00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 242493 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2020, 08:41:22 pm »

Wow... I was really expecting more from these guys.

A combination of gloriously lucky rolls and preexisting circumstances, methinks! I'm quite pleased. :))

Should we just cut the cables or sabotage the power source, or continue with the explosive?

I'm just gonna roll with the explosive plan, since we have to shoot off a flare gun anyway-- we can use the blast to cover our escape.

Tentative plan:

Keep to the shadows. Make our way slow and careful-like to the AA gun, keeping a close eye on any nearby guards (and the cannon operator); if one should happen to sight us, shoot him down before he can react. Place our det-pack somewhere it'll wreck the cannon real good, set its detonation timer to perhaps 60 seconds, and return to the spot of wall we scaled just now.

When the explosive goes off, assuming it totals the gun as it's supposed to, consider: are we close enough to the center of the compound to shoot down the guards with any modicum of accuracy? If so, do-- go full-auto on their sorry hides while they're distracted, then shoot off the flare-gun once they're dead and climb back out of the compound! If not, just use the distraction of the explosion to shoot off our flare-gun and make our climb.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2020, 08:45:48 pm »

Wow... I was really expecting more from these guys.

A combination of gloriously lucky rolls and preexisting circumstances, methinks! I'm quite pleased. :))

Should we just cut the cables or sabotage the power source, or continue with the explosive?

I'm just gonna roll with the explosive plan, since we have to shoot off a flare gun anyway-- we can use the blast to cover our escape.

Tentative plan:

Keep to the shadows. Make our way slow and careful-like to the AA gun, keeping a close eye on any nearby guards (and the cannon operator); if one should happen to sight us, shoot him down before he can react. Place our det-pack somewhere it'll wreck the cannon real good, set its detonation timer to perhaps 60 seconds, and return to the spot of wall we scaled just now.

When the explosive goes off, assuming it totals the gun as it's supposed to, consider: are we close enough to the center of the compound to shoot down the guards with any modicum of accuracy? If so, do-- go full-auto on their sorry hides while they're distracted, then shoot off the flare-gun once they're dead and climb back out of the compound! If not, just use the distraction of the explosion to shoot off our flare-gun and make our climb.

+1

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2020, 08:58:29 pm »

Are we sure this is the right place lol.

Are we sure these guys are the ones the interrogation gave us?

Maybe set the explosive for a long time, it doesn't need to go off until later.  Then go into the house and see if we can get some information or see who is around.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2020, 08:59:12 pm »

Sabatoge the power source
Could we shove the cannoneer inside the cannon and shoot it at the power source? Killing two birds with one stone

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2020, 09:36:02 pm »

[-] You hesitate before unleashing hell on this seemingly unsuspecting compound. There's minimal amounts of compounds in the area, the town is about an hour's walk away from here...but the Villa that the Moore Family was supposed to be headquartered in was supposed to be in town, wasn't it? But William sent you in this direction, however, and showed extensive intel on this compound in general.

[2] The cannon is, unfortunately, not big enough to shove someone into. It also doesn't have the ability to shoot at anything lower than the horizon. You could probably use it to destroy several buildings if you so choose, but aiming it downward to shoot at people would be a difficult task.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2020, 09:38:01 pm »

Take a look at the guards.  What do they seem to have for weapons and armor?

We may need to perform some interrogation to determine what is going on here.  Very strange.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2020, 09:44:16 pm »

[14+5] This is indeed a Moore compound. A large 'M' is painted in gold on the reactor and adorns some of the less drunken soldier's greatcoats. Most have rifles, some have shotguns, but all of them have at least las-pistols. You notice one gentlewoman drinking from a clear bottle, sitting next to a squad-based machine gun of conventional design.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:53:42 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:13 pm »

I'm not sure that we should just unload on these guys.  It looks like they could do some damage.  Should we perform the assassinations first, perhaps after disabling the cannon's power source, and then deal with the cannon in a more permanent fashion as a parting gift (only if circumstances allow)?  We could then use the flare and get out of here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:03:00 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2020, 10:09:34 pm »

I'm not sure that we should just unload on these guys.  It looks like they could do some damage.  Should we perform the assassinations first, perhaps after disabling the cannon's power source, and then deal with the cannon in a more permanent fashion as a parting gift (only if circumstances allow)?  We could then use the flare and get out of here.
wjat if we aim the cannon straight up, allowing it to effectively shoot itself? Let’s assassinate then deal with the oiwer

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2020, 10:25:25 pm »

Best we keep to our assigned task, methinks-- partly for the air support, and partly to demonstrate to the Thorntons that if need be, we can get a job done fast. We're here mostly to prove ourselves, after all.

Still, I suppose it would be rather reckless to just open fire on an entire contingent of guards...

Revised plan:

When the explosive goes off (assuming it totals the gun as it's supposed to), shoot off the flare-gun and make our climb.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2020, 10:39:37 pm »

If we shoot down one that recognizes us, we will immediately be fighting the whole contingent, though, assuming they don't run away.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »

Revised plan:

When the explosive goes off (assuming it totals the gun as it's supposed to), shoot off the flare-gun and make our climb.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2020, 03:29:17 am »

Wouldn't it be safer if we killed the people we came to kill first then blow up the gun?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2020, 03:53:17 am »

The GM said the equivalent of "are you sure?" when we were about to engage, so something's up.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2020, 10:27:02 am »

I randomly say that at times to keep you on your toes. Sorry about the update delay!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 381