00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253106 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5415 on: December 22, 2020, 03:49:02 pm »

The Holy land is not a place but a people, an idea.  Land has been fought over so long they forget that.  They also just don't like each other and that's like the oldest thing in human history from when one ape hit another with a rock.

If you find this frustrating feel free to let some anger show.  Just a little, control and use your emotions and all that.  Even a small display might be enough for them to work together long enough for it to matter.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: December 23, 2020, 03:09:45 am »

My take on it is that these people have been indoctrinated by the Church to be fearful and suspicious of those who are outside of the state's control.  This will change over time, assuming we don't all die to the Plague.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: December 26, 2020, 04:00:35 am »

That would be fantastic, Khan Rekhyt." Minister Sterling responds, smiling at the young man. His hand twitches towards the dagger at his hip, but he doesn't retort.

[19][22]"Children of SEED. Leave the room." You command. You rest a hand on your neck while they file through the double doors.  When the last leaves your sight, you unclick the collar. The temperature in the room rises. It's slow, until you devote willpower to the energy transfer process. Then your ministers begin to sweat. You leave it loose as you cross your arms over your chest.

[15 vs. 14]"As far as my concerns go, my future [consort, companion, habitual associate] is already baptized. Not with oil, but with blood." Your High Empyreal word-play draws a grin from Emma, and you can hear Murdach chortle beneath his mask. A small grin dances across Rekhyt's lips.

"What...what does that word mean? Mother Pheonix?" Sterling questions, tugging at her collar in the sudden heat.

"I am a mortal God," You begin to explain, crisp and polite, "I am unlike the Holy SEED in that regard, Sterling. I bleed, I eat, experience pain and pleasure -- and I make my own choices." You finish with a sudden sharp rise in your voice. The temperature in the room spikes.

[12]Sterling looks confused. But the others assembled understand. You think. Maybe.

"[Such a decision is inconsequential. Unless I decide the Khan deserves a longer life, I will outlive him by many lifetimes more. Political expedience is of the utmost importance. There is, as he said, 'an apocalypse approaching.']" You explain in the highest tongue of SEED Scholars. "As for the Outlanders...Do you think the Plague cares? For the Plague there is no difference between Familia, Crusader, Skarinite, or Outlander.  In the coming weeks, we live and die together as one. One Planet. One Species. One Alliance." You explain, drawing your dark gaze across the room. Those assembled go quiet as you continue. They pay you rapt attention as you lift your voice, as you vent your frustration. "We live and we die as one species! Do you understand?!"

[30]You rise to your feet and slam your hand down on the table. It creaks. You let your wings burst forth with a flash of light in the same moment. "We live and die as one! The only alternative is our complete destruction."

The room is dead silent. You click your collar shut, and the reaction of your wings dies with a gentle fizzle. "If anything threatens our chances of victory over the Plague -- I will be furious. Is that understood?"

There's a low chorus of cowed agreement.

You nod and start your stride out the door. "Take whatever measures are necessary. Establish the 'Killzone' within the Exclusion Zone. Excuse me."

No one follows, to your great relief, and you take the elevator to your suite. The bed welcomes you into its cold, soft embrace.  You watch the snow accumulate to blanket the mountainous crags of Stormont. Day turns to night with a bloody red dusk. You make to head to the hangar, but the full-length mirror catches your eye. Blood-red hair hangs down to your ears. A mask of iron covers your face, and you peel it off to examine the scarring. A vain hope. I never thought I'd long for my previous plainness.

"Why do you yearn for your previous mask, Patches?" A young, androgynous figure with dark hair drops into a seat behind you. They flip a gold and black coin with concern twinkling in their black eyes. "You should know by now that the faces you wear are naught but a façade."

"...who are you?"

"I don't make a habit of answering questions. I will give you and your elders one answer each, however. I owe you that much. Think before you as--"

"Who are you?" You repeat, reaching towards your collar.

