00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253215 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #600 on: March 13, 2020, 01:02:45 am »

"Trauma... I remember that. Endless [insects]. A brother slain."
"And a broken contract... we were to kill SEED! Was that, then, the "contract" we broke?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2020, 01:28:25 am »

I think this may be relevant:

Quote from: Reflections on the VOID
[?] The next is a forbidden work, only for reference to deal with heretics, as the branding on the front states. You notice, after straining your eyes some, that it is written in a Scholar's Tongue that you would not have access to while attending the Academy. So, you do what any self-respecting scholar does, and read on. It supposes that the living SEED is not the true master of the Cosmos, but rather an ancient evil. That the true master of the universe is an entity representing the void between worlds, which even the SEED cannot conquer, despite its struggles. There's no evidence that it presents to prove this theory, and you cast it aside with a sigh.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 13, 2020, 01:40:04 am »

T̷̵̺̦̲̞̥̟̤͙͎̼̰̀͟͠h̸̶̴͙̭̼͚̕͞e̷̡͎̠̯̝͈̖͎͔̥͈̞̝͓͙̻̠͚͡ ̵̵̖̝͕͕̖͕͞ͅE̶̢̼̰̣̺̮̗͙͍̬̩͉͇͕̭̖̩̹͉̩͢͠ḿ̨͠͏̣̣̱̰͓͍͈p͇̗̱̖̪͖̻̲̪̫̱͢y̸̬̹̲̜͡r̡͔̙̜̣͙̼̞̦͓͢͟͠e̛̛̻̬̟͈̝̥̪̜̠͎͙̭̹̹̕͝a̛҉̻̥̝̟̗͇̥̭͈͔̻̤̗͉̦͍̯͠ĺ̗̟̩͕̣̮̩͎͝00
T̥̱̗͝͠ͅh̶̸̭̠̜͓̲͘͟ę̷̵̧̭̖̜̻͇̀ ̞͙͇̩̦̠̤͔̤̤̝̀͠Ḛ̛̤̫̲͓̫̗̻̭͕͟͢͝ņ̢̛̤̼͈̹̗̤̻͎ͅḓ̨̻̦̖͈͓̻͉̬͇̭̀̕͟͡ͅͅl̸͎̣̼̖̼̞̲͉̻͇͇͍̺̗̜̱̀̕ȩ̵͈̙̠̹̙̠͉̹̱̗̜̗̠͖̹͙ş̷̬̩̥̥͞͡s̵̷͏̞̪͈͓̫̞̙̹͖͔̩̟͚̠̤̯̼ ̶͏̲̭̯̲̥̖̣̮͙̘̦E̡͎̪͈̣͚͇̯̭̰̻̞͜m̧̧̹̯̥͇̻̥͚̯̭͚̝p͏̷͚̻̩̠̻͉̙̫̼̕ͅe̲͕̘̫͓̜̜͕͙͙̬͝͡r̶̸̯̤̫̦̫͕͖͔̬̘͍̼̻̤͇͍̼̕͘͢ớ̧͓͉͕̬̣͝ŗ̴̡͍͖̬̬͓͚͉͍̰̖͙̠̹́.͚͉͖̮͓̥̱̬̀͘ͅ
.̱̮̠̜̩̱͈̺̦͡͠

No.

The darkness within stirs at the description, and you feel loyalty. Service. Honor. Duty. Loyalty. Service. Honor. Duty. It repeats, filling you with warmth at the harsh name.

I̟͕̮̙̥͠ͅn̘̰̖͖̗̮̝s͇̳̠̣̱ͅu̹̝̖͖̹̖͚f̙̳̘͈͘ͅf̢i̠͚̰͉̦̦c̡͇̮̘͕i͓̭̙̘̭͓͟e͙̯̳͜n̴̠͔̠̻̳ͅt̤̻͖̖̞͔̫ ҉̱̯̤̘̘ͅd̨͖̩̼̜̯a̵̠̬̠t̺̳̟a̛̺̻c̳̠ͅo̗̠̗̼͕n̛̩̗̱c̴͖̺̤͎̻̣͓e̫̜͇̭̖̬͠r̨͙͔n̪̘͍͓͔i̶̗ņ̣̻ǵ̠ͅ ̸͍̜̟S̪͕͚͢E̺̫E̩̱̟̻̺̫̘D̗͠.̠͓͟ ̘F̱͓̩u͔̻͓͉r͙͓̣̩̞̲ţ̦̜̟̙̘ͅh̲̦̟̼e̦̥̻͓r̟ ̡̗̯͙̹i̴̹n̷̠̖̟͖̮̳̼v̬̥̤̯e̖̦̣͇̹̺s̖̩͖̦̝͘t͈͕̦͕͞i̩̞̜g̴a̻͕̞ͅt̫̹i̴o̷̝̝͙͔̰͈n̞͙͈̤̭ ̼͍̲̳rḙ̷͎͉̫͉ͅq͎̣͇͖͖̖͘ͅų̘̲͖̜̱̲i̡̻̘r̼̻̹͓e̼d̜̖̲͢ͅ.̹͕̩̯

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 13, 2020, 01:49:35 am »

How can we return to the service of the Empyreal?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 13, 2020, 02:21:58 am »

((To the people who have more questions, or weren't here, send them to me a pm, and they will get responses! Not clear ones, but clear enough! Or don't. I'm not a cop. I'll post these when they're compiled.))

