00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252218 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4830 on: August 07, 2020, 11:28:42 am »

Fine words-- I hesitate, though, to name all as worthy of redemption. What of the Plague, which is by nature irredeemable?

Regardless, it may be worth discussing the words we intend to use with our councillors here before we speak. If nothing else, the twins ought to know how we intend to portray them.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:55 pm »

You outline your speech to those assembled. Lacey, Mellone, and Emma nod, while Ethan and Finn shrug.

"And what would you like us to say or do?" One of the twin's questions.

"And I don't know why you don't expect us to receive a warm welcome -- last night we were the life of the party!" The other volunteers, with a wicked grin. The two of them bump fists.

"That was Family-folk," Emma explains.

"They have the moral strength of wet toast." Lacey snarks, giving a dark glance to Emma. "No true faithful of SEED would ever cavort with unblessed demons."

Emma nods to Lacey in support. Unoffended, "They really do."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 06:36:10 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: August 08, 2020, 03:02:49 am »

Hmm.  Perhaps there should be some sort of ritual to symbolize their "purification?" 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: August 08, 2020, 03:21:41 am »

Wouldn't the religion already have something like that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: August 08, 2020, 04:54:47 pm »

Ask Lacey what ritual would be appropriate for a conversion.  If none is mentioned, try having the twins kneel during the speech, then have them stand and face the audience.  Use hydrogen manipulation to gently lift them up after the speech, and then briefly produce a bright white light seeming to emanate from them that shines into the audience.  When the light fades, set them down and create and maintain a glowing gold aura around them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:38:50 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: August 08, 2020, 06:32:09 pm »

I’m worried what will happen if any of that fails, we could end up harming the twins or others on the stage, or the audience, or ourselves

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: August 08, 2020, 06:53:02 pm »

I don't think it would be particularly dangerous.  We were unable to harm Plague soldiers using the same technique even we wanted to, so I don't see how gently lifting them up a couple feet would be worrisome.  In general, when we fail we become hungry and tired, but we don't lose control and start using our powers wildly.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:47 pm »

((Which is why it's a very good thing this isn't an RTD!))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: August 08, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »

((While true, things are still rolled for))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: August 08, 2020, 08:24:25 pm »

Our heir knows what she's doing.

Ask Lacey what ritual would be appropriate for a conversion.  If none is mentioned, try having the twins kneel during the speech, then have them stand and face the audience.  Use hydrogen manipulation to gently lift them up after the speech, and then briefly produce a bright white light seeming to emanate from them that shines into the audience.  When the light fades, set them down and create and maintain a glowing gold aura around them.
+1

Thermodynamics ought to be easier for you than direct light manipulation, if it comes to it. Be prepared to play to what you know.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: August 08, 2020, 11:28:23 pm »

Uhh aren't we fairly sure McCreary was from the crashed ship?  That means these guys are his family of sorts.

Just be truthful with that.  These are distant relatives of the first champion and though weaker and strange they have decided to fight for the church or whatever your calling this little theocracy right now.

It is not what they are that makes them a demon but their actions.  If they seek to aid the cause of SEED then they are kindred spirits or whatever.

I have seen where former foes face down the plague together when circumstances are right.  These guys aren't even foes just.. unusual and untrusted.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: August 09, 2020, 06:29:07 am »

Our heir knows what she's doing.

+1
+1 This all looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: August 09, 2020, 06:35:23 am »

Uhh aren't we fairly sure McCreary was from the crashed ship?  That means these guys are his family of sorts.

Just be truthful with that.  These are distant relatives of the first champion and though weaker and strange they have decided to fight for the church or whatever your calling this little theocracy right now.

It is not what they are that makes them a demon but their actions.  If they seek to aid the cause of SEED then they are kindred spirits or whatever.

I have seen where former foes face down the plague together when circumstances are right.  These guys aren't even foes just.. unusual and untrusted.
Yes

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:28 am »

((There's no evidence that that was McCreary's ship.  The GM even corrected Superdorf when he made that assertion:))

...I say.

>[NAME: Sadil of the Silicon's Rest, Mercrenary's Rest]

This is McCreary's vessel.

((Planet name.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: August 09, 2020, 07:36:53 am »

((There's no evidence that that was McCreary's ship.  The GM even corrected Superdorf when he made that assertion:))

...I say.

>[NAME: Sadil of the Silicon's Rest, Mercrenary's Rest]

This is McCreary's vessel.

((Planet name.))
Oh, thanks for the reminder
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 381