00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253111 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #720 on: March 16, 2020, 03:22:10 am »

In your other hand, you realize, is a shimmering dagger of glass, stained with blood. "You killed the guard with that." Emma quietly offers your role, "But not before blacking out and unleashing a firestorm to protect me."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 16, 2020, 03:23:20 am »

Right, that's the cover story.  But that isn't what actually transpired.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 16, 2020, 03:30:16 am »

...how'd we wind up clutching a perfectly-formed shard of blood-stained glass then? Am I missing something here?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 16, 2020, 03:31:58 am »

It's a glass dagger rather than a shard of glass, I believe.  Someone probably put it in our hand while we were dead to the world.  Note that Emma says that that's our "role" to play, and it's placed just after the cover story that the Pontifex is telling to the guards.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:50:59 am by ZBridges »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:57 am »

To clear it up: how many deaths were there, and what were the causes of these deaths?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 16, 2020, 04:11:07 am »

One death, former guard, shot in the head by The Pontifex after said guard seized Emma. Possible containment protocol.

[20]After shaking yourself out of it, Emma lifts you to your feet, and she catches you staring at the dagger with a mild sense of confusion. With a slow glance around, she explains in a gentle whisper, "You...you made that from the glass you shattered." She explains, softly, moving to gently take it from your hand. "The Pontifex took it from you when you were all...weird, stabbed the body and handed it back."

"Apparently you having weapons not given to you breaks 'containment'. That's what he said. Unless it was in self-defense...he didn't want to explain more."

An impulse strikes you, and you turn away from the officers and Pontifex. The equation is fresh in your mind. You can do this, you can do this...and you do.

There's no light show, no fancy effects---the dagger simply begins to shift, coiling in around itself, the blood dripping off to the ground.

Within your hands by the end of it is a glass flower, that besides the lack of color, looks exactly like the ones from the fallow spring fields at the Academy. You hesitate, before handing it to Emma, suddenly sheepish. A mantra begins to dig itself into your brain, some old survival technique.

I'm not Alphira. You repeat this to yourself as the two of you set off. You're quiet, at first, but eventually, the two of you chat a little about what happened. It isn't a comfortable talk, but it clears the air. The walk is indeed lovely and calming, and your mind drifts into relaxation. You both drink when you arrive at the restaurant, your guard surreptitiously seated one table away, where she actually takes off the kevlar and pretends to enjoy herself.

Her rifle isn't that far away.

[18]But what's important is that you and Emma genuinely enjoy yourself, and, true to what she says, you have to take a swish of wine before you can kiss her.

When you arrive back at your compound, Emma is an adorable mess, bragging about the flower to the guard, who listens in stoic patience.

Mother Nicole is the first one that greets you, wrapping you in a tight hug that threatens to break bones. "Pheobe, I'm so sorry--- I thought he could be trusted-- I don't understand why he would...Pheobe, please, I'm sorry."

[15] "Mother Nicole...we would just like to relax together if that's okay?" Emma asks, saving you from further questions, continuing, gently, "It wasn't your fault. You did everything right."

She lets you go with an awkward tousle of your hair, content for the moment to let you rest.

You lay in bed. Emma sleeps next to you, still dressed, having fallen asleep the moment her head hit the pillow, and you're left alone with your thoughts.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:30:47 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 16, 2020, 04:15:56 am »

That's a pleasant way to pass the rest of the day.  We got confirmation that we didn't hurt anyone, just broke the glass case, so we should take that into account when negotiating with Alphira.

Thanks for your help earlier.  Can we talk about when and how you should have control?  That's something that I think we should consider.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 16, 2020, 04:48:51 am »

That's a pleasant way to pass the rest of the day.  We got confirmation that we didn't hurt anyone, just broke the glass case, so we should take that into account when negotiating with Alphira.

Thanks for your help earlier.  Can we talk about when and how you should have control?  That's something that I think we should consider.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2020, 05:07:52 am »

Should it? I didn't kill anybody--it was your guard's fault he got twitchy. The anger sears to the surface burning with indignation. You sigh, and leave the bed, taking a calming walk towards the empty training room. You sit down on the bench and adjust your boots.

I'm keeping my word here, Patches, and you're the one who keeps coming to me with questions. I'm content to sleep my days away until the...VOID lets me take full control.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 16, 2020, 05:12:17 am »

Sure, and I'll keep my word as well, but you can't do that if we're dead.  The more you help us in tight situations, the greater the likelihood that you'll actually see the day that you take full control.  Think of it like an investment.

