00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 242496 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #285 on: February 29, 2020, 08:04:14 pm »

Fair enough.  She could very well be a willing participant and a major crime figure.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2020, 12:00:03 am »

"...The father. The father, I will kill. Not the wife. Not the child. I've done some killing lately, but I'll not have innocent blood on my hands."

"You want to do me a favor for helping your sister with those goons last night? Raise the child. Give him the Thornton name in my place, and take him for your own. A life for a life. He'll serve as a hostage if need be, and I'll kill him myself if he ever raises a hand against you.

[2] William stares at you, surprised and shocked by your reluctance. Then, he laughs. "Okay." He agrees, rapping on the table with his knuckles, laughing, "I'll raise him. I'll give him all the training a young Thornton gets. I'll be the person he looks up to the most in this world—the one he respects and loves. I'll give you plenty of time to bond and make friends with him, too. Then, when he turns sixteen or seventeen, I'll put a pistol in his hands and tell him who killed -both- of his parents. His cousins, the people who would have raised him." The smile is gone in a flash. "You. You'll take the blame for this whole operation in his mind."

"I'll wager he tries to kill you-- and fails. And you'll gun him down to survive. You seem to wager that he'll appreciate being left alive enough to forgive you. So, yeah, I'll take that wager with those odds. Will you?"

He slumps back in his chair, drawing two auto-syringes from his belt and tossing them on the table towards you. "The woman dies with her husband, and I'll take the baby in. Unless you decide you don't want to deal with that trouble. If the mother lives, and the child lives with her, this becomes incredibly complicated. My father will get involved. He doesn't have my kindness and sympathy."

"And hey, if the kid dies, well, that's one less problem -you- have to worry about down the line."

The server brings out the collection of freshly cut [fruit] and cheeses, three plates, one for each of you. Emma looks at it morosely, silently, before resuming her watch on you with a worried look on her face.

"I don't want him dead because I like killing children, Pheobe, Emma. I want him dead because babies grow up, and orphans are full of resentment."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:25:31 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2020, 12:22:01 am »

I can live with that, but it may damage our relationship with Emma beyond hope of repair.  My tentative inclination is to take the job.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2020, 12:24:25 am »

Sigh. "Deal. If that's what it takes to keep the child alive... then so be it. He'll have his choice when the time comes."

"Now, care to explain to me the nature of these syringes here?"

This compromise of ours stinks, and it's gonna mess up our life something awful down the road, but it's the only way I can see right now to escape this affair in relative safety and with a relatively clean conscience. The mother's probably got no hand in this, so that's gonna be straight-up terrible, but... a life for a life, yes?  :-\
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:39:52 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2020, 12:44:21 am »

At least we're saving the child.  If we didn't intervene, they would probably all have died when he leveled the place.  I guess we can take some solace in that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:15:28 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2020, 04:23:05 am »

I can live with that, but it may damage our relationship with Emma beyond hope of repair.  My tentative inclination is to take the job.
completely. All must die

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2020, 04:26:31 am »

You seem pretty committed to killing the baby.  May I ask why?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2020, 04:31:51 am »

Thornton mentioned the results. Leaving the enemy alive will not help

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2020, 08:48:30 am »

Aw great, we’re gonna go create Batman now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2020, 01:28:19 pm »

Changed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:22:28 pm by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2020, 01:43:17 pm »

Thornton mentioned the results. Leaving the enemy alive will not help

It's not "the enemy". It's a baby. If the kid wants to get himself killed trying to avenge his relatives when he grows up, fine-- but he deserves to have that choice.

If we take this job in its entirety, our noble little [demon] becomes a [demon] in earnest. We wind up a Thornton of the nastiest kind, one more family figure for our friend to fear. I can't support that, not if we have anything resembling a viable alternative; hence, the compromise.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:04:33 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2020, 02:23:14 pm »

Fine don't kill the baby.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2020, 04:25:43 pm »

hehehehehe. I support you either way.

"It's called Ballistic. I'm sure the Scholars and our lab-rats have a technical name for it, but they're not in charge of selling it." He turns one of the auto-syringes over in his hands, the light catching the clear liquid within. The auto-injector is cheap plastic, little more than housing for the syringe. "It's a combat stimulant we designed. We're in the final phases of testing it before we ask Mother Nicole to let us sell to SEED. It takes about two minutes to take effect, we find. Minimal side effects."

Gem, you assume William's second, finishes her meal and approaches the table with a heavy vest and a battle-rifle. She drops them down for you, pulling three spare rifle magazines from her kit to set on the table. William draws a crudely drawn map from the folder, gesturing to a corner of the compound. "Before you do anything, I need you to disable the AA cannon on the eastern side of the compound. It will be under heavy guard. After that, we'll provide air-support until you are a safe distance away. Then we'll level the place, swing around, and pick you up."

[8] You notice they don't have any intel on the inside of the building, or on the specifics of the compound itself. Just on general distances, but, you familiarize yourself with the information as best you can. The map does have distinct buildings labeled, such as the Villa, various outbuildings, the generator room, etc. Committing them to memory, you ask very few questions. Something, however, catches your eye, a building labeled 'lab.'

[12] When you ask William about it, he changes the subject evasively. "I recommend taking a det-pack from the hover-craft for the cannon. It won't do any good if someone climbs back on it again. We'll give you a flaregun so you can signal us. However, you do it is up to you, don't forget to use that flare."

"If you die, or are heavily injured, try to find cover before five in the morning. That's your time limit. Any questions? If not, we should get ready to go."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2020, 04:47:52 pm »

"Yeah, I'll be sure to find cover if I die." (Smirk a little.) "No questions. Let's do this."

Grab the syringes and gear. Don the vest.

I've probably forgotten something worth asking folks, so do chip in if anything comes to mind!  :-X

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2020, 05:04:27 pm »

"Yeah, I'll be sure to find cover if I die." (Smirk a little.) "No questions. Let's do this."

Grab the syringes and gear. Don the vest.

I've probably forgotten something worth asking folks, so do chip in if anything comes to mind!  :-X
+1.  Nothing comes to mind at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 381