00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252449 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4110 on: June 22, 2020, 09:35:35 pm »

Zero quietly schedules the event for tomorrow morning, at ten hundred hours. Lucille goes silent as you continue to lay in bed. Part of you wants to go and have a shower. Go and apologize for your outburst to Cephie, Emma, and William. But, to be honest, you're still not quite feeling up to it. It felt like an ambush. A sudden misdirection and attack at a moment when you were already vulnerable. You shake your head.

You end up staying in bed for most of the night, until Lucille informs you that the meeting is in an hour. Temptation strikes once again, as you ignore the time over and over again. In the end, you don't shower or change. Instead you drag yourself out of bed in full panoply and stride to the elevator.

You're late by about fifteen minutes.

Minister of State: Dan Hoganson Present
Minister of Religion: Lacey Sterling Present
Minister of Agriculture: Mickey MacGruder Present
Minister of Industry: Nettle Armssmith Present
Head Guardian: Lauren Mack Present
Crusader General: Isela Tabbet Present
Minister of Internal Affairs: William Thornton Present
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Tiffany Mellone Present
Minister of Trade and Finance: Lawrence Geoyde Present
Minister of Communications, Regent: Emeralda Thornton Present
Minister of Health: Val Foster Present

Acting Secretary: Child of SEED Three
Acting Executor: Child of SEED Zero
Notable Guests:Eric Applegate (Guest of Isela), Nicole Gainer (self-invited, vouched for by Emeralda Thornton)
Security Force: Thirteen Heavy Crusaders

Your councilors rise when you swing the double doors open and mount the staircase. You drop into your chair and set your helmet on the table, resting your head on your gloved hand. You do not tell them to take a seat, or dismiss them from their bow.  Instead, you contemplate your copy of attendance with a dull, disinterested look. Emma is the first to take a seat, and the rest take a cue.

"I was told this was a council of war?" Isela questions, stretching out in her seat.

"Nah, you got it all wrong Isela. It's a chance for Pheonix to scowl at all of us!" William calls out, playfully, flashing you a grin you do not return.

A Crusader approaches your shoulder, a probe of willpower letting you know it's Cephie. The rest move towards her -- but you raise a hand as she slips off her helmet, revealing a young woman you don't recognize. She gently taps your willpower -- transmitting quiet concern, but doesn't speak.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:48:40 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: June 22, 2020, 10:20:26 pm »

"First of all, for those of you who were present, I apologize for my earlier outburst.  Let's put that behind us.  For now, I would like to discuss an aggressive plan of action for assaulting the Plague. What is the largest scale assault possible, in the near short-term, that wouldn't entirely deplete our resources?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: June 22, 2020, 11:15:58 pm »

[11 vs 8]I'm not apologizing.

"I would like to discuss an aggressive plan of action for an offensive action against the Plague. What is the largest scale of assault possible in the short-term? Any plans that wouldn't deplete our resources?"

Silence fills the room as those assembled consider the resources at their disposal. Isela is grinning, gesturing to Eric, who brings her a thick folder, filled with crumpled and recycled paper. Nicole smiles, shifting forward and lifting a hand above her chest. Hoganson gestures for your attention as well. You listen to each in turn--

"Currently, we are stripping down one of the largest hydrogen fueled hovercraft that we have. We intend to outfit it much like the Levithan. However, as we are low on guns, cannons, and artillery pieces, we would need time. There's also the issue of armor -- our current technology does not allow us to manufacture lighter than steel composites, and our bioplastic production is at record low. If we could increase our fuel economy, we could create a mobile forward assault base by putting a hydrogen plant on the vessel."

"You should look into Carbon Fiber." William states, bluntly, looking towards Cephie with a crooked grin. Cephie twitches-- her willpower lashes out at him, but he grins and bears it. The other councilors shift uncomfortably with the invisible exchange in front of you. You do not intercede -- it's the equivalent of a mock slap-fight between children.

"I have a gift for Pheonix, my darling grandchild, that I believe could put more firepower in our hands. However, I do not wish to share this information publically. A gift for my rescue from those damn Outlanders." Nicole states, gently. The word 'bribe' never once being stated, despite the obvious implication. Isela and Minister Mellone flash sharp looks at Nicole, but do not comment.

"I have already stated an idea I had to Pheonix. She should make a decision before our public announcements -- otherwise, we may seem to be at our most vulnerable." Hoganson states.

"I concur with Hoganson. His previously stated plan could give us a lot more manpower." Emma calmly announces.

"I've been in contact with a few Outlander clans. For the right price, they would be willing to fight as outriders and scouts. A powerful figure --" Mellone pauses, scratching at her face, "Wishes for an audience. He has many troops. Apparently he even has a few hovercrafts and a city under his rule."

"A city? Outside of SEED's grace?!" Lacey calls out, shocked, and appalled by the implication, "Even the youngest children know that the Outlands are a wretched, horrible place, devoid of farmland and any food. How can there be a city? You must be joking dear -- or being mislead. Such a city would be heretical. No Outlander could construct such things."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: June 22, 2020, 11:28:08 pm »

"All are capable of redemption, even those that have chosen to reject our sacred state.  Minister Hoganson's plan is approved, as long as full, indefinite military support is a stipulation.  I will meet with the heretic as well.  Minister Mellone, what sort of payment would the clans accept for military service?  Gold?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: June 22, 2020, 11:46:59 pm »

"What payments would those clans accept for military service? Gold? Jade?" You question, hesitating to grant the Families such power without the consent of another of your Line.

