00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 253223 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2020, 05:25:47 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the war will come our way sooner or later. This is just us trying to have a bit of a normal life before that happens.

Recall, we destroyed a bloodline for this. I figure we've earned it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2020, 05:58:17 pm »

[-]"I'd go for Refinery Technician. Maintenance Technician is a misleading title. You just end up cleaning for four years." Emma shrugs a shoulder. "And your senior officer never dies. I swear the radiation shouldn't help."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2020, 06:02:09 pm »

"What are your thoughts on the defensive line postings?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2020, 06:27:43 pm »

[-] "A lot of the time you're keeping the Outlander clans in check. Occasionally there's an issue with [insects], and the occasional [large reptile]."

"It's a little uncomfortable, and a bit worrying...but I wouldn't hold you back if it's what you want to do."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2020, 07:02:52 pm »

"[Insects]..." (Shudder.) "I remember [insects]."

Quote from: Suggested posting
Entry Level Hydrogen Refinery Technician-Entry Level Hydrogen Refinery Researcher

"This is better." (Smile!)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:15:39 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2020, 08:00:47 pm »

"Insects..." (Shudder.) "I remember [insects]."

Entry Level Hydrogen Refinery Technician-Entry Level Hydrogen Refinery Researcher

+1 ((wait, all we remember of insects is how they taste, I don’t think we’ve seen a live oNe, so the top one doesn’t make sense, especially since it tasted good))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2020, 08:15:26 pm »

I don’t think we’ve seen a live oNe

Phoebe Gainer hasn't. Alphira has had some terrible experiences with them, if our dreams are anything to go by.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2020, 08:18:32 pm »

I don’t think we’ve seen a live oNe

Phoebe Gainer hasn't. Alphira has had some terrible experiences with them, if our dreams are anything to go by.
ah, thanks, so that was the silver thing that shredded our comrade?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2020, 08:20:37 pm »

Probably.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2020, 10:57:48 pm »

"Insects..." (Shudder.) "I remember [insects]."

+1 ((wait, all we remember of insects is how they taste, I don’t think we’ve seen a live oNe, so the top one doesn’t make sense, especially since it tasted good))
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:50 pm »

[-]"Wonderful." Emma wraps you in a hug, smiling as she looks at the clock. Hers is the only room containing one, you remember, for purposes of being a Dorm Leader. "We'll submit our choice tomorrow morning. It's getting pretty late-- I'll buy you dinner in town?"

Always a sucker for free food, especially with your appetite, you agree.

The night on the town is one filled with fun. After dinner at a lovely restaurant, courtesy of Emma, you hit up the bar with your other classmates. Emma and you get pretty drunk, stumbling your way home. The two of you collapse into your bed, giggling, giddy from the choice, the alcohol, and each other.

[-] You sleep well throughout the night, fitfully stirring only once in your sleep, only for Emma's close presence to give you comfort against your nightmares. She holds you close like she always does, and you fall back to sleep with a smile on your face.

[-] The next morning, however, you awake to a knocking on your door. Confused and groggy, you untangle yourself from Emma, get dressed, and open it

Your grandmother stands on the other side, smiling at you widely with something that you would call pride. Before you can even speak, she pulls you close in a tight, awkward hug. You blink, surprised by the affection and even more surprised by her presence. Brother Hop stands a respectful distance away in an 'at ease' position, hands clasped behind his back, eyes forward and up, not quite comfortable in the presence of his former mentor.

"Pheobe, dear, I'm so prou--" She trails off awkwardly when Emma awakens, and the two stare at each other in a state of shock. Emma hastily mumbles an apology, and you close the door while she dresses. She flees the room, while you and Mother Gainer contemplate the other.

"Emma Thornton?" Nicole asks, incredulous, taking a seat at your desk while you tidy your bed and claim a seat there to face her, uncomfortable. Brother Hop somehow manages to look smug while keeping a neutral expression.

Well then.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of Local Area (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:02:11 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 11, 2020, 11:49:23 pm »

Welp, here comes the grand debriefing.

Nod. "Emma Thornton! A friend that became something more."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:40 pm »

Welp, here comes the grand debriefing.

Nod. "Emma Thornton! A friend that became something more."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 12, 2020, 12:05:12 am »

[18]"Before or after you destroyed a rival family for her?" Nicole asks, cutting to the point with a raised brow and a stern tone. You bristle at the accusation, your first impulse to snap at the old woman. You do hesitate, however.

Mother Nicole lifts a hand despite your reply, not saying more on the matter. Instead, she changes the subject, glancing at the door to your room thoughtfully. "I'll not judge you-- you're young, after all, and the girl is competent despite her apparent innocence. She was best in class for Academics; I'll let you know."

Brother Hop nods, producing a grading sheet with your name at the top. The words jumbling themselves together for you, however-- it must be in one of the higher scripts, one of the ones that distract you as you try to follow every reference instead of just ignoring it to focus on the actual texts. She glances at the document only occasionally. She nearly has it memorized, judging by the accounting she gives.

"High marks in arithmetic and physics, almost as high as Emma's, correct Child Hop?" The question seems more rhetorical, but Brother Hop nods. "Bad at translations, you nearly didn't pass, did you know that? And of course, as fantastic as expected at the soldierly arts. I dare say you're a better soldier than I was when I was your age, despite the experience difference. A natural aptitude for leadership and training. Beautifully done, Pheobe. Made plenty of friends, according to Hop's surveillance and you managed to secure a good connection with a rising Family. "

"The Thorntons haven't been as lippy lately, so well done with that whole affair. They've raised concerns with your ability to make hard decisions though-- they promise it'll come back to bite you in the ass later." Mother Nicole leans on the table, looking tired.

[-]Despite her exhaustion on the matter, she's genuinely proud, and makes it easy to see.

"What did you decide on for your Posting?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:08:43 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:26 am »

"Entry Level Hydrogen Refinery Technician, Mother Nicole.  I hope to improve my abilities in science and physics through a relevant posting."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 381