"No one. Every one. You can call me Father, as Sol seems to prefer to manifest as maternal -- but gender is such an outdated concept for our species at this point. That your's answered." He speaks in perfect, high Empyreal.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:04:32 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: December 26, 2020, 04:07:33 am »

Are you the Emperor?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: December 26, 2020, 04:13:29 am »

"Always straight to the point, my Phillip, my 'Doctor'." The figure rises to loom over you. Its appearance doesn't change, but your perception of it does. It effects a regal pose, and its eyes darken to the deepest black -- the darkest black of the emptiest void. Patches leans forward, and you see why -- thousands of pinpricks of light -- ṃ̸̨͕̜̋̈ͅo̶̢̺̳̱͎̹͙̗͇̻͓̰̞͖͂́͌̍͆̽̔́̿̓͜͝͝m̷̖̗͙͍̟͕̪̗̐͑͊͒e̸̖̱̟̹̹̓̍̄̀̇̓̀̇̉̉͌͜ǹ̸̢͚̝̠́̀͑͆̅̓̾̄͊̃̄ţ̷̢̖͖̲̦̼̮̰̑͒̍̅͠s̶̨̠̮͉͕̟̼͈̺̅͐̕͜ͅ ̸̧̳̻͎͓͑̒̐͂̐̕ô̶̧̻͎͚̱̮̼̪̪̾̊͆͋̏̎͊͗̃̃̓͘͝f̵̨̧̨̛̠͇͚̤̺̘̭̦̜̞̍̑͌̌̐͊̏́͛̃͊͘ ̴̢̧͕͔̻̻̇̽t̶̡̡̤̥̼̼̗̓͌̔̏̊̓̃̋̂͘̚͜ͅͅͅḯ̴̧̧̛̬̖̮͕̖̥̭͕̀̅̀́̽͊͘͜͝m̸̢͕͇̤͔̝̟͓͇̥̤̬̥̄̔̊͋̓̄̆̎̈́̕ͅḙ̵̬̆̈́̉͜ ̶̞̰̝͙̗͉͙̠̮͖̦͕̲͖̞̓s̷̢̡̛̘̭̦͓͉̰͒̿̊̀͗̾̇̓́̓̎̍̚ͅu̶̯͙̹̮̣͔̣̘͕̩͐͂̌̇͆̓̔̄̋ś̸̨̨̛̯̬͖͚̥͚̯̣̳͈̲͈̰͌͗p̵̨̧̘̺̬̻̟̥̟̦̜̘̻̤͂̾͌́͋̅̓̒̔̑̾̾̊͜͝e̸̘͛͗̆͛̅͆͋͆̈̽̆̑́͝͝n̴̡̰̰̻̑͊́̈́̌͋̋͘͝d̴̰̟̣̘̘̪̖͍̬̟̜̬̊̈́̄̍̚e̷͕̠͖̝̮͈̫͕̊̄͗d̸̡̨̢̧̩̩̘̟͎͚̖̿̿̆̇̓̒͗͗̃ͅ ̴̖̠̫̗̣͙̰̳̻̬͔̼̑̇͒̇͋͠͠͝0̸̧͐̓̀̃̅̃̃̂̏̒̕͝͝0̶̛̪͎̖̰͎̭̩̜̽͆͐̈͝

"But to answer your question, yes and no. I am and I am not." The youthful figure sits and crosses a leg over the other. They give a patient smile.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:15:02 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: December 26, 2020, 08:11:52 am »

Are you the first of our line?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: December 26, 2020, 01:46:49 pm »

Do you know of anyone who the Plague communicated with that wasn’t infected at the time?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: December 26, 2020, 07:32:13 pm »

"No, Regis. I created the entity known as Sol, however.  So perhaps you could consider me as such." It shrugs a shoulder and flips its coin. "I am a prototype, unable to reproduce, but I still view you as my descendants."

