00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251932 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4680 on: July 24, 2020, 06:50:56 pm »

I think we’ll need to come up with the words, Constantine is better at speech making than me

((Uhh right then. Gimme a bit, I'll try and throw something together... ZBridges has the gist of it down already; I'll just extrapolate from there.))
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: July 24, 2020, 07:26:22 pm »

((I'm actually genuinely impressed at how you are all contributing to the story and have all basically picked up roles.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: July 25, 2020, 12:21:08 am »

((A necessity! We play to our talents.))

Peace. Comfort.
Words I offer.

My children.

We are called this day to grief, and to celebration. Grief, for those we have lost. Celebration, of that which they held so dear.

This is a day for celebration, my children! For joy in sorrow! We raise our glasses in honor! We raise our glasses to the honored dead, who have given all for the love of their home-- their Work-- their people. Tomorrow, we will mourn their loss. Today, we celebrate their
valor. Today, we partake gratefully of the gift they have given us: through their lives, our lives. Our land, and such bounty as it has given us.

Let this day be our holy day. Our celebration in grief. Our sacred remembrance, now and in every year to come. By these words we will know this day-- by these words we will commemorate the fallen--
May their memory be eternal. To us, life.

Enjoy the revelries.

"Αἰωνία ἡ μνήμη"-- "memory be eternal". An old theme. A favorite of mine.
Alter and augment our words as you will, Φοῖνιξ Ἥλιης. You are at your best, when you speak from your own reckoning.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: July 25, 2020, 04:06:09 am »

+1 To that is all looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: July 25, 2020, 04:07:13 am »

Beautiful.  Hopefully it will raise our people's spirits.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: July 25, 2020, 11:48:20 am »

((I'm actually genuinely impressed at how you are all contributing to the story and have all basically picked up roles.))

((My role is "the guy who is in love with complicated unworkable ideas," I suppose?:) ))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: July 26, 2020, 04:08:12 pm »

((A [person's] grasp should exceed [their] reach, or what's a heaven for?))

With kind words and inspirations in mind, you take a step forward and dip a nod to the controller. He flicks a switch, the green light turns on, and you swallow down your nervousness.

"I hope the morning finds you well, my Children."

You pause for just a moment to build the tension.

"We are called this day to grief, and to celebration. Grief, for those we have lost. Celebration of that which they held so dear. Let us take a moment to raise a glass of wine, of water, of fire, to grieve and to celebrate those lives."

You pause as Emma quickly pours you a stinging glass of Vodka, which you down quickly. After a slightly exaggerated breath, you continue, letting the fire from the alcohol creep into your words.

"This is a day for celebration, my children! For joy in sorrow! We raise our glasses in honor! We raise our glasses to the honored dead, who have given all for the love of their home-- their Work-- their people. Tomorrow, we will mourn their loss. Today, we celebrate their valor. Today, we partake gratefully of the gift they have given us: through their lives, our lives. Our land, and such bounty as it has given us!"

"Let this day be our holy day. Our celebration in grief. Our sacred remembrance, now and in every year to come. By these words we will know this day-- by these words we will commemorate the fallen -- May their memory be eternal. To us, life."

You pause, breathing out a soft sigh, twisting a cheerful lilt into your voice, but keeping the sadness of loss still fresh.

"Enjoy the revelries."

The microphone cuts off, the red light turns on, and the three of you sit patiently for a few minutes. Emma is grinning, then, softly, "[Constantine?]"

You flush, and nod.

Three people enter the room after many minutes, in unmarked clothes. They bow their heads when they see you and Emma. The first offers the pleasantries, "Lady Pheonix. Lady Emma." Thorntons, then.

"How did it go over?" Emma asks nervously, picking at her dress.

"We didn't stay long to gather information." He begins. Emma flinches, concerned by the worry in his voice.

[20]"We didn't need to. From the tip of the mountain to the bottom, the people cheered for Pheonix and the nation. Everyone we saw toasted, and the festivities began in full." Another laughs, as the false tension drops from the trio's shoulders. "By SEED, the Crusaders and Guardians even joined in. Even the fanatics broke their teetotaling to raise a glass."

