00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252408 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4245 on: July 02, 2020, 12:13:26 am »

["What do you think of something like this?"]

["Until such time as the Plague is eliminated on this planet, you and your crew will agree to provide lethal military aid to defend against the enemies of the Line of Sol, both foreign and domestic, including but not limited to the Plague.  You will also surrender 50% of the value of the salable goods on this vessel for the purposes of purchasing additional military aid and financing infrastructure improvements.  In return, the state will make every effort to repair your ship, guarantee you and your crew a fair wage when an economy is established (with back wages paid at that time as well), and the state will also repay you before the end of your service for the seized goods.  If you would like to settle down here in peacetime, I will provide you and your crew with generous plots of land."] 

["Is that asking for too much or too little?"]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:28:18 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: July 02, 2020, 07:15:56 am »

Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: July 02, 2020, 08:58:42 pm »

["It sounds fair to me. He'll have to get approval from his people-- and you should let a team of bookkeepers do the fine details, but as a statement of intent, it's a start. I'd advise salable goods to be goods kept in the common trust -- he doesn't have control over people's personal finance and property as a Captain."]

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: July 02, 2020, 09:50:43 pm »

Excellent-- time to put the matter to speech, then. The Doctor's words will do fine, with a brief addendum to define what's "salable".
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: July 02, 2020, 09:51:40 pm »

How does this sound?

["Thanks, Cephie."]

"Captain, what do you think of these terms?  This isn't the contract in full so much as a statement of intent to be fleshed out later.  Feel free to take some time to get approval from your crew."

"Until such time as the Plague is eliminated on this planet, you and your crew will agree to provide lethal military aid to defend against the enemies of the Line of Sol, both foreign and domestic, including but not limited to the Plague.  You will also surrender 50% of the value of the  goods kept in the common trust on this vessel for the purposes of purchasing additional military aid and financing infrastructure improvements.  In return, the state will make every effort to repair your ship, guarantee you and your crew a fair wage when an economy is established (with back wages paid at that time as well), and the state will also repay you before the end of your service for the seized goods.  If you would like to settle down here in peacetime, I will provide you and your crew with generous plots of land."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: July 02, 2020, 09:58:47 pm »

How does this sound?

["Thanks, Cephie."]

"Captain, what do you think of these terms?  This isn't the contract in full so much as a statement of intent to be fleshed out later.  Feel free to take some time to get approval from your crew."

"Until such time as the Plague is eliminated on this planet, you and your crew will agree to provide lethal military aid to defend against the enemies of the Line of Sol, both foreign and domestic, including but not limited to the Plague.  You will also surrender 50% of the value of the  goods kept in the common trust on this vessel for the purposes of purchasing additional military aid and financing infrastructure improvements.  In return, the state will make every effort to repair your ship, guarantee you and your crew a fair wage when an economy is established (with back wages paid at that time as well), and the state will also repay you before the end of your service for the seized goods.  If you would like to settle down here in peacetime, I will provide you and your crew with generous plots of land."

We’ll need to unfreeze the crew

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: July 02, 2020, 10:05:18 pm »

It's his ship, so I think we should leave him to decide when to unfeeeze them and discuss the offer.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 02, 2020, 10:06:36 pm »

["Thanks, Cephie."]

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 02, 2020, 10:13:12 pm »

"Mineral and Energy claims and rights would sweeten the pot, so to speak-- I'm not planning on fleecing ya'll, but we'll need those too."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:29 pm »

"Mineral and Energy claims and rights would sweeten the pot, so to speak-- I'm not planning on fleecing ya'll, but we'll need those too."
we will give them too. The goal is plague elimination, ideally while keeping the rest of the biosphere intact

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 02, 2020, 10:16:34 pm »

Hold on, energy and mineral claims for the entire planet?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 02, 2020, 10:23:29 pm »

["A percentage or a notable region of concentration. He might have planet survey data we don't ...Which means it's valuable. Otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up...but he's trading in good faith by not worming it into the final contract. SEEDed planets are usually very close to Old Earth's, if not paradise worlds. SEEDs are very precise like that."]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 02, 2020, 10:26:55 pm »

["Would 25% of all energy and minerals be a decent offer?"  We could haggle with him a bit."]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 02, 2020, 10:29:51 pm »

["Statement of intent -- Let the bookies figure out the math. Ask for data. It would make the trading fair."]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 02, 2020, 10:31:48 pm »

["Got it."]

"Can you provide the planet survey data?  I would be fine with that request, but let's share information so that the deal can be worked out in good faith."
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 381