"As for the Plague...yes, there have been instances of it communicating without the medium of its Infection. I communicated with it once, long ago or sometime soon. A strange entity, hardwired to destroy. A reflection of the virus of life."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: December 26, 2020, 08:21:15 pm »

WHY DID YOU-no no this is for someone else... ancient history.

Phoenix needs a way to control her power without diminishing it, and does not have the time to do work it out conventionally.  Can you please tell us another method she can use?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: December 26, 2020, 09:05:04 pm »

"Patches...and you...you deserve answers. They will come. I promise." The benevolent smile falters and it fades. It's replaced with haunting sadness, and the Emperor/ess can no longer meet your gaze. "I am sorry, if it's worth anything."

"Pheonix, Patches, Pheobe -- she is a mutation. An unexpected evolution caused by a unique Ascendance. A genetic null, an entity with no personality, memories, childhood or relations suddenly burdened with a dozen unique histories. Her lack of control comes from the inherent flaw within such a creation. A self-destructive drive created by a wish for oblivion and a wish to truly live."

"I am not self destructive." Pheobe blurts out, scowling and stamping a foot. "I do no--"

"Shush, child. You bear more scars than those with a thousand more years of history."

"I am stronger because of it!" She growls.

"And weaker too. Or haven't you noticed how Emma and William have the control you lack?" The Emperor lifts a single finger. "I will not give you the peace you need to find yourself. Only you can do so. My recommendation is this: release yourself from the chains of your physical form. Embrace the lack of existence that is your birth right. Find who you truly are through the first step of true apotheosis."

"And how do I do that? In less than a week I fight to save the humanity on this wretched world."

[∞] The entity gestures out the window. Snowflakes are suspended mid-fall. The sun hangs frozen in time. It all fades to black, until only you and the Emperor/ess stand amidst nothingness.

"This does not wipe away your guilt, Shi." A soft voice whispers with Patches' lips. "You are complicit. Tell me why."

"I seek only to turn lead into gold, Sophie." The Emperor smiles. "What other reason--"

"Liar."

"--a storm approaches. The Plague is naught but the first drops in a deluge that threatens to wash away The Great Work. I will only provide the anvil. The rest is left to those that came before and after. Others of your Line still have a question. I will provide it when they awaken."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:20:09 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: December 26, 2020, 09:15:54 pm »

I agree with our... Emperor/ess.  The ancients would say that you must be as the uncarved block, Phoebe.  Be manifold in form, mind and body changing readily to adapt to infinite possibilities.  Only then can you overcome the harsh adversities of this cruel universe.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: December 26, 2020, 09:30:06 pm »

...you stand before and with a youth cobbled together with stitch-work flesh. Each portion of her 'skin' is knotted and scarred with histories that are not her own. Moments of time tightly knit around an empty entity. She huddles, alone and scared. The sudden solitude is overwhelming to her, and to you, but you've experienced such things.

"I...I don't know how. Tell me how." She whimpers.

You look down at your body. There's nothing there but a faint blurring of dust, coiled around a core of old memories that define your personality. A dim fire smolders within that core -- an echo of an ancient star that burned brightly. You look around and spot the other prominent lights within the void -- but there are still more cores, more motes of dust and history and life--

But Patches does not have that light. She burns only with borrowed fire, insulated with stolen memories.

"Division of the whole into many parts. The first step to understanding a composite."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:33:29 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: December 26, 2020, 09:43:04 pm »

I believe that such things cannot be directly taught.  You must experience the revelation yourself.  Let go of form, Phoebe.  Worry not for the vessel that constrains and limits your mind.  Whether the fire within you is stolen or original is immaterial.  Can you let go of your memories and then call them back to you?  Can you mold your being like clay?

You are what you will yourself to be.  If you are cold without your own fire to warm you, create the spark yourself.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:47:47 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: December 27, 2020, 04:56:13 am »

...And with those words of wisdom, you fall dormant...your energy expended...others still remain to speak, however...

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: December 27, 2020, 01:21:35 pm »

Will you help us? If so what will you help us with?
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 381