"If the [Khagnate] wills it and accepts you, they will work for free. The Outlanders are a practical folk. Gold and Jade they enjoy for ornamentation, but guns and pasture are far more valuable. Protection without conversion is another form of pa-"

"Those Heretics WILL NOT receive any protection. They shunned our people, our ways. Heretics that refuse to bend the knee and lift up Pheonix's name to the stars--" Minister Sterling begins to preach, voice full of fire and wrath only for Nicole to swiftly interrupt her with a dark look and even darker words.

"Your beliefs override the wishes of your God? You are one of the worst kinds of preachers, Sister Sterling, if you believe that. Preachers of that sort were usually struck down by SEED with mishaps or death." Nicole's delivery is calm, but her words are as sharp as a knife. They deflate Lacey Sterling in an instant, and she looks to you with momentary fear.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: June 23, 2020, 12:05:45 am »

It looks like Nicole successfully dealt with Sterling, but officially we cannot appear to condone threats against our ministers.

"Let me make this clear.  Everyone here is safe and I value your opinions.  Please do not threaten harm upon another, even obliquely, while we are gathered here like this.  Minister Mellone, Can you tell me more about the [Khagnate]?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:59:17 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: June 23, 2020, 02:36:16 am »

I think she was stating history that happened, not necessarily threatening her

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: June 23, 2020, 02:38:54 am »

But why was she stating that history?  It was to intimidate Sterling by implying that she could suffer a similar fate if she continued to resist.

((Am I correct in thinking we have reclaimed all of our former territories? The holdings section simply says this: "SEED Holy Land."))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:57:38 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: June 23, 2020, 05:07:51 am »

((Yes. There are still insurgents, but, officially, you are in full control of what remains of the Holy Land of SEED, which is to say, what is shown on the map-- which will be updated shortly. I'm also going to try something new...))

Nicole bows after your gentle reproach. Minister Sterling turns away from the two to murmur to her neighbor, Minister Armsmith -- with her attention diverted, you give Nicole a subtle wink. Emma seems to notice, and grins at the display.

"I apologize. SEED has left you in charge. It's the old Crusader in me, I suppose. Apologies, Sister Sterling. I spoke too sharply." Nicole dips her head to Minister Sterling.

[20]"From what my spies have gathered -- or been allowed to gather, is that he is roughly fifty years old. He's united a vast number of clans in the crater plains. He recently finished construction on a central capital within the plains -- apparently, they've started farming a type of grain that grows well in that area." Mellone glances down at a document. "He has spies within the Holy Land, and is a cruel and cunning leader." Mellone looks embarrassed, then glances to you. With a hand, she gestures for a Crusader to approach and pass you a document.

She's summarized it well, but she left one thing out.

The [Khaganate] wishes to unify with the Holy Land -- through marriage. With you.

[1] Your control briefly falters, and the document bursts into flame in an instant.

"...We'll discuss this later." You state, quietly, as paper ash tumbles down to the table. "That was a copy, I hope."

Minister Mellone gives a small, tight nod.

Proposition One: 0 votes
Repurposing one of the massive evacuation hovercraft into a forward command base to strike at the Plague within the next three months. It is to be outfitted with cannons, a solar-powered hydrogen plant, heavy armor, and everything an army might need. William suggested Cephie use her willpower to plate it with carbon fiber, to give it better defenses at a reduced weight.

Proposition Two: 0 votes
The [Khagnate] of the Outlands is requesting you visit him for an audience. According to your information, he seeks an alliance through marriage.

Proposition Three: 1 vote
Hoganson and Emma are pushing for a deal with the Families. The Families will provide war material, soldiers, and funds, but want increased politcal powers and self-governence.  However, they remain vague on the details.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:10:34 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: June 23, 2020, 07:26:41 am »

I like the sounds of proposal 1 and 3, but I think proposal 2 isn't as good since its about marrying some guy we don't know anything about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: June 23, 2020, 08:59:06 am »

Can we carry out more than one of these proposals at once?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: June 23, 2020, 10:34:22 am »

I vote yes on propositions 1, 2, and 3.

"Is it possible that some of the machinery in the Bioplastics 1 district and Hydrogen-Purification 1 district survived the explosion?  If so, could we recover that equipment to help with our bioplastic shortage and fuel efficiency problems?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:43:39 am by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: June 23, 2020, 10:50:40 am »

A hovercraft on that scale would be... a [double-edged sword]. Of great utility in combat, but devastating if captured by the [Plague].
(William's "suggestion" strikes me almost as a joke-- but I wonder. Might Cephie have some insight as to the mundane production of such plate? It wouldn't hurt to ask, once the council proper disbands for the day.)

We are not marrying into the [Khaganate]. It'd still be worth hearing him out, in hopes of hitting upon some alternative or other.

I'm inclined to support Hoganson's proposition-- but first, I should like him to lay out exactly what powers he expects the Families to receive, in exchange for their autonomy. The deal's uncomfortably vague as things stand.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: June 23, 2020, 10:57:27 am »

I vote for proposals 1, 2, and 3

I think if there were bioplastics left, they would have been taken by various groups already

Hotfire90

« Reply #4124 on: June 23, 2020, 11:18:59 am »

A combination of proposal 1 and 3 seem like the best option. The hovercraft command base would be highly useful in coordinating a large scale assault on plague territory and providing fire support for the ground troops as well as providing assistance in taking out colossi.

Marrying the outlander could cause issues with stability, Emma is still our official consort and the outlanders don't worship us, it would weaken Emma's authority and could cause religious conflict between our theocratic fortress state and the outlander [khagnate].

Voting for proposal 1 and 3.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 381