00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252802 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1260 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:30 pm »

"No. The Hydrogen District has been fully reclaimed-- as for the defensive line..." Zachary shrugs, "We've been steadily losing ground for the last two months, but that's not news."

Zachary shrugs again. "I'm glad you're back Mother Alphira, and I'm sorry for your..." He gestures to your hand. "The Pontifex was listening in to the meetings of the Elders. They think that if you weren't there that the Holy City would be under assault from that...thing. By now. They hoped that destroying it would cause the Plague to cease, but it hasn't." He rises to his feet, "I must take my leave, if that's okay, Mother Alphira."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:20 pm »

"Of course.  Thank you, captain."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 28, 2020, 04:24:02 pm »

“One last question, was my armor reclaimed? Was it able to be repaired?”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:05 pm »

“One last question, was my armor reclaimed? Was it able to be repaired?”
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 28, 2020, 04:28:27 pm »

...they knew that thing was there.
They sent us to battle that thing on purpose.
I mean, I get why they sent us to battle that thing. Alphira's gonna be mad tho.

“One last question, was my armor reclaimed?”

+1

No need to ask about repairs-- recall, these people can't work VOID steel. I imagine Lucille will patch herself once we've the nutrition stored to feed her repairs.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 28, 2020, 04:32:23 pm »

"It is at the Armorer's, after..." Zachary briefly looks confused as he tries to explain. "Emma...had to talk it off of you? We couldn't prise it off to get to your wounds. Emma had to explain the situation to...you? It? She addressed it...Lucille? Told it Sadil was in good hands now, and that it was hindering your recovery. I...I don't know. Your angel [magic, superstition, primitive science] is something I don't try to understand. We recovered the glove that...was on your hand, as well."

"McFee took charge of...polishing it, and repairing your underlay. Said she couldn't do anything for the damages. Said you'd handle it if you woke up."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:34:00 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 28, 2020, 04:33:39 pm »

...they knew that thing was there.
They sent us to battle that thing on purpose.
I mean, I get why they sent us to battle that thing. Alphira's gonna be mad tho.

“One last question, was my armor reclaimed?”

+1

No need to ask about repairs-- recall, these people can't work VOID steel. I imagine Lucille will patch herself once we've the nutrition stored to feed her repairs.
oh yeah, I somehow forgot about that, +1 to this sans repair question

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 28, 2020, 04:39:10 pm »

"Thank you.  I will see to it later.  For now, I must rest."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:24 pm »

"Thank you.  I will see to it later.  For now, I must rest."

+1

Relax. Wait on Emma's waking. After two days of fire and death... this is nice.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 28, 2020, 04:59:19 pm »

I hope it's okay if I do the healing surge now.

Zachary bows at the hips and puts his cap back on, heading out, and you wait a moment. You stay seated channeling your willpower into your hand- visualizing it.

[17][11][12] The pain doubles you over, and you grit your teeth not to scream. You peel away the bandage quickly as blood begins to drip from the stump. Then, blackness begins to worm its way from your stump, a dusty gas that surrounds where your hand used to be. It starts to take shape into the bones of your missing hand, condensing. Then, from it, the white bone begins to grow around the black, shifting, dusty material, sealing some of it away beneath a coating. The cloud produces muscle and nerve that creep across the bone from your stump. Then, in much the same way, veins begin to pump blood to it. Finally, fresh, pink skin emerges, and the dust falls to the floor, inert. It evaporates into the air quickly after that.

You're left there, curled in pain and hungry. You are slow to rise, heading back to the cart to devour more food. Your side still vaguely aches, so you don't think you healed everything. However, with the pain from regrowing a -hand- still fresh in your mind, you snuggle up to Emma, drifting off back to sleep.

William and Silas wake you up a few hours later, and you notice Emma's warmth is gone from the bed. You look over William, about to complain, only to stop when you look at him. His face has changed. looking more androgenous, some of his masculinity smoothed off.  He seems roughly the same height as you now, being shorter before. But what really catches your eye are his. They're a bright, electric blue...and is that red coming in patches in at his blond roots?

A number of emotions shift across his face rapidly when you awaken. Anger. Fear. Respect...and the most surprising is eventually deference. "Ph--..." He hesitates. You don't think you've ever seen him hesitate. "Alphira?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 28, 2020, 05:02:59 pm »

"I'm sorry, Billy.  It was the only way to save your life.  I hope you will adjust to it in time."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 28, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »

Oh good, we can regrow limbs. I wasn't quite sure for awhile.

"Phoebe. Alphira's... watching."
"William-- did I-- are you--?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 28, 2020, 05:19:53 pm »

Before William can even speak, Silas interrupts him, "His white blood cells are being replaced by your...unique ones. He's displaying changes that make him look similar to you. After studying McCreary, I'm sure you won't look too similar, more like [dizygotic] twins."

Silas nods, smiling widely like a kid in a candy store. William looks a little more uncomfortable, rubbing at his head. "She...you're in here...too." He explains, awkwardly. "I'm just going to ignore them." He finally states, rubbing at his face with a gloved hand, "It seems easier than having to deal with listening to them."

"I'm sorry, Billy.  It was the only way to save your lif--"

"Don't apologize. By the medic's accounts...I would be dead right now. I died several times, but eventually stabilized after...the transfusion. The thing I'm most concerned about...is how to tell my dad...that the Thornton line might die out."

You look confused, raising a brow. William looks embarrassed, glancing to Silas, who explains, gently, "Whatever this...process is, it makes you sterile." William winces and flushes, rubbing at the back of his head and rising to his feet with a clank of limbs.

"My prostheses aren't coming off anymore, either." He peels away a glove, to reveal the dark black metal beneath. "They put them on when I was first admitted to have better holds while moving me, and when I woke up I realized I couldn't remove them anymore." He walks over to the wall, pacing, for once, there's no smile on his face. "They're stronger, too. I don't think I'm stronger than you, though. Maybe more durable..." Finally, he snaps, "Oh shut up!"

He flushes again, glancing to you, "I always thought you were nuts. I see why."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 28, 2020, 05:24:27 pm »

"Good grief, I gave you her? There's no apology I could make for that."

klonk
Sigtext