00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253155 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5610 on: March 14, 2021, 12:46:50 am »

"What did you have in mind?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: April 16, 2021, 10:19:31 pm »

((RIP.  Out of curiousity, would the planet have been saved?))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: April 16, 2021, 11:32:52 pm »

((So, I've...been busy. I went from two jobs to a demanding but better paying job. From Line/Prep cook to a catering chef, yay. But I still haven't come back to this. Despite the month. The setting still holds great intrigue for me, but I didn't set up the mechanics properly, I didn't balance the rules, and I didn't really plan for the game to be so...involved on this planet. I no longer feel the joy when I write for this game.

I, however, can wrap this up, if any are still interested in the final choice to decide Pheonix's future.))

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: April 16, 2021, 11:51:33 pm »

((I would like some sort of wrap up if you can.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: April 17, 2021, 12:40:12 am »

(I also would like an ending, as 375 pages is a long way to go and not try to finish it off in some way.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: April 17, 2021, 08:02:11 pm »

((I agree.  A resolution would be nice.))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: April 23, 2021, 07:36:55 pm »

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CExJwYz1Ww))

The great hovercraft, SEED’s Sacrifice, drifts towards the oncoming storm. Turbulence rocks the vessel. You pay the rocking of the vessel scant attention, instead staring at your scarred visage in the reflection of your helmet. A youth, appearing no more than twenty standard years, stares back; the scars of war apparent on her face and in her electric blue eyes. There’s a dullness there.

Giving a shake of your head, you slip the helmet on and rise to your feet. A quick check in the mirror confirms that your simple armor is tightly fit to your sinuous form. With a small adjustment of a strap, you stride from your armory. Children of SEED bow, Nobles dip their heads, and Skarin Technicians give tight salutes as you make your way to the bridge of the battlecraft. You take your seat in the center of the room. Isela sits to your right, her eyes fixed on a bank of monitors. Anxious communication officers await her commands. Emma, her face streaked with bloody tears, emerges from the depths of the ship to stand at your side. She doesn’t make eye contact.

A viewscreen, divided into multiple feeds, grabs your attention as it comes to life. Many things happen at once, but your Dust enhanced brain comprehends and understands them all at the same time.

You sit back within your chair, your attention divided.

The storm stalls at the crater's edge. The battle begins.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:41:38 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act V: The End
« Reply #5617 on: April 23, 2021, 08:49:08 pm »

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0))

Isela is grinning with triumph. You lift your brow at the General, but say nothing. Content to watch your enemy slaughtered in the thousand--

-- your breath catches as the UAV is snatched out of the air by something--

--and the camera pans to fix upon a horrifying sight. Your officers scream. You rise, even as Emma grabs at your arm, trying to pull you back. She manages to stall you just long enough to grab your chin and kiss you, hard. She screws her eyes shut as you pull away. She sobs as blood drips from her eyes to the floor as her willpower coils and bends into time.

You pull away, taking step, after step, after step, until you reach the airlock. You vent the pressure and the wind takes you. It sweeps you into the storm. You open the nullifying restraints as you fall. Your wings bloom out into the night sky, catching you. Your body adjusts to the altitude as you adjust your course to the center of battle.

There’s a lull in the fighting, and the storm center clears. You come to a stop, floating in the air as you appraise your foe.

Glass and rocks float haphazardly, curling randomly into distorted, screaming human faces. Silvery flesh grows like a weathered tree from a base of tentacles and twisting prisms of black. Arms and limbs flail and shift, sometimes turning into nothing but dust in the billowing winds of nanites surrounding the entity. From this grotesque base, a pale figure grows. Its flesh is alabaster, dotted with black eyes that track you through the whirling storm. Its face lacks eyes and a mouth. It's only features a twisted parody of your androgyny.

Its head rips apart at the jawline to reveal a gaping maw of black flesh, razor-sharp teeth, and dripping ichor. Dust accumulates into towering mirror-like wings with human faces grimacing from within those prismatic prisons. They scream with the sound of glass scraping glass—it echos out over the muddy battlefield.

The Plague Lord grins at you. Your destiny awaits.

Spoiler: Enemy Appraisal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:56:52 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: April 23, 2021, 09:16:59 pm »

Hmm.  We are most skilled with Inferno, and not very skilled at all with chlorine manipulation, but the Plague has never seen our chlorine manipulation and may not be adapted to acids.  If we have a chance to get close to it, we could attempt to collar it to reduce its strength, though I'm not sure how effective that would be.

Fusion could be an option for brute force.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:45:22 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: April 24, 2021, 03:17:01 am »

I doubt it's gone expect to be nuked so we could try that if the acid doesn't work out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: April 24, 2021, 01:29:59 pm »

Attempt to engulf it in acid.  If successful, use the opportunity to close the distance between us and the Plague Lord.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: April 24, 2021, 01:55:25 pm »

gonna use the fusion reactor at all?

Stay at range and use laser shots, forming glassy prisms and using the fusion reactor to power lasers.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:58:37 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: April 24, 2021, 02:15:16 pm »

We might as well give it a try.

