00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251592 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2020, 11:29:26 am »

We're hurt, bad. If ever there was a time to be more than human, this is it.

Call to mind the power we put through our pistol when first we woke, and channel that power through our broken back. We've shown ourselves able to recover from horrible injury in past-- now we must accelerate the process, and knit swiftly our ruined flesh.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2020, 11:31:49 am »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:40:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2020, 03:16:31 pm »

Is that really necessary at the moment?  We just rolled out of the way of an attack, so our mobility doesn't seem to be impaired.  We should deal with our enemies before seeing to our wounds.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:35:36 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2020, 05:30:04 pm »

[17][19] Rising, slowly, keeping out of sight of the door, you knock the fallen pistol of your foe to Emma. She takes one look at it, and snatches it up.  She takes a few potshots at the doorway-- you notice she's literally shooting the doorway, instead of out of it. Somebody speaks, but you don't hear.

[18 vs 12]Instead, you turn out the back door, into the cold night air. And bump into another Kidnapper. He blinks. You shoot. He falls back, a new hole in his chest steaming blood.

[3] [5 vs 15]Another Kidnapper moves into sight, noticing you before you notice him. He lifts his gun and you feel a hard punch to your chest as the bullet connects with an armor plate. A few more whiz overhead, beside you, as he empties his magazine.

[20 vs 17] He dives to the ground as you lift your las-gun, but you expected that, and shoot him twice as he goes prone.

[9-4] As you get to the end of the alley, you use the wall as cover, leveling your las-gun at the doorway-- there's no one there. The Greatcoated Kidnapper is running away from you. Las-gun fire still peppers the doorway in sporadic bursts, as Emma provides cover the best she can.

[1/1d2] Bloodlust burns in your veins as you lift your pistol and take aim. With careful precision, you neatly leave the man's leg a bloody mess, and he falls to the paved road with a cry.

[20] Now free to concern yourself with your injuries, you reach around, feeling the edges of the gaping hole in your back. You finally notice the trail of blood you've left behind you. Your right arm is hard to handle, and you notice a slight delay as your mind routes commands through more intact parts of your body. You're badly injured, there's muscle damage, to be sure, maybe even a broken rib. But, you breath, and begin to focus on it, on trying to knit your body back together through sheer will alone.

For a second, nothing happens. Then the pain returns, knocking you to your knees. It pulses with every heartbeat, and you feel your consciousness fading. Emma slowly emerges from the empty building, rushing to your side. She holds you up as you fight through the shock.

[10]Then its nothing more than a dull ache. Your nose is bleeding again, more of that clotted, dark, old blood. It doesn't stop as quickly this time. Emma seems horrified when you lift yourself to your feet with her assistance.

"You-your back--how..." She begins, but is interrupted by the sobbing of the kidnapper down the road.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:37:10 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »

Interrogate the remaining kidnapper.  Attempt to determine who he was sent by, where that person is, and why someone wants Emma kidnapped.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2020, 06:01:59 pm »

[17-5] You walk towards the injured man, and he looks up at you, trying to lift his pistol to take another shot. Tears run down his face, his hands shake with fear and pain.

[2-5 vs. NO CONTEST] The shot goes wide, over your head. You pull the trigger and mulch his wrist. He screams in pain, curling up around it. You press your pistol to his spine, leaning down over him. "Tell me everything."

[18-6 vs. 8+1] "Fuck you." He spits, still taking deep, ragged sobs of pain.

[20] "Emma, look away." You sigh. With careful hands and practiced movements, you peel away the coolant housing of your las-pistol, firing two shots into the ground that turns the element red. The Kidnapper takes one look at the red-hot weapon and begins to babble everything, his resistance fading. You bet he's seen this before. Brother Hop sure knows his stuff. You reassemble the housing with deft hands as he spills his guts.

"Johnny Moore sent us," He's a local 'businessman, a warlord given a pardon and the ability to consolidate his holdings legally, "He wanted a good deal with Old Man Thornton-- he heard Emma was in town with the academy. Leverage. I saw-swear we weren't going to hurt her." He's lying.

"Where is he?" You ask as Emma stands shocked.

"In-in his villa, of course." He gives you a vague location when you press more. It's in town, not too far from here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2020, 07:05:11 pm »

Finish him off, no loose ends. Check on Emma
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2020, 08:44:03 pm »

"Thank you; that will be all."

Reluctant +1
I just don't see any way to keep this guy alive-- he's too dangerous to leave behind, and too mangled to drag with us.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2020, 09:08:28 pm »

He likely has more information that will be useful to us, but it's too dangerous to let him live, as he has seen our face.

"Thank you; that will be all."

Reluctant +1
I just don't see any way to keep this guy alive-- he's too dangerous to leave behind, and too mangled to drag with us.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »

"Thank you, that will be all." A soft hiss of steam later and the man expires. You lift yourself, glancing back to Emma, who stumbles from corpse to corpse, pulling out their wallet, stealing any money or valuables. Rings, watches, anything gold. Then she steps into the building, emerging with her wine bottle, her robes folded neatly up in her arms. [-] You, after a moment, do the same thing, peeling off your jacket and slipping your mesh up over your head. She ticks her head down the street, starting in the opposite direction of the academy. The bottle she trashes in the first another alley she comes to find, a shattering of glass next to a bar. She tosses bits of the jewelry and cash as she walks, losing it as you follow along.

"Are you-" You begin.

She shushes you, coldly stating, "We need to get back home, shower and sleep. You need the Doctor. I need to send a message to my father." She looks too exhausted and shocked for words, stumbling as the two of you finally start turning towards the Academy, down another back street.

You put your coat back on in a thicket of woods off the road outside of town, you and Emma lounging against trees, catching your breath. Your head continues to throb, painfully. "How did you survive that?" She asks, finally breaking the silence she imposed.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2020, 12:05:51 am »

"Not sure. Don't want... don't want to think about it. Everything hurts."

We've got three options here: trust our friend with the truth (risky), lie somehow (and probably fail miserably)... or indulge in a little post-trauma exhaustion, and dodge the question. I'm inclined to go with that last, for now.

Consider: do we trust Emma to keep a secret?
Consider: who is "Alphir"?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:29:17 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2020, 12:09:44 am »

That is our true name, "Alphira."

We've got three options here: trust our friend with the truth (risky), lie somehow (and probably fail miserably)... or indulge in a little post-trauma exhaustion, and dodge the question. I'm inclined to go with that last, for now.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2020, 12:30:20 am »

Ahh, had to go back a couple pages and poke through the dreams again-- thanks. Silly of me not to check.

Looking at that last dream, and the dream before... I've no idea at this point what we are. We're a little less than angel, it seems, but a little more than human. Mother Nicole thinks we're a [demon], apparently, and given recent events she may be onto something... but then, I don't know what that even means in this world! It's all leaving me very confused.  ???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:50:21 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2020, 12:54:30 am »

It's odd.  My guess is that we were some sort of servant to the heavenly "Empyreans," but we did something wrong, following the wrong order or something, and were cast down.  I think we'll gain more clarity over time, hopefully even regaining our memories.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:53:45 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2020, 02:48:05 am »

That is our true name, "Alphira."

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 381