00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252038 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3660 on: May 15, 2020, 11:37:39 am »

I will mention this -- the Crusaders constantly lose limbs when they are hit. Many, many of the deaths in this war are a result of someone getting a glancing blow from an abomination -- and it starts to turn grey. 'SEED's benediction' is another name for chop my corpse into pieces before I turn into an abomination.

A barker bites. It is a bad idea to take the field against the Plague with Mitch.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: May 15, 2020, 11:39:15 am »

That. This war is a meat grinder-- I'm uneasy about fielding something we care about.
Is Mitch immune to Plague infection? Are we going to have to put down our own dog?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: May 15, 2020, 11:39:43 am »

Even if it would be too dangerous for Mitch to face the plague, there will come a day when we are fighting other enemies. I can't wrap my head around the idea of getting rid of a valuable resource for no reason.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: May 15, 2020, 11:42:27 am »

So said "valuable resource" can spend its days guarding someone dear to us. Is that without merit?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: May 15, 2020, 11:46:17 am »

I would rather have it guarding us. The Thorntons are on our side for now, but that doesn't mean they will be forever. They are a ruthless criminal family with designs on spreading to the stars.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: May 15, 2020, 11:51:44 am »

Just as an aside -- you're currently the 'daughter' of the most wanted Pirates in the entire galaxy. Her father is singlehandedly responsible for ushering in an Empyre wide 'Age of Piracy'. She was wanted for killing millions if not hundreds of millions of people. You're currently impersonating a god. Your entire Line after Naturegirl consists of malcontents and freedom seekers.

A family that does gun running and drug smuggling isn't that -bad- in the grand scheme of the Empyre. That family's previous prosperity was insured by you killing a rival family off for them...and you've ascended two of their members as your kindred. A straight and narrow path...is kinda hard to walk at this point. Especially if you chose to make an enemy of the Nobles in the endgame.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: May 15, 2020, 11:59:35 am »

Look, there's no reason to start ignoring Mitch. Fine, Emma can keep it for now I suppose, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore him.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: May 15, 2020, 12:01:03 pm »

((I'm unclear on this - are the Thorntons Empyreal Nobles.))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:04:57 am by Eschar »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: May 15, 2020, 12:07:03 pm »

((No. We gave blood to Emma and William to keep them alive))

I don;t see the problem with Mitch staying with Emma. We have a war to fight. Anyway, we should be thinking about what to say during the speech

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: May 15, 2020, 12:16:12 pm »

((We really should have a wiki or something.))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:05:05 am by Eschar »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: May 15, 2020, 12:26:18 pm »

Nah, Local Nobles who picked up gunrunning and drug trafficking. They were also in charge of a vast majority of legal Chemical trades, thanks to you.

["Emma out."] Is all she replies, and you finish off the plate of curried beans on rice. The Automaton takes the plate, and Cephie gives you a nod as you make to leave.

"Don't be a stranger! I had fun last night." She calls after you, as you take unsteady steps out on to the landing pads. First things first -- finding and petting Mitch. Playing with the beast is out of the question. He enjoys physical activities more than anything, and you've the feeling that might rip open your chest --

Speaking of which...

[10][12] You wince as some of your inner flesh and organs work themselves back together, having to come to a lean on a hovercraft as the pain nearly forces you into unconsciousness. You take a deep breath, feeling your insides settle themselves more comfortably against real flesh instead of carbon mesh. The wound across your chest, across your muscles, is still there, but you feel more steady.

Mitch's room, you come to learn, has not been moved. You also find out that she's assigned Thornton servants to bring him food and clean up after him. You head to the room in question, finding Mitch laying on a mattress, chewing on a nutrient cube. Two strong-looking young men lounge nearby. They dip their heads politely, before returning to enjoy what looks like a makeshift game of cards. Mitch finishes eating before he bounds over to you. He's up to your thigh now, with feet two sizes too big for his body. His eyes, you note, have turned a pale shade of blue. His fur, as well, is changing colors -- a rusty red merging with the natural colors of the wall. The pattern swirls around him.

He's also starting to drool everywhere -- and after a playful nip of your hand that draws blood, he contents himself with being pet.

You end up petting him for a while, looking out the great window that faces a cliff. It's not the best view, of course, but there's sunlight for him to lounge in. He chews on a few bones that lay scattered around, crunching down hard on them with his teeth, devouring marrow and fragment alike.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:33:32 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: May 15, 2020, 12:32:08 pm »

((Should the Ties tab still list Emma as lover or just consort?))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:06:47 am by Eschar »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: May 15, 2020, 12:32:46 pm »

((I have no clue what you're talking about shushhhhh))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: May 15, 2020, 12:34:53 pm »

What do we say dur9ng the speech? ‘Despite rumors, I’m still alive and still going to fight with you against the plague”, “I have survived and am healing”, speeches tend to be longer than a few sentences, can others help think of things to say?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: May 15, 2020, 12:39:28 pm »

Metaphors are always nice. "The light of a star cannot be so easily extinguished," "I was reborn once from fire and flame, and now, from the ashes of our enemies, reduced to cinders in the furnace of battle, I have emerged again," etc.

"Good boy, Mitch. Protect Emma and her family always, okay?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:40:20 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 381