Stay at range and use laser shots, forming glassy prisms and using the fusion reactor to power lasers.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: April 25, 2021, 02:25:51 am »

We might as well give it a try.

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: April 25, 2021, 02:04:48 pm »

An eternity passes as the two of you appraise each other in silence. Then, you react.

[init: 33 vs. 28]

[Hydrogen Gathering: 39]
[Prism Forming: 17]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 38 vs. 26]
You move first, gathering hydrogen into your arm’s reactor. You sweep it up in a tight arc, aiming down your shoulder to sight in on a glassy prism you twist up from the dust. You vent the energy into the pulse laser array with a twitch of a muscle. The beam explodes outward, hitting the prism and sending a scattershot of superheated silicon and light into your opponent. Its flesh ruptures and explodes into black ichor.

[||||||||||||||||](16/16)
[||||||||||||||||||||||..] (22/24)

[Silicon Manipulation: 17+5]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 30 vs. 39]
Its wings shatter into shards -- you try to dodge  as they hurl towards you. They separate to cut off your escape.. Three shards, just as large as you, smash into your shield and shatter into bits. You snarl --

[|||||||||||||||.]

[Hydrogen Gathering: 28]
[Prism Forming: 27]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 1 vs. 26]
You fire another laser blast-- and growl in frustration when the prism explodes into a shower of sparks and harmlessly dissipated light energy. The creature’s extended willpower drifts away in the storm. You swear it laughs at you.

[|||||||||||||||.](15/16]

[Silicon Manipulation(P:C:C): 25, 35, 39]
[Willpower Interrupt: 9 vs. 33]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 11 vs. 29]
It reforms its wings as you pit your willpower against its own. The two of you strain -- but the beast wins. Having crafted massive wings of stone from the rock it levitates on, it brings the pair into you from both sides, cutting off your escape. Your shield shatters the walls, but the impact depletes a great deal of charge to protect you.

[||||||||||||....](12/16]

[Hydrogen/Chlorine Manipulation(P:C:C): 38, 27, 17]
[Willpower Interrupt: 36 vs. 26+5]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 29 vs. 12]
Controlling your willpower and briefly dominating the creature’s own, you bring hydrogen chloride into existence from the atmosphere. Ounce after ounce pours down from the sky impacting the Plague Lord with the burning acid. Everywhere the liquid touches sizzles and burns, even as it tries to escape the blistering rain. You note, with satisfaction, the hissing of Plague flesh on the battlefield below.

[19]Allied Hovercrafts, under their skillful commanders, avoid the squall of acid. They are extracting the Voidmarines from the front and pulling back to provide you air support from the Plaguecraft.

[||||||||||||||||||||....] (19/24)

[Regen:39]
[1d3:2]
[Attack Rollv/avoid: 34 vs. 31]
The creature’s hissing flesh begins to knit itself back together-- and, taking advantage of its distraction, you open up with a laser blast. A tentacle from its torso is sent spinning into the storm.

[|||||||||||||||||||||...] (20/24)

J̸̨͎͇͇̦̠͍̅̇͊͊͐͗̓͐̓́̓̑̆̉̕ọ̴̳͓͎̝̖͖̻̙̳̩̍̀̉̚í̴̝͉̼̣̅̎͊̀̽̍̂͆̕͘͘̕ņ̷̢̜̳̙͍̫̦̤̺͇̮̼͔͛ ̷̢̨͕̰̹͇̮̻̣̿̈́̀̈̓̽̆̉̓̔͜w̸̠̝̱͙̳̪̤̝̠͇̲͎̝͙̉͆̇͐̀̄̓͘í̷̳̻̜̝̬̗̗̂̎͗̄̾͛́̆̃̒̽̚͜͠͝ͅt̵̢͍͇̣̭̟̞̫͎͚̪͒̂͒͑͜͠͝h̶̨̹͈̞̫̥̼̙̲͛͊̏͂̄̾̐̄̎̍͂͐͛͘̕͜͜ ̴̛̛̘̝̙̪̼̞̪̉̽͊̇̌̂̓͛͑̒̃͝u̷̘̝͖͎̺̍́͑͂͝s̶̨̨̡͔̥͈̹͔̮̓̈͑͜͝ͅ,̵̧̨̤͉̣̞̥͚̣̟͎̍͋̀̔͜ ̴̪̖̰͇̺̰͕̈̄͗͗͑̐́̄͂͝͝ͅͅͅB̸̩́̌l̵̉͝ͅö̶̡̨̨͉̫̻͕̗͔͔̜̈̈́̆̋̄͂̂̑ǫ̵̨͕͍̜̦̙̲͐̈́̈͂̊̈́̍͝d̷̺͔̬̯̫͔̳̀̏̐s̸̨̢̫͓̪͈̗̱͚̝͇̟̩̐͜ţ̴̢͉͉̠̱͓̟̥̝̹̏̔͑̍͂̐̈͒̑̄̈́͜͝ā̴̼̙̰̆̾̂į̷͎̰̲̳̘̟̖͕͓̅̑̏͌͛̊͝ͅǹ̴̡̲̣͇̞͈̼̪͉̰̱̝͎͐̏̊̔͋̅͜ḛ̸̡̡͇̭͉̼͍̹̭͕̗̺̙̓͗̐̿̇͂̓͛̃͆̕͜͝͝͝d̶̠͖̮͉̯͐͗̏̒̏͘͝͝ͅ ̶̝͈̪̙̘̞̺̗̂̾̂̽̓͋̕A̶̧̢͍̯̼̝͌͑͗̎̀͊̍͋̅̇͐n̵̹̠̘̻͈͓̰͖̦̤̪͈̒̀̎̋̒̈̄͐̂͘͝ģ̸̢̨͖̰͎͋͛ȩ̵̡͖͕͛̈́̐̌̀l̴̹̜̫̪͔͕̞͕̣̣̲̤̬͙̊̿̎̐.̵̡̤̟̱̻͒̒͆̀̏̍͆͌̏͜͝ It hisses within your mind as you appraise one another once more.