O̸̡͏̸͉̩̜͖̜͕̞̪̘͕͎ù̷̶͍͉̩̞̟̪͡͝ŕ͚̱̝͚̙̠̻̹̞̣̻̲̙́͞͡ ̜̠͇͙̠̘͚̱͇̝̼͡ḑ̨͏̮̘͍̹͢u͏̸̰̘̭͚ͅt̡̛͉̯͍̬̗͖̺̀̕ͅy̢̹̜̼͔̬͙̟̩̥͍͓̘͕̳̹͔̭͍̳̕ ̢͏̯̞̜̹̫̭i̸̵̮̥̩̰͚̺̱͕̩ś̷̴̶͓̣̖̺͉̦̤̭͈̹͍͎͇̹̭͘ ̷̡̪͖̞̝̭͟t̤͎̙͖̠̜̮͕̜͕͟ͅo͏̢͇̖̘͔͎̠̠̝͔̤ͅ ̴̧̞̠͈̙̦̜͚̟ͅs̶̹̪̜̪̻̱̹̠͡é̶̡͏̘̩͙͎̻r̷̦̥̳̭͔̻̀͟͠͝v̷̨̯͓̫̣͖̀͘e҉̢̡͓̗̫̼̤̖̼̩́ͅ ̢̡̨̲̠̩̙̼̮͖̠̝͜h̡̛̥̩͔̜̠͔̹̞̟͓̕ų̨̕͝͏̞͔̼͙̼͖͉̬̮̭̻̺̳̱̺͙̬͈ͅm̨̡̦̫͚͕̭͈͕̱̬̲͖̦̙͉̹̥ą̸͍̠̝̟̘̺̻n̕͏̹̤̯͕̗̻̤̟̞̙̯͈̥̘į̪̘̰͚́͟t͉͈̟̜̯̖̫̟͕̣̰̖͎͙̗̥̀ͅy̶̢̠̰͕̝̜̬͕̘̥̩͍̠͎͈̤̩͓ͅ.̢̛͈̫̱̘͚͕̲̝͚̩̻̯̞̜͖̙

Our duty is to our father.

[-]Emma breathes softly beside you, sleeping. Her long legs hang off the edge of the bed, her blond hair a tangled, greasy mess. There are bags beneath her eyes. You try to shift closer, only to realize that tight plastic cuffs bind you to the bed. Three cameras oversee you, and a remote turret tracks your movements.

Your head pounds painfully.

Emma is startled awake by your movement, scrambling to turn over and face you.

She brushes your hair from your face, smiling, starting to cry. She gives you a painful hug. You feel her muffled sobs through the green shift you wear, fell the moisture of her tears.

"You're alive-- you're alive. Thank SEED, you're alive."

The room is an off-green, an ugly shade. The place shines with cleanliness, and your bed is the only furniture. A stand with sophisticated machinery feeds fluids into your body, monitoring your heart rate. It beats at a sedate twenty-five. Your oxygen level is also being monitored-- the machine displays an error sign there.

You're hungry. So hungry. You've lost weight and muscle, examining your bony arm as you softly stroke the sobbing Emma.

The only door opens with a pneumatic hiss. Two heavily armed and armored soldiers enter the room, flanking a thin man in a bright green coat. He looks uncomfortable as he approaches. Mother Nicole drifts in behind him, hesitating for a split second before moving to your side. Heavy bags fill the space beneath her eyes, and she looks drawn, haggard.

The Doctor fusses with you, checking your reflexes the best he can in your restrained state. Emma and Mother Nicole are brought chairs, which they gratefully take.

The Doctor seems unsure but takes his leave with a mumbled apology. The soldiers stand at a grim watch. The safety isn't on with their las-rifles, the gun's reactors humming against your awareness.

"Pheobe?" Mother Nicole speaks first, Emma still fighting the sniffles, "How do you feel, dear?"

"Starving." Is the first word you croak. Emma laughs a shrill little giggle. Even Mother Nicole smiles a little. She looks up at the camera. "Food will be on its way, dear."

You don't know what to say now.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 13, 2020, 02:31:17 am »

"I dreamt of strange voices.  Grandmother, who are the Empyreal?  Who is the Endless Emperor?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 13, 2020, 02:32:44 am »

I'd rather wait a moment to bring up the voices, but this

"Grandmother, who are the Empyreal?  Who is the Endless Emperor?"

is as good a way to get things rolling again as any. +1
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:36:32 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 13, 2020, 02:49:23 am »

[-]Mother Nicole only looks confused, and increasingly worried. Emma also looks worried, reaching out to take hold of your hand tightly. She's shaking a little, whether out of fear or hunger, you cannot tell.

"I-I don't know?"