Similarly, if we fight with each other for control, we'll end up where we were last time, nearly dead.  If we can iron this out, we won't risk damaging the body beyond repair.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:19:01 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 16, 2020, 06:22:18 am »

Sure, and I'll keep my word as well, but you can't do that if we're dead.  The more you help us in tight situations, the greater the likelihood that you'll actually see the day that you take full control.  Think of it like an investment.

Similarly, if we fight with each other for control, we'll end up where we were last time, nearly dead.  If we can iron this out, we won't risk damaging the body beyond repair.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 16, 2020, 06:32:07 am »

How about this then, stop calling on me until you need me! I'm not a dog, I'm not a slave. If you want me, then you should ask me. I'll even ignore those pissants who keep using my name, how about that? You begin to jog around the track, feeling increasingly awkward during your mental conversations. You're concerned you're insane, but everything is too logical, too orderly to be insanity. You think.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 16, 2020, 12:37:32 pm »

Understood, I’m sorry about that

What do we say to the angel? Anything?
((I put light blue text to indicate that if we talk to the angel in us, that can be the color we use))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 16, 2020, 01:36:35 pm »

Aw man we didn't kill anybody. That's... a tremendous relief.

What do we say to the angel? Anything?
((I put light blue text to indicate that if we talk to the angel in us, that can be the color we use))

I'm not sure we have an "angelic" alter ego. We've got VOID and Alphira, and that's all I've seen.
If we do wind up talking to VOID, I'd be inclined to use z̴̥̳̚ả̶͔̦̓l̴̤̃̉g̴̛̪̭̔ọ̵̚ text for the purpose-- but we'll figure that out when the time comes.

Understood, I’m sorry about that

+1

Look... I was scared of what you might have done when I wasn't watching, but you really were magnificent back there. You say you can make a god of us? I'm listening.

Just, please... don't shatter the life we've made for ourselves here. I need this.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:05:09 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 16, 2020, 01:46:12 pm »

I think she was referring to the VOID.  It might be interesting to get its opinion on this.

D̶̼̫̝̪͈̙̘̥͇̊̆̂͜ǫ̸̯̅͂͊̑̆̿́̅̅̚͝ ̶̡̧̦̦͉̣̞̯̝̥͙̱̗̏̾͑̎͛̔̕͝y̴̨̛̛̭͓͚͈̭̍̈́̎̈́̆̏̆̿͑́͐͗̓̍ơ̷̧̤̗͍̍͜ú̵̯̼̥̊͊̋̔̿͆́̾͂́̈́̉̇͗̽͘ ̷̡̰̪̬̖͙͕̝̯̪͔͉̣̻̔̀́̾ḩ̷͕̯͈̞̠͈̺̌ḁ̷̫͇̜͎̼̽͌͊̈́̋̐̈̚v̷̨͇̻̭͇̊͊̇̀̀̌̏̈̄̂̀̑͝͝é̴͚̪̦͔̬̓̑̓̋͂͝͝ ̷̡͈̟͕͍̰̑̇̓̃̉ẫ̶͈̑͆͛͑̋̋̇̀̇̕͘̕͜͝n̷̨̢̺̜͚̮͎͚̥͓͕̳̿̅͠ͅy̷͍̮͍̠̱̠̰̩̩͍̟͐͊t̵͉̮̪̔̎̈̄̈́̅h̸̪̪̠̘̩̭̤̀̽̐͊͜ị̷̧̤͓̞͍̯̤̤̭͍̞̾̅̈́͒͋̔͋́̔͜n̷͚̜̩͇̲̂͑̄̀̅͐͝g̸͙̪̥͖͋̾̀̄̔́̂̐́̄͋̏̏̕͝ ̸̛͈̫̘̙̮̺͖̰͚͆̽̉̓̇̓̒̏̃̌̓̍̈ͅt̷͈̗̞̤͈̗̪͉͆̀͒̿͜ớ̵̘̞͓͆̅̉̐̓͑̋̑̀̅̑̾̍ ̸̛̗̱͓͕̳̼͉̣̩̠̘̓́̇͐̈́̊́̂̄̊̊̇͘͘a̸̡̡̨̩̼̝̥̼̰͈̥̫͉̰̥̘͝d̴̡̠̦̳͎͉͔̜͔̼̠̘͈̱̥̆̂̈́̃ͅd̴̢̻̘̞͍̙̯̞̾͒̀̋̑̿̄̓͝͝?̴̘͖͚̝̹̲͌̓̇̋̃̆̋̂͋̚̚͝͝͠
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 381