00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253131 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5460 on: January 08, 2021, 01:51:38 am »

Correct.  I'm not saying that the integration of an Ascended would change its drive for destruction, but I am suggesting it may have some effect on its personality and its behavior.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: January 08, 2021, 02:23:54 am »

[-][16][19] "One moment," You murmur, "Argument that needs settling through research."

A deep search on Plague Lords reveal that absorbing an Ascended does have unexpected consequences. The Plague Lord develops certain emotions, primarily 'negative', all derived from its base existence. It is still driven by an innate need to consume, assimilate and convert matter. Its hatred of humanity turns from destruction for survival to destruction for pride. Its hunger fuels anger and rage. An Ascended naturally acts in accordance with certain lawful tendencies such as vows, promises or geasa or self-imposed regulation of some sort. However, these tendencies do not reflect in Plague Lords created by the assimilation and infection of an Ascended. They are freed from the Emperor/ess' imposed Plague Laws.

[23] Plague Lords cannot understand human emotions, which make it hard for them to control themselves. This creates difficulty when it comes to higher applications with the field generated by 'Dust' as the entity becomes unstable in focus.

From personal experience, it would have to brute force any high level arithmetic. It would have to damage its own processing capabilities for things I find unconcious...but its mass would allow for a greater field of effect and strength when concentrated. But, it would still have to draw its energy from somewhere...

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: January 08, 2021, 02:48:59 am »

Maybe we could try to damage its pride by suggesting that it is weak and incapable of taking us on one on one?  Of course, if it struggles to control itself, it may not be able to restrain itself for the entirety of the duel.

Also, where does it draw its power from?  Perhaps we need to find that location and destroy it, if possible in conjunction with the current plan.  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the source of its power is.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:05:23 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: January 08, 2021, 07:49:08 am »

I mean we should probably be blowing up the plague's stuff anyway.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: January 08, 2021, 07:46:22 pm »

Yes, which will be easier to do when we get the new arm

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: January 13, 2021, 12:17:25 am »

You descend into the depths of Stormmont, to the Thornton Lab Level, floor sixty-six. The elevator gives a ‘ding’, and you step into the cold hallways. A young Scholar of – you do a double take. Her brown Scholarly robes no longer bear the familiar symbol of SEED, that duality of machine and nature. The symbol is replaced with sixty-six in a red circle, in an intersecting circle is a red thorn. Emma rolls her eyes at your surprised glance.

“[That armor loves to play up the ‘demon’ bit.]” Emma expresses, contemptuous.

“Can I help you?” The sixty-six scholar questions, quiet and polite.

“…yeah, we’re here to see Silas.” Emma states.

“Oh. He’s not receiving visito—”

[13 vs. 4] ”We’re here to see Silas.” Emma insists.

The scholar gives an odd twitch, bowing her head. Turning, she leads you down the hallway. She unlocks a non-descript door and ushers you inside. The room is dark, lit only by makeshift monitors. Papers are strewn about the place and crunch underfoot. Silas is resting his head at his desk, with half-lidded eyes fixed upon his own hand. It shines gray and silver in the dim light. He tracks his gaze to the two of you, silhouetted as you are by the doorway.

In a smooth, graceful motion, he draws out an autoinjector. With a click, it deposits its chemical payload into his veins. Within seconds he is sitting up right. A warm smile stretches across his lips, but it does not reach his eyes. He waves with his synthetic hand. You track it.

[20]“How?” You question, as he flexes it organically. You can tell there is no lag between intention and movement. Implants at this level are centuries beyond what should be possible with the technology this planet possess. “That’s…decades beyond what should be possible here.”

“Ava. The Demon. Flesh.” Silas beams with excitement, “It’s called PlagueTek. What I’ve done is broken down the Plague to its smallest possible form, built a small emitter field to reconstruct it, then bonded it with the neutralized Plague nanites in my own system. She showed me how—her avatar, the Demon Armor, is of similar construction, but uses a complicated ferro-silicate as a medium as opposed to a Plague based one.”

[5-5][19-5] Silas’ hand twitches. He pales, swallowing. Then it separates into dozens of tentacles, shifting and moving organically. Then it shifts back into a hand. He gives it a flex, giving you a warm smile. "Your implant will be of a similar nature."

"[Are you afraid?]" A nearby monitor questions, with a modulated, feminine voice. It speaks in high Empyreal.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:33:50 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: January 13, 2021, 01:02:23 am »

"[With whom am I speaking?  To answer your question, no, I am not afraid, even if perhaps I should be.  I am committed to my course for better or worse.  I must say, this technology is a remarkable advancement.  Did Ava teach herself this, or did she have a master?]"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:11 am »

Who’s Ava? Also I’m pretty sure we’re speaking to the armor. I am not afraid, I’m impressed

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: January 13, 2021, 03:49:10 am »

I think you're right.  Ava is the name of the one who constructed the armor for herself and became part of it, the "Demon."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: January 13, 2021, 03:51:36 am »

Ah, ok. Thanks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: January 13, 2021, 05:56:23 am »

Technology made from the plague is a strange concept, but I guess it's good we found a use for them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: January 13, 2021, 03:39:46 pm »

If you are not afraid then you are a fool.  Fear grants caution, a thing you should be well versed in before you tangle with such things.  Understanding is what you need to overcome fear.  Or confirm it.

My primary, concern would be that the nanites are insufficiently "deactivated" and could be retaken by the plague, either remotely or by direct contact.

You really MUST ask him about safety features.  And if he brushes such things off I would recommend he is far too gone to be useful.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: January 13, 2021, 04:08:25 pm »

Fear is not a prerequisite for caution. I agree to ask about safety features

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: January 14, 2021, 01:21:07 am »

"[With who am I speaking?]" You begin, glancing at the monitor.

"[Silas calls me Ava. The Flesh was my vessel for a time. I've managed to create a network here large enough to sustain a copy of my mind.]"

"[And what is your real name?]"

"[Princes-- Queen Avania The Fifth of her Name. Of the Tomb World Avernus. You know my story already, Daughter of Sol.]"

"[Who taught you all this?]" You gesture at the hand. Then you feel awkward until a camera clicks as it focuses on the gesture.

"[I stand on the shoulders of giants. As do all scientists. Reboot The Tenth, Shi The Ancient, Wesley Thompson of Old Earth. Others.]"

"Is it safe?"

"No." Silas and Avania speak as one.

"...elaborate?"

"Psychoses. Nightmares. Involuntary twitching." Silas rattles off, dead eyed. "But I don't sleep anyway!" He giggles. Hysterically.

"Is it safe to use near other Plague?"

"[For you. Side effects include an increased metabolic intake, headaches, tingling, weakness, pain, increased aggression, and corruption of your personal 'Dust' history.]"

"[What...what does that last one mean?]"

"[You'll be sterile in every sense of the word. If you pass on your 'Dust' there's...I project complications. A lot of complications. Complications that even I cannot fully understand. But am I correct in assuming you've committed the amaranth of devouring another Line?]"

"[What does that have to do with anything?]"

"[Judging by your tone you don't need to worry. Ascending anyone else is out of the picture now. Unless you want to create an abomination with the voices of multiple lines in their head.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: January 14, 2021, 02:19:53 am »

The side effects are acceptable, in my opinion, as long as the weakness and pain are minor.  Of course, this is a very personal decision.  Phoenix, what do you think about these side effects?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:24:47 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 381