You slump with relief, laughing. Emma smiles, then, with a nod to the trio, dismisses them with a "Go enjoy yourself. Two drink limit -- help the Crusaders and Guardians if they need it with public safety."

"My Lady." They bow out, and Emma takes you by the hand to drag you to the party.

"It's my turn for a speech." Emma murmurs over to you, as the two of you stand in the elevator. "I used the toy you sent home with Cephie to research our Line. I feel it is a good idea to impress upon our new allies where you stand, and who stands behind you."

Remembering what an Ancestor told you, you give the nod, putting your trust in the Oracle.

"Try not to blush--" She pauses, then, with a press of a button, the elevator stops. "There is something else we must discuss, Pheonix. Your relationship with Cephie."

You blink, opening your mouth to offer a defense.

[1] "To be honest with you, I don't care. Just keep it under wraps. If the public were to find out, it could cause confusion and strife. Especially between the Families and the general population." Emma calmly explains. A pain strikes at your heart.

"How did you--"

"I asked her."

[17 vs. 5]You clench your jaw. Suppressing your anger, you quietly ask, making sure not to hope too loudly, "You're not angry? Or jealous?"

"No." Emma presses the button, starting the lift again. "Who you 'spend time' with is of no concern to me. Keep it under wraps -- only those that are trustworthy."

The rest of the ride passes in silence. Moments before the door opens, Emma composes herself, putting on a pleasant smile. Two Warmachines greet you at the landing pad door, giving a bow of their heads and letting you pass by their security without a second glance.

"Thank you all for coming to this revelry. I am Lady Thornton, Regent of Pheonix's Fortress-State, Lord Protector of the Sandsper and Hoganson Families;  Emeralda Thornton -- I am told we share Blood." Emma begins, approaching the crowd, raising her voice despite the microphone that sits on the high collar of her dress. Her voice echoes out across the assembled mass of Pirates. The conversation dies down, and Murdach pushes through the crowd. His 'head' tilts downward in respect towards the two of you. His sensors, however, twitch towards Cephie, mirroring his Pirate's own slightly confused glance.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Emeralda Thornton. Forgive me if I do not bow -- it is against my culture." In a calm brogue, he offers smoothly, "I have come with gifts for the beautiful lady of our great ally." He lifts a hand, and two Pirates drag a metal chest forward, dropping it at Emma's feet. They back away, and the chest pops open of its own volition with a hiss of hydraulics. Within are various jewelry and trinkets. All of it is finely worked, bearing the craftsmanship of a dozen worlds -- and all it forged from rare metals—platinum, palladium, and jade.

Three items lay atop the pile, however. A small canister of some powdery, white substance. A dueling las-gun wrought with precious gems and other rare materials, and a graceful comb, which flows organically and gracefully. Emma glances down at the three items, her eyes flicking up to the Captain. Without hesitation, she reaches down, picking up the pistol to look it over.

[18] You notice the grins upon the senior Pirate officers. One even nods.

"This a beautiful weapon -- and these are amazing gifts. You have my thanks, Captain Murdach. My good friend Cephie, Pheonix's retainer, tells me that you have been asleep for many years. No doubt you wish to quench your thirst, but if I may be permitted to raise a toast before we begin our revelry."

"Of course," Murdach replies smoothly. Drinks are distributed to the crowd as a screen descends. You take another glass of alcohol, Ascended Wine this time, as even smelling the drink makes your head spin.

"I wish to raise a toast, to my lover, my friend, and my dearest ally, as today is her birthday!" A video begins to play on the screen. Its a montage -- you stand bleeding and broken in front of Magnus, delivering your threat. One of Alphias doing the same. A still image of the Moore Family villa with an enormous hole in the side, and you emerging from it. One of you, during the first year of your academy -- the next of you standing before a great crowd of soldiers, making your first speech. A picture from the propaganda department of your second battle with the colossi. Intercut between these pictures is the video of Alphias' last stand. "Her Sire stood unbowed before the Nobility, just as she stands unbowing. He destroyed the Plague just as she does. She delivers us from our foes, and now she's going to deliver us from tyranny! I thank you, as does every free man, woman, and everything in between. My beloved Pheobe..."

