00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251850 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3495 on: May 12, 2020, 02:57:26 pm »

You speak as if you had experienced these things yourself. Are you Alphira, then? Alphira and Phoenix both?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: May 12, 2020, 03:00:44 pm »

I consumed her. Memories and all, while she slept. I am her -- and the interface -- but I reject who they were. My kind would consider my existence an abomination for this. I consider myself finally whole.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: May 12, 2020, 03:09:59 pm »

The background never specified about how I fought the plague over at the rimward stars.
The skies above worlds streaked with fire as you and the Eldest did battle with another of your infected siblings. You struck him down, but not before he cleaved you apart with stolen light.
I can only assume that my siblings and I did an oritbal bomardment of those planet surfaces while sending down empyreal to clean up the mess.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 12, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »

And so it was.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: May 12, 2020, 03:26:01 pm »

"As far as the therapy is concerned, I would like you to work with me to identify what actions cause me anxiety related to the plague on a scale from one to ten. One might be thinking about the plague and ten might be being overwhelmed by abominations in battle, for example."

"At that point, I would like you to expose me to the anxiogenic situations, starting with the ones. I will record the level of my anxiety and how long it takes for that anxiety to dissipate. Once I've done this repeatedly, and the level of anxiety and time required to reduce it is lessened signficiantly, we will move on to more difficult exposures."

"The idea is that I will learn coping strategies through repeated practice that will help me tolerate the effects of psychosis. Combine this with regular doses of antipsychotics."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: May 12, 2020, 03:29:35 pm »

It will be, er, rather difficult for Silas to expose us in a controlled environment to situations that rate a ten.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: May 12, 2020, 03:31:50 pm »

Ten situations are the most extreme possible, and we will probably not attempt to address those extremes.  Treatment may end at the 8s or 9s.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: May 12, 2020, 03:48:07 pm »

I take it this is your-- ah-- "cognitive behavioral therapy"?
It all sounds faintly ridiculous... but then, I was never much of a healer. If this is the way that minds are made whole, then (at the discretion of our host) so be it.

This won't be sufficient to heal the [plague] damage, mind: there's an [infection] in us needs purging. We may want to let Silas interrogate one or two of the Crusaders as to this "nightmare" after all.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: May 12, 2020, 04:31:54 pm »

More or less. The literature suggests that these approaches are generally successful, but this is sort of a novel situation. We'll see how it goes.

[Lucille, do you have radio jamming capabilities?]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: May 12, 2020, 04:36:25 pm »

[13]"I can try my best. That sounds... familiar." Silas, scratches at his chin, watching the rat. The glass cracks again, and he switched on a button. A liquid pours into the glass container. The rat hisses as it begins to melt-- finally sinking beneath the surface as it tries to tread the liquid.

"Ah. It was from that cube. I think it was called a cognitive rehabilitation and programming pod. It was advised to be used with the Loom."

[9] You remember such a pod-- you spent as much time as possible in one during your youth upon the station, availing yourself to the combat simulations. Most long term ships have one -- entertainment and education rolled into one.

[Only for your personal radio connections.]

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:53:39 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: May 12, 2020, 04:44:24 pm »

Producing one of those should be a priority, then. It sounds like an expedited manner of carrying out this treatment and may be useful for our soldiers as well.

"[Zero, in order to aid my treatment, I need a cognitive rehabilitation and programming pod. Please let the Ministry of Technology know, or forward my request to Emma, if necessary.]"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: May 12, 2020, 04:54:41 pm »

["We should be able to build and program one within ten years."]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: May 12, 2020, 04:56:55 pm »

"[That's not a great timeline... hold off for now.]"

"I've been informed that the creation of the pod could take up to ten years. For now, we will need to carry out the treatment manually... probably."

[Lucile, are you capable of simulating a cognitive rehabilitation and programming pod?]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:00:22 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: May 12, 2020, 06:00:07 pm »

[...No.]

"Ah. Okay then. I'll try to come up with something." Silas murmurs, rubbing at the back of his head.

[20]Cephelia might have one -- if a ship has cryopods, it has one of those pods. Otherwise, it would be impossible to maintain said ship.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:08:23 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: May 12, 2020, 06:11:22 pm »

Excellent, let's try that. I suppose we should apologize to her as well.

"[Cephie, can I speak to you for a moment? I'd like to ask you something and apologize for my earlier behavior.]"
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 381