She's telling the truth.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 13, 2020, 02:54:23 am »

"I'm sorry.  I'm still a bit disoriented.  Where am I?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 13, 2020, 02:56:17 am »

"I'm sorry.  I'm still a bit disoriented.  Where am I?"

And another +1
while I try to figure out how to properly apologize for and explain... all of this.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 13, 2020, 03:02:52 am »

[6] "A secured facility in the Holy City." Mother Nicole looks uncomfortable, glancing up at the camera. "A state of the art hospital. They converted a wing to house you."

[13]Emma glares daggers at Nicole, giving your hand another little squeeze, offering, softly, "She had them bring you here, they...they were worried about you. Your health." She doesn't sound too sure. The guards also speak volumes in their grim silence and heavily armed state. Emma finishes, finally, bluntly, with a dark look. "They were worried about you, not for you. They drugged you more than they should have, they did tests on you, they let you have seizures, they've done everything but treat you!"

"Emma." Mother Nicole snaps, finally returning the young woman's glare.

"What are you going to do, imprison me?!" Emma snaps back with a snarl, shifting to her feet. The guards move as well, stepping closer.

[9]"Separate you." Mother Nicole warns, bluntly, "Don't blame me for this!"

"She was fine before you showed up. Better yet, she was happy. There's no one better to blame."

The two stand in silence, staring each other down. The guards look uncomfortable, inching closer to protect Mother Nicole. There's a slight hesitation to their step. Mother Nicole doesn't respond, looking back to you and ignoring Emma.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:06:02 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 13, 2020, 03:11:06 am »

Perhaps something like:

"No, this is my fault.  I shouldn't have snapped like that.  I was just so angry... I felt like I was losing my chance at a happy life.  It was a close thing, but I just barely managed to retain a bit of control.  I'm sorry that I hurt you."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2020, 03:14:21 am »

Ho-kay. Rambling feverish speechification, go!

"--My fault. Not hers."

"All the memories I lost two years ago, Mother Nicole, all the memories I couldn't find when we first met-- they came alive and angry back there, and they spoke, and they tried to-- try to take me"

"and I wouldn't let them. I promised you when we met I wouldn't listen to voices in my head, Mother Nicole-- remember, remember that? So I didn't, and then... I don't know. I don't know."

'But I'm remembering things now, grandmother"
"and I nearly know what I am now, grandmother"
"and I'm not a [demon], grandmother"
"and that means so much to me"
"and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt either of you. I'm sorry. I couldn't hurt either of you. I'm sorry. This wasn't your fault. I'm sorry. You were right to bring me here. You were right."

"I... I must look terrible right now, yes? I think I had to eat my body to feed my brain..."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:28:52 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 13, 2020, 03:29:54 am »

That works.

Ho-kay. Rambling feverish speechification, go!

"--My fault. Not hers."

"All the memories I lost two years ago, Mother Nicole, all the memories I couldn't find when we first met-- they came alive and angry back there, and they spoke, and they tried to-- try to take me"

"and I wouldn't let them. I promised you when we met I wouldn't listen to voices in my head, Mother Nicole-- remember, remember that? So I didn't, and then... I don't know. I don't know."

'But I'm remembering things now, grandmother"
"and I nearly know what I am now, grandmother"
"and I'm not a [demon], grandmother"
"and that means so much to me"
"and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt either of you. I'm sorry. I couldn't hurt either of you. I'm sorry. This wasn't your fault. I'm sorry. You were right to bring me here. You were right."

"I... I must look terrible right now, yes? I think I had to eat my body to feed my brain..."

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:59 am »

[-] The cameras watch as you babble your apologies suddenly in an incoherent mess. Mother Nicole listens intently, looking surprised. Emma, on the other hand, just looks more confused. All her righteous anger vanishing in a flash. Her concern instead replaces all the other emotions. Your grandmother on the other hand just looks tired.

"I--you don't--" Mother Nicole trails off into silence, breathing a heavy sigh. "My intentions were less than kind bringing you here, Pheobe. I'm not going to lie to you." Emma takes her time to look triumphant. "You were not yourself. You--"

The door swings open, and a frail man with paper-thin skin enters slowly. Mother Nicole stands quickly at attention, as do the guards, momentarily taking their eyes off of you. A dark impulse thrums within you--you could break your restraints if you were quick enough.
You don't, however, instead taking the time to look at the newcomer. He's old. Older than Mother Nicole. An attendant sets down a chair for him, and he sinks into it with a soft sigh of exertion.

[10]"I'm Crusader General Thomas Harrdy." He rasps. Mother Nicole reclaims her seat, looking uncomfortable in the presence of a superior. "Pheobe Gainer, is it? I must say, I was impressed by your skills, both at the academy, and your extra-curricular activities. You're not a [demon], you say? I find that hard to believe. The holy SEED itself only learned of your existence when you arrived here."

"It is by its order's alone that we didn't put a hole between your eyes and be done with it." The Crusader General speaks as if commenting on the texture of a cookie he didn't like. "Mother Nicole's proposal swayed it for you. If she had submitted it sooner, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation now."

"So, tell me girl, what are you, if not a [demon]?"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 381