[20] "To the next Queen of the Pirates! Hail Lady Pheonix!" The Wall of Infinity cracks under Alphias' siege. Broad dark lines forming in the structure of pure light as the laws of the universe shatter -- a soundbyte is perfectly timed to echo out over the crowd as Emma raises her glass. A collective gasp rises from the group. They stare in silence, glancing between the paused video and you with shock and awe. It's a perfect picture -- seven wings of fire erupting from Alphias's back as he stands before his handiwork.

They call your name back as one -- Murdach is the only one who does not. His sensors narrow on you. The glasses emptied in a single drink.

[18 vs. 4+5]"Thank you." Emma bows her head, reaching out to pull you into a tight hug and to plant a kiss on your cheek. She gives a laugh and a flush, but you're the only one that can see the coldness in her ice-blue eyes as she looks at you—the twitch of a scowl.

The party begins, and Emma slips away to chat and mingle. She plays the hostess well, encouraging discussion between the Pirate Officers and the Council. Crusader and Soldier. Eric and Isela speak to the young Armorer and a taller man that looks quite similar, besides for his lean, long-legged height. Two Voidmarines step out of their armor, bright red hair nearly glowing in the light as they begin to drink at the bar. Murdach sits quietly upon a couch made for the Warmachines, chatting with a beautiful woman dressed in a SEED uniform.

Cephie emerges from the crowd, holding a bottle of wine. She smiles happily as the two of you take a seat at one of the less crowded bars. "So, what do you want to do first!?" She asks, excited. Music begins to echo throughout the room, as the Pirates finally finish setting up their sound system.

"...Oh, written in the stars..."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:08:17 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: July 26, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »

... we're Phoenix is in a relationship with Cephie?

Yes, yes, priorities, but I'm not a fount of inspiration regarding her last question.

Excellent speech, fellow advisors, and excellent delivery, Phoenix.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:33:27 pm by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: July 26, 2020, 05:12:36 pm »

It seems you have a reputation, Constantine!  A wonderful speech.  This is your moment, Phoenix, and your life.  What do you want to do?

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: July 26, 2020, 08:11:22 pm »

Oh.
Yeah, that... makes sense, actually. I suspected that Cephie was interested in us. It's surprising, but not really shocking.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I'm not really the social type, so I can't really give good advice. Just have fun and try not do something you regret?
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: July 26, 2020, 08:49:10 pm »

Shrugging to yourself, you take a set of glasses from behind the bar, and Cephie pours you both one of Ascended Wine. "First drinking. Then food. Then more alcohol?" You propose.

Cephie dips a nod, raising her glass and clinking it against your's. "Sounds good. May I make a counter proposal?"

You take a sip of your drink, gesturing for her to continue.

"We finish these glasses, go eat, go shake down a Thornton for whatever drugs they might have. Do them, then drink more. I'll teach you how  to dance. Then as this is a Pirate party -- when night falls somebody is going to set up a sparring ring. We stomp a few heads, maybe toss a Voidmarine around or watch the fights. When we get too drunk, we'll raid my stash for an upper, then go from there. How does that sound?"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:51:38 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: July 26, 2020, 09:03:29 pm »

"That sounds amazing.  Can Ascended overdose?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: July 26, 2020, 09:31:30 pm »

Ah-hm.

I'll leave this one to your own judgement, Φοῖνιξ-- it's your birthday party, after all!-- but be careful. You've an image to maintain, even here: before the Twelve Clans, before their descendants, and before SEED's children. They will be watching us close.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: July 26, 2020, 10:26:38 pm »

As your Doctor, I would recommend that you take as many drugs as possible. Drugs are fun.

Just kidding. Do be cautious about mixing uppers and downers, and don't partake in more than you are comfortable with. Since this will be your first exposure to these drugs, take lighter doses than Cephie.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: July 26, 2020, 10:27:58 pm »

What our Constant said. None of my business what your relationships are, Phoenix. All that's mine to say is: be careful. But you knew that.

I am curious to see how this goes.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 381