00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252893 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1305 on: March 29, 2020, 04:10:45 am »

"You're right, he seems happy, but something about it is making me uneasy.  Do you think this change is an improvement or a disaster waiting to happen?"
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 29, 2020, 04:20:57 am »

"Both. He's not itching for a reason to kill you, and finally seems to respect me." Emma shrugs, closing her eyes as she lays against you, seeming to take comfort in your presence, even as she helps you plot. "Play it by ear. William is still a feral dog. The only difference is you're just holding the chain now."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 29, 2020, 04:25:44 am »

"You don't— that is, you aren't... jealous, are you?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 29, 2020, 04:59:11 am »

"Why would I be jealous?" Emma asks, looking at you with a wry grin, "My girlfriend and my brother come back from battle having forged a literal unbreakable bond, one where my psychotic brother is now something more than human, and my girlfriend is commending him for bravery." Emma sits up, turning back to her food with a crooked grin that reminds you of William's.

"I'm more concerned than jealous if I'm being honest. William always took my toys growing up. I might have to undo all your hard work if he tries to continue that trend." She offers you some of her pancakes

[20] "You're all mine, my love." Emma continues, smiling as you give in and take a bite from the offered fork. "And I know nothing will change that. I'll make sure of it."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:01:11 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 29, 2020, 02:50:16 pm »

Heh, I considered a lot of possible words for this-- jokes and angst and everything in between. Probably best to just play things straight.

"You won't have to." (Smile.) "William's made himself into a subservient, an acolyte-- you're more than that. You'll always be more than that."

"I do have to figure out what to do with him, though. He's got the same voices in his brain now as I do, and they're whispering in his ear something fierce."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:56:18 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 29, 2020, 03:26:38 pm »

Your sure Emma is comforted by your words, judging by the kiss she gives you on the cheek, and the tight hug she embraces you with. This relationship stuff seems pretty easy.

"He's finally decided to kill Father, too." Emma adds, clearing her plate with one final scrape. "It's about damn time."

"Keep him on a leash and sic him on the people who deserve it." Emma finally opines. "Try to keep his crazy in check."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 29, 2020, 03:35:05 pm »

"Crazy... yes." Sigh; smirk. "I've some experience with this particular sort of crazy. We're lucky he's not trying to burn the world down or something."

"He told you about his plans, I'm glad. He asked me to help, said he'd put more power to the war effort if I did... I'm tempted. I'm tempted. I told him I'd be asking you first."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:41:30 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 29, 2020, 04:16:52 pm »

"Give it time." Emma pushes her plate aside and gives you a shrug. "He's the heir. I'm the spare. What he wants to do with that Family is up to him." She looks a little uncomfortable, and shrugs away her own uncertainty, "I won't lose any sleep if you decide to do it, Pheobe. William suffered a lot more at Father's hands than I did. He has a bone to pick."

"Just let him pull the trigger, is all I ask. I don't think I want to know my girlfriend killed my father on my brother's orders. That'll be too weird, even for me."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 29, 2020, 04:49:27 pm »

"I will.  Is there anyone employed by your father that you'd like me to spare?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 29, 2020, 05:05:32 pm »

"As many as possible." Emma raises her brow, then gives a shake of her head, "They're all family. If it's you or them, I prefer you...but I've grown up with a lot of them, and even if they follow my Father's orders, it's only because they're bound to it." She rises, and you do the same, following her to her office, "William isn't going to go in guns blazing, full assault. There's forms he has to obey. If father is smart, he'll step down. If he's stubborn and smart, he'll duel. If he's a fool--"

"Let's just hope that he isn't a fool."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 29, 2020, 05:38:37 pm »

"I suppose I just need to ask my superiors for permission.  Hopefully they'll understand that it will help the war effort."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 29, 2020, 05:41:44 pm »

"I understand. I understand."

---

"I'll tell William I expect a bloodless victory, or as close to it as possible-- with the state he's in, he should be willing to listen."

"I just need to ask my superiors for permission.  Hopefully they'll understand that it will help the war effort."

And say this.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 29, 2020, 05:42:24 pm »

---

"I'll tell William I expect a bloodless victory, or as close to it as possible-- with the state he's in, he should be willing to listen."

"I just need to ask my superiors for permission.  Hopefully they'll understand that it will help the war effort."

And say this.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 29, 2020, 06:04:57 pm »

---

And say this.
+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 29, 2020, 06:43:36 pm »

"Good." Emma murmurs, giving you a kiss. "I wouldn't worry about -that-." She steps into her office, and you follow, taking note of the organized desk. A packet of papers sits there. Requisitions, a bright pink denial slip, a counter-requisition, and a report on the Thornton Businessmen and how attending the funeral of their soldiers are required to maintain good relations with them. Finally, as you read through it, a letter from the Crusader General approving the visit.

[12] "I started a week ago when William first approached me about it." Emma brags, taking a seat at the desk and starting through some other paperwork. "I'd love for you to see where I grew up, anyway."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:49:44 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 381