00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251952 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4470 on: July 09, 2020, 01:01:57 am »

((That code tag is... a little unreadable. For some reason, the forum is only showing two lines. If you want monospace, a better way is to use tt tags like so.))
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: July 09, 2020, 01:03:13 am »

"What's that demon armor?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: July 09, 2020, 01:21:28 am »

((Shiiiiit. Let me try and fix it/post an alternate version. Without the code, the formatting goes to hell and back on the forums.))

"That--well, considerin' it killed the last person to try and wear it, and the Pirate Lord Ol' Murdach took it as trophy from called himself the Demon of the Void -- we figured it fittin'. Its a custom piece." He leads you down a long corridor, to a heavily reinforced pod. "Migh' be Plague-tec. Murdach had his guts ripped out by the bastard, or so the story goes. Tha' was about two hundred years 'fore I joined."

He inputs a code, getting it wrong once, twice, and when he gets it right, the pod presents a primitive key-slot. He turns the key, and the pod door pops open. "We had to keep it under physical locks and a disruption field-- The AI seems to be right bastard, Plague or no."

Inside the pod is a black and red suit of heavy, gleaming full-body, step-in style armor, held in place by heavy magnetic locks. Speakers separated from the machine by armored panels hiss a constant static. A silvery-mane of fur hangs from the back of it, and a red capelet of an unknown synthetic material hangs from the shoulder. Across the detached chest piece is what looks like scar tissue cut in a straight line across the breast. The faceplate and helmet have been molded to resemble the demons of Old Terra, from the [Merciful God]'s religion -- complete with a pair of razor-sharp, stubby horns and snarling jaw.

[3 vs 4] You, on a whim, reach a hand out towards it -- it gives a soft hiss, the shutters on the eyes opening to reveal lenses of red. Lights dance across these as the armor awakens. The gauntlets twist, straining at the locks with the suit's artificial muscles, making them creak and groan.

The young man grabs your hand with surprising strength to tug you away and slam the pod shut. He gives a nervous laugh, flashing you a grin that shows too many very sharp teeth. "Easy there! Ya' fool ain't supposed to touch it."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:58:47 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: July 09, 2020, 01:27:26 am »

Well now. "Demon" indeed.
<Mnemonic query: information pertaining to the faith of the [Merciful God].>

Some interesting cybernetics available here. I wonder...
<Mnemonic query: William's cybernetic integration. Could such a phenomenon be duplicated to create a nanite-augmented replacement for our missing arm?>
Assuming you've any interest in such a replacement, of course. Your body-- your choice.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: July 09, 2020, 01:40:02 am »

"Do you mind if I try it on?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: July 09, 2020, 01:58:00 am »

((Fixed the catalog. Thank you Iridium! I'll be using that from now on...and playing with it!))

<
Spoiler: The Merciful God (click to show/hide)
>

<Unknown>

"...are you fuckin' crazy or somethin'? Besides, its Murdach's trophy. You'll have to ask him." The young man shakes his head, eying the pod as it shifts and twists for a few more moments. It slowly settles to stillness.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:01:02 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: July 09, 2020, 02:01:44 am »

No.
No. No. No.
No.

That
thing is corrupt, or insane. Possibly both. It shows malice like that, and our first thought is to don it?
...perhaps we can find a way to sever "Lucille" from Empyreal control, instead. If anyone would know how, it's these folk.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: July 09, 2020, 02:07:25 am »

Really?  You'd prefer the traitor Lucile to a suit of unbound potential?  Are you... afraid?

Ask Murdach, if he's available, whether we can try on the suit.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: July 09, 2020, 02:16:57 am »

The young man raises a brow, then contacts Murdach via earpiece, stepping away. When he returns, he states, "If you survive, you can have it. It killed like three people -- he don't want it hauntin' his armory up." He grins a tight-lipped smile. "We haze newbies to the armory with it. Tell them to clean it. Have a laugh when it starts up and goes berserk."

Then, much more professionally, "If you try it on, you have to do it outside, with one of those naval cannons pointed at ya'. If you start actin' crazy, we'll have to put you down. He wants you to sign and blood a liability waver, too."

But, to satisfy your curiosity, he opens the pod again. The armor within is still active, but brooding. Lights like pupils fixate on you.

[19 vs 7] A fascination drives you to once again touch it -- perhaps its the scar across its breast that mirrors your own. You hand dances along the mark.

Do it. Do it. Doit.doitdoitdoitdoit. A speaker begins to hiss in an old, old twisted language that makes you grit your teeth. You translator isn't...isn't... Free me.

"Do you hear that?" You question the Armorer, who looks at you with confusion.

"It's jus' producin' static, like it always does when it gets riled up."

Do you try on the armor?

((Three votes still required))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:22:08 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: July 09, 2020, 02:21:49 am »

"[Become part of me, and I will become part of you.  If you try to break me, I will reduce you to ash.  Restrain yourself or never be free.]"

Try it on outside.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: July 09, 2020, 02:24:08 am »

This is... probably a very bad idea.

But I have a good feeling about this. I don't know why, but I think this will work.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: July 09, 2020, 02:37:49 am »

The young man takes a step back, looking very concerned, but doesn't speak when you whisper in High Empyreal. The armor doesn't speak either -- but a finger begins to tap out a gentle beat -- like the beating of your heart in the throes of your bloodlust. Like a drum. It taps. Tap-tap. Tap-tap. Tap-tap. Tap-tap-tap. Its fist curls, and it slams it down on the metal of the pod. Slam-slam. Slam-slam. Slam-slam -- then it stills.

((Two votes still required.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:39:41 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: July 09, 2020, 04:42:27 am »

I've got a bad feeling about that thing, but it you guys think it's worth trying on then I'm not going to stop you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: July 09, 2020, 04:43:40 am »

((One vote required..?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: July 09, 2020, 09:06:17 am »

Yes. “We shall free you from your prison, as you were freed from a mental one, you are now freed from a physical one too. Together we will end the Plague”
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 11:25:15 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 381