00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252256 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4320 on: July 04, 2020, 06:32:53 pm »

Do you think he would be satisfied with our assurance that we will defeat the Plague, or that we have defeated it when he arrives?  The planet means nothing to him.  He'll probably eliminate the biosphere just to be safe, as Fenrirs and Plague Lords are no joke.  SEED already "defeated" the Plague once, but it came back stronger.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: July 04, 2020, 06:53:07 pm »

"I...I am Pheobe Gainer. Pheonix of Sol. The Patchwork Girl. I'--"

"There's a start. Wonderful. You're on Mercenary's Rest, you've said?" Magnus questions, cutting you off.

You try to nod, and Lucille's gorget tightens around your neck. "Yes." You croak instead.

"Alphira used to own your body?

"Yes."

"Interesting. Very interesting. Tell me about your childhood? Do you remember it?"

"Just...bits and pieces. Dreams."

"Alphira is dead. Annoying, but likely. Now, here's what's going to happen to you. I'm not interested in weaklings and fledgelings. I'm not interested in scum like you. You've committed two mortal sins here, Pheobe Gainer, you didn't kneel -- and you wasted my time." He pauses, frowning. "How do you plead?"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:56:37 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 04, 2020, 06:56:20 pm »

((We did kneel?))

[-] You open your mouth to protest-- "Kneel!" The spikes in Lucille jam deep into your flesh, her plates threaten to break bone, and sharp shocks of pain lash every inch of you. You drop to your knee, as [NOBLE PRESENCE OVERRIDE] echoes in your brain. Fear makes your heart race -- but so does your anger. A steady beat, like a war march.

"[...that was your armor -- not your essence. Fascinating. You are not Alphira, but not Cephie. Tell me everything, before I shatter your spine.]"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: July 04, 2020, 07:03:13 pm »

((It was Lucille that kneeled, not us))
[I didn’t kneel, and I did waste time. I’m sorry about that. I was told you were after Alphira. Since Alphira’s dead, am I correct in thinking you’re not coming anymore?]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 04, 2020, 07:04:51 pm »

((That doesn't make sense.  He expected us to kneel of our own volition faster than Lucille made us kneel, which was almost instantaneous?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: July 04, 2020, 07:14:16 pm »

((He expected us to kneel ourselves, not Lucille doing the kneeling for us.))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: July 04, 2020, 07:16:34 pm »

"When do you expect me to kneel?"

"[As soon as you see me. The respect due to an Empyreal Noble.]"

"[I...I apologize. I did not understand...I'm sorry.]"

"Prostate yourself."

Your face slams into the carpeted floor as your body lays prone on the deck of the Voidcraft. "[And that's because I'm petty.]"

"[All I want to know -- if she's dead, are -- you still coming?]" You manage to growl through grated teeth. Your heart pounds like a war-drum, and its nearly all you can hear.

"[I need to confirm her death and take you into custody or kill you. So yes.]" He nods, pressing his hands together to gesture at you. "[Listen, little girl. I'll be merciful. I won't kill you right now. Instead, I'll lock your armor like that and put on a bit of torture. When I get to where you are in a decade or so, I'll let you free. If you're still sane.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: July 04, 2020, 07:22:04 pm »

This son of a bitch... if we make it out of here, Magnus will absolutely get his comeuppance, whatever it takes.  We're not Alphira, but apparently the Empyre still wants to prosecute us.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:33:27 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: July 04, 2020, 07:34:05 pm »

...no.
nonono.
nonononon̸o̴.̴
n̸o̵t̸ ̴o̵u̵r̷-̵0̴0̵ ̸d̸a̴u̸g̵h̸t̵e̴r̷.̶

rage.̷ ̴r̷a̸g̷e̴.̸ ̵r̵a̷ġ̵̶̵̱͉͝ȩ̸̶̷͖͂̔.̷̶̸̝̠͑͗ ̷̶̵͕͖̔̌r̷̵̷̘̄͐ͅa̵̶̴̭̲͊̈́-̸̶̶͎͕͆͠0̶̶̵̝̙̇̽0̸̷̸̡͍̿̔-̸̵̵͍͍̋̒g̴̸̷̦̍͑ͅe̴̴̶̡̬̅͠.̶̸̴̮͔̔̕--
F̸̗̕I̴͙͗R̷̖̍E̷̗̎.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Hotfire90

« Reply #4329 on: July 04, 2020, 07:39:52 pm »

Crap. We need give Magnus a reason to let us go. Mentioning the Plague seems like our best chance at self-preservation.

[You can't, without my leadership the Plague will consume this planet. There are at least 4 Ascended present on this planet, along with several voidships. If the Plague is not contained, it will be free to spread elsewhere.]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: July 04, 2020, 07:52:06 pm »

Let's see if we can give him a good reason before we attempt to brute force the armor.  Of course, this action means we're going all-in, as Magnus absolutely must be killed or deterred for the planet to survive if he has this information.

Crap. We need give Magnus a reason to let us go. Mentioning the Plague seems like our best chance at self-preservation.

[You can't, without my leadership the Plague will consume this planet. There are at least 4 Ascended present on this planet, along with several voidships. If the Plague is not contained, it will be free to spread elsewhere.]
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: July 04, 2020, 07:57:37 pm »

[1/1d50]
You feel a burst of rage from an ancestor -- the drums intensify. Bloodlust, like an old friend, wraps its arms around you. Your claw of fire bursts from your left shoulder, incinerating the carpet. Your wings flare to life. You devour the air and the moisture, filling the room with heat and fire. It burns bright red, a harsh glow of reflected light.

You do not feel the pain, even as you use your claw to rip piece after piece from Lucille. You do not feel the savage welts and lacerations you make. You do not smell the burning of your flesh and the floor around you. Nor do you cry out when you pull Lucille's spikes from your bones. There is nothing -- nothing but this minute of blood and pain. You gaze doesn't waver from Magnus, your anger doesn't falter, and it drives you to pull yourself free of Lucille, splattering the room in your own blood as you drag your shredded body to the terminal.

[48 vs 5]
"No. You can't-- The Plague --" You begin to murmur, swaying, unfocused -- lost in rage. "These people...need me."

"[You said your name was Pheonix Sol? Which do you prefer? Patches, Pheonix, or Pheobe? It doesn't matter -- I'm coming to kill you. Not Alphira. You.]" He's smiling, his eyes are all alight with joy, and he begins to squeeze his palms together. "[Get stronger! This is going to be so much fun! You're insane! That murderous intent -- that bloodlust! Oh Cephie is going to get a reward for this! I know that oily little cannibal is nearby. CEPHIE. ENTER.

[16] The door gives a beep, and Cephie stiffly enters with a grit of her teeth. She goes pale when she sees you, her eyes widening in shock. Her lips purse, her breath deepens.

"You did well! I'll wire a reward to your family this instant -- I'll give you more when I fight her!"

"Let me go...I ca--don't leave me here."

"You!" You growl through a bleeding throat -- KILL. Kill...kilkilillkill.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:00:47 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: July 04, 2020, 08:02:57 pm »

---
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: July 04, 2020, 08:05:38 pm »

End the transmission.  Heal.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: July 04, 2020, 08:07:13 pm »

I don’t like that this has to be done...Cephie swore an oath to us. Magnus is the target
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 381