?"
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 31, 2020, 07:18:57 pm »

"Of course." William states, looking up at you. "Now get off of me before Emma walks in and gets jealous." You hesitate, then rise. You offer him your hand, and he takes it with a grin, helping himself up. He looks a little smug as he examines the cracked rifle and you turn the cutter blade off. He starts towards the armory, before pausing by the unconscious armorer. "What happened to him?" He asks, nudging the man with his boot.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 31, 2020, 07:27:50 pm »

Heh, I misunderstood the situation there. That wasn't new William angry at the thought of somebody else sharing his power-- that was old William, afraid we'd put him in some kind of mind lock. No wonder he wheeled on us.

Also, we have a knockout ability now. Beautiful.

"I think... we overwhelmed him. Pushing at each others' wills that way. I've never done that before."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 31, 2020, 07:28:59 pm »

Heh, I misunderstood the situation there. That wasn't new William angry at the thought of somebody else sharing his power-- that was old William, afraid we'd put him in a mind lock. No wonder he wheeled on us.

Also, we have a knockout ability now. Beautiful.

"I think... we overwhelmed him. Pushing at each others' wills that way. I've never done that before."
+1. Take him to medical.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 31, 2020, 07:38:39 pm »

"...have you ever tried before?" William asks, watching you lift the Crusader Armorer to your shoulders in a rough fireman's carry. He sets the broken gun down on the weapon exchange stoop, positioning it in such a way that the liquid coolant drips out on to the floor. No help is offered as you head outside of the darkened room, towards the general medical bay.

"No." You admit, after some hesitation.

"That's powerful, if it works on everybody." William says. "I've...noticed some changes in regard to how people treat me. Before the transfusion, that armorer wouldn't give me the time of day. Everything was paperwork, I had to have a permission slip from Emma, blah blah blah. When the changes finally kicked in...he started acting nicer to me. Helping me out. Letting me use guns without a form. That kind of thing. Nothing major, of course."

"Maybe it only works with the two of us. Our collective field pushing at one another causing him to black out." He finally offers, as he splits off from you. "See you on the ship."

You arrive in medical and deposit the Crusader Armorer to a medic. He's going to be okay, just fainting, you're assured. They ask what happened, and you gloss over the important parts.

You have three hours before Emma and you are to go out on the town.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:41:21 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:35 pm »

Maybe take another attempt at checking on the armor.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:53 pm »

"Maybe. Alphira probably knows."

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 31, 2020, 08:30:55 pm »

[12 vs 7] You heave a sigh of reluctance that confuses the medic, and excuse yourself. Every step towards McFee's workshop drags on. Maybe its because you're literally dragging yourself to do this. Regardless, you greet McFee cheerfully, and reach out to touch the armor. You slip on the unbroken glove, then the damaged pieces.

[16] You activate the needles, and the armor awakens. You start feeling hungry, and the armor begins to creak, fusing together the faults and damages. The breaks and damages seal in it, slowly filling with the black metal before gold overcomes it. You see no marks, and remove the mended pieces. You keep a glove on, ignoring that mixed feeling of disgust and comfort it radiates.

[Good Local Afternoon Sadil-- Sadil. You have abnormal readings within your processing and identity cores.]

And with one final sigh, you embrace yourself, allowing the information you know as fact to flow into you. Acknowledging what you were trying to hide. There's something wrong with you. You feel it in your bones. Pulsing pain that nothing can dampen.

W͛ͤ̓̀ͭ̓͏̪̳h̶̡̲̖ͭ̈́̽ͮ̎̀ā̸̡͎̮̫̘̥̠͎̖̩̋̓͒ͨ̑t͚̣̼̪͆ͬ̆̆.̌̍̾̄ͩ̽̈͟͡҉̦̞͚̬̥̘̩.͓̼̥͕͕̗͉͍̣͊ͯ̊̓͊̿́͞.̨̹͕̣̠̼͓̜̩̭̔ͭ͢w̧̹͓ͪͪ̋͢h̶͖̰̥̻̤͖ͮ̈́͒̋ͬ̑ͦá̳̲̟̪͔̤̕͡t̸̴̛̺̜̼̫̉̂ ̤̫̞̳͛͗ͥ̄̀i͕̥͓̻̼͆ͨͩͬ̇͋̆ͪͨś̟̦̠̝͓̝̹͚ͥ͂͒ͯͅ ̛̙̒̐̓̈̎t̟̺͂̄̍ͩ͘͢h͇̗͍̣̳̞̜ͯͦ̉̒́̔ͦ͜i̪͈̗̺̳̱̋̄ͩͥͭ͊̀͠s̫̼͋ͣͣ̆ͩ̊ͤͬ͜.͆ͦ̓̏͒͏̜͎͎ ̨͚̪̬̫̗̹ͭ̅ͫͪ̇̈̆͝͝ͅP͖̱̼̣̪̱̭̈̏ͧ̍̍̀ả̵͊̐̌ͨ͆͌̚͢ͅt̴̸̻̖̰͙̫̝̦̃̊̋̅ͅc͓͙̰̝͙ͬͤ͠h̭͇͚̉͐̍ͧ̾ͦ͊͐̽e͕̦̜̠̞̤̾͋͒̉ͣ̿̎ͧs͉̖̳̥̼̓̌͗̎ͨ̓̋ͭ̇?̡̹̀̊ͣ

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 381