F̴͚͖͚͈̾́̈́̋̉̋͗̾̈́̑̚͘͝͝͝ŕ̴̨̢̛̛̮͈̜͍͔͚̥̱̱̱̺̱̺̐͆́́̀ȩ̷̦̜͎͎̲͙͔̃̎̌͋̏̂̂̕̕̚͠e̵̡͔̥̹̽͝͠ ̶̢̨̧͉̮̪̲̰̆̈ỳ̵̫̦͍͕̭̺̩́͒̊̓̚ͅo̴̦͑̀̔̈́͌͆̕ǔ̶̪̘̻̫͔̒́̍̽̍r̴̛̼̹̰͕̞̟̱̜͎͚͎͍̋͆̊̋͒͆̓͆̌̑͘͘ͅ ̴̨̲͕̤̜͚͙̻͆̍͗͒̂̃̕̚ͅh̶̢̢̭̫̻̣̗̺̪̮̤͐͒͊̃̔̎̅͛̈́̑͠͝ű̶̥̞̫͖͎̃͒̆͌̂͋̇̏̔̅͋͐̏͗n̴̢͖̞̓̅̆͘͜g̷̢̤̲̀̇̎͆̾̚̕è̵̡͔̼͎͙̦̖̲̮̺̪̭͐̿̿̓̚͠ͅr̶̤̪̻̹̱͉̲͍̝̰̖͕̗̹̅͋̒̚.̸̧̛̯͇̲̼̬͍͉̻̳͙̦̫͈́͂̇̄̉̏̎̋̎́͝͠ ̸̢̨̻̹̝͉̺̭̹̝̻̙̙̻̈́̈̕Ḑ̸̛͙͈͉̘͚̥̆̓̈̓ȅ̶̢̛̯̜̺̫̪̳̤͚̗̟̋̚̕͜͝͝s̶̢͓̻̝̫̻̲͈͚̪͍̝̼̪̈́̒̂̐̒̅̇̑͛͝͝t̶̡̟̮̖̤̥̠̱͍̭͉͙͍͊r̸͔̪̝̳̤̋̓̎́̾̇̒͊̄̈́̒̆͠ǫ̶̤͓̘̻̺̜̠̝̱̤͑́͋̀̀͜͜y̶̢̢̛̝̬͚͎̩̘̫̳̮͈̑͌̂́͌̋̒̀̅̈́͝ ̶̯̖̦̝̱̎̇t̷̯̰̞̱̜͖̪̥̠͋͗̇̒͒ḩ̵͉͖̟̮͇̣̝̪̱͔͈̜̳͖̏̀̽e̶̡̛̦͓͔͐̋͑́̅͜s̴̨͚̙̤͚͓͔͆͗͛̾͋̚͜ę̷̢̥̺̘̩̣̟̀̾̌̎ͅ ̸̡̱̣͔̠̲̞̠̳̤͈͇͊̅͑̾̓͛͂̿̌̉͌̌̀̈́͠s̷̡̨̛̛̲̤͖̤̣̳̼̤͖̙͚̔̍̾͐͜͠͠e̶̡̹̳̮͐̽̃̆̈́͒̃͠n̸̡̼͇̖͚̞̠͓͍̗̞̾̃̿́̓̾̿̎͐͋͑͒̕͝ͅt̴̬͉̱̄̀͑̌̾̍͗̂͛͜͠i̸̢̙̯͈̝͈̱̙͖͉͛͂̂͒̈́̒͌͜ȅ̷̥̪́̎̽̍͛͌͝n̸̨͎̠͉̦̼̈́̈͋͋̈̇͐͘ţ̶̥̥̘͇̟̞̝͇̘̜̮͐̀͊̈́̔̇̅͆̍̇͋͂̕̚͝s̸͖͉͂̄̄̆.̷̛̛̋̃̿̅͛̋̀̐̄͆̍͘͠ͅ

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 02:09:45 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 381