00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252135 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3075 on: April 29, 2020, 10:13:09 pm »

"The outlanders."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 29, 2020, 10:23:11 pm »

"The mineral economy was what tied them to SEED. Otherwise, they are completely self-sufficient. They're superstitious, having