00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252193 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3750 on: May 18, 2020, 05:28:43 pm »

"SEED was a being beyond the understanding of man. She was all-knowing, kind, and strong. She blessed this world, and the people fortunate enough to live here, and granted them a path into Paradise. Do not speak ill of our God, who sacrificed herself for our survival, but instead marvel at her love and wisdom." You pronounce, serenely, staring into Eric's eyes. He deflates a little, believing you-- but you don't let up. Instead, you straighten up, letting your willpower lash out.

[17+5] vs [7+1] Isela looks pale and Eric-- Eric looks like you just punched him in the face. He takes a step back.

[18 vs 1] "Do you know better than a God, Eric?" You take a step forward, unfurling your wings. Your voice is soft, but you're sure its the only thing Eric can hear as he sags. "I am the flame of Old Sol. I lived ten lives -- and in all of them, I've bled enough to make your suffering seem as nothing. Do not challenge my divine will, Eric. Kneel."

His legs give out from under him -- and you step closer, smiling, reveling in your own strength. "...And Eric? If you ever lay a hand on me again, in hostility, I will grind every bone in your arm to dust."

Eric can only nod -- and you give him a gentle pat on the face. You contain your will, your wings, staring down at the man. Isela looks concerned -- surprised, but not angry, not fearful. Curious.

"I-I'm sorry. Sorry, Mother Pheonix. I...I forgot my place. I didn't understand--" Eric hangs his head, "Please forgive me."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 18, 2020, 05:37:05 pm »

"I forgive you child. We all make mistakes, but no one is beyond redemption. Isela, I will leave you some time to consider what I said and how that should affect our strategy against the plague, but for now, what is your assessment of the situation at Steelworks Number Nine?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 18, 2020, 05:39:23 pm »

Didn’t we ask her for the assessment of Steelworks 9 already? Or was that something else?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 18, 2020, 05:41:46 pm »

She mentioned that we were fighting insurrectionists in steelworks eight and nine, but I wanted a more detailed explanation of what is happening there and how strong our enemies are. I'd also like to put this encounter back on track after that digression.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 18, 2020, 06:04:41 pm »

Oh, ok
"I forgive you child. We all make mistakes, but no one is beyond redemption. Isela, I will leave you some time to consider what I said and how that should affect our strategy against the plague, but for now, what is your assessment of the situation at Steelworks Number Nine?"
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 18, 2020, 06:32:24 pm »

"Um--Um yeah, right -- I don't know." Isela replies, bluntly after her recovery. "I only know there's conflict down there. Something about Outlanders seizing the city from Mother Nicole? It's pretty brutal urban combat, but William's Warmachines are down there handling it."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: May 18, 2020, 06:38:46 pm »

"Would you recommend that I participate in that, or would I be most useful elsewhere?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 18, 2020, 06:53:26 pm »

"I don't know. Like I said, Emma and William aren't saying much about it." Isela shrugs a shoulder. "Can't quite advise on a situation I have no control over."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 18, 2020, 07:00:09 pm »

"Odd. You should definitely be kept in the loop, as this is your job. I'll talk to William and Emma about it. For now, you are both dismissed. Thank you for your duty."

Take a moment to assess our injuries. Are we in fighting shape? If not, is it something that healing factor could fix?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 18, 2020, 07:43:00 pm »

"I don't know. Like I said, Emma and William aren't saying much about it." Isela shrugs a shoulder. "Can't quite advise on a situation I have no control over."

Isn't that what advisors are for? Except us, naturally.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 18, 2020, 07:44:32 pm »

Perhaps she means that she doesn't have enough information? She could also be attempting to increase her personal power.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 19, 2020, 12:25:28 am »

Oh geez, a lot has changed. She may try to increase personal power, but I don't think she's that kind of person. Maybe she's trying to get us to trust her and slowly sabotage us? Couldn't we sense things with our will like lying? We can use that if we suspect something is up.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 19, 2020, 01:09:30 am »

Divinity by agony. Clever. Very fitting.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 19, 2020, 04:30:57 am »

"Odd. You should definitely be kept in the loop, as this is your job. I'll talk to William and Emma about it. For now, you are both dismissed. Thank you for your duty."

Take a moment to assess our injuries. Are we in fighting shape? If not, is it something that healing factor could fix?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: May 19, 2020, 07:23:33 am »

+1
I agree with the assessing of injuries, but Emma and William might not know much either. To my knowledge, we, Emma, nor William can read thoughts. “Thank you. I will go there soon and assist where needed. You are dismissed for now.”
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 381