00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252144 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4815 on: August 05, 2020, 07:15:31 am »

I thought we also might need their help fighting Magnus, and that was the reason to train together so we could fight as a unit instead of an individual.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: August 05, 2020, 08:14:58 am »

Against the Plague-- absolutely. Against Magnus... perhaps not.

No amount of help will amount to anything, when the time comes to face down that monster: either we'll be ready for him, or not. If not... well, I want to leave our scions with a way out. Safety in the Rim. The Empyre need never know they exist, if they so choose.

<Mnemonic query: how does the strength of a Cadet differ from that of a mainliner?>
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: August 05, 2020, 11:16:14 am »

Spoiler: Potential and Cadets (click to show/hide)

William listens intently to your explanation, before prompting, "[And what of me? What do you hope to learn that cannot be taught by Eric?]"

You swirl the wine in your glass.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:23:59 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: August 05, 2020, 11:27:19 am »

William is bold, he fights dirty, and he has extensive combat experience, having trained to fight his entire life.  I'm sure we can learn a lot from him.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: August 05, 2020, 11:40:18 am »

"[I'm flattered. I'll slot in into my schedule between all the whoring and drinking.]" William grins across at you.

You feign innocence, "[I hope your customers get a discount with a face like yours.]"

"[Gods above, was that an attempt at wit?]"

"[I try. On occasion.]"

Anything else to discuss, or should you politely make your exit?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: August 05, 2020, 12:07:51 pm »

Is there anything you'd like to discuss? To make small talk over, even? They'll want us back for service, I imagine, but we can delay a little longer yet.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:01 pm »

What service?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: August 05, 2020, 05:07:08 pm »

Ah, sorry-- "services." The ongoing memorial.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: August 05, 2020, 05:27:28 pm »

Oh, I thought that was over for some reason.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: August 05, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »

We should probably go to the services

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: August 05, 2020, 06:35:54 pm »

Agreed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: August 06, 2020, 02:03:59 am »

Probably be bad if we missed it so go back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: August 06, 2020, 10:57:56 pm »

The two of you chat for a little while longer until William lifts a finger. "Yeah, Phe-Phe. They're calling you back. Something about the twin's conversion?"

You drain your drink and pull the gasmask down. William gives a wave, offering, "I'll be around later."

The amphitheater stretches out beneath you as you cross over the catwalks. The masses are settling into their seats, with Crusaders and Guardians directing the steady flow of traffic. Near the front of the stage, you note the ministers and their families.

But behind the stage, Minister Mellone, Minister Lacey, Emma, and Cephie stand amid a heated argument. The twins stand dressed in Crusader uniforms, their armors at their back. The two manage to loom menacingly without effort, but they look confused.

The argument stops when the Ministers spot your approach. Mellone and Lacey bow their heads before Lacey launches into questioning.

"What is this, Mother Pheonix?" Lacey begins, "These [demons] say they wish to convert to our faith publicly!"

"That isn't important." Emma sighs. "We need to figure out how best to break the news -- these are our new allies."

"They are." You vouch, and Lacey gives you a slow nod of her head.

"I-...if even demons wish to convert...then I cannot...argue." She murmurs, reaching up to tuck the hair in her face back into her robe. "The...the people will be concerned. They will need soothing words, Mother Pheonix."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: August 06, 2020, 11:43:23 pm »

What does it mean to be redeemed? 

Gaze upon these figures, these two believers that stand before you not with animosity, not as malicious spirits, demons clad in the armor of hatred, but as mere men with hopes and dreams who, through the grace of God, are no different than the faithful gathered here today.

They were not always thus.  In the distant past, these were soldiers of the Baron of Steel, inhuman demons that sought the demise of all we held dear.  As we all know, the strength of these demons was so great that they were only stopped at great cost through the desperate struggles of our Crusaders, believers bearing the weapons of righteousness.

I have reached into the souls of our hated enemies, reached deep into their beings, and I have given them the gift of faith.  I have transformed them, transformed the very essence of their souls from living evil into base humanity, and in so doing I have offered them the greatest gift we have to give, the gift of redemption.

In our holy mercy, in our sacred kindness, who are we to deny them this gift?  Our ancient enemies have become our strongest allies, as we should never turn away those that wish to atone for their sins, even ones such as these who truly have so very much to atone for.  Alongside our brave Crusaders, they will purge this world of the Plague and bring us justice for the loss of our Holy SEED.

This is the meaning of redemption.  This is what it means to save a soul.  Witness today the final step in their holy transformation and rejoice, for in Phoenix and in SEED even the most wicked can find hope and love.  No one and nothing is beyond redemption.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:22:47 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: August 07, 2020, 06:37:11 am »

+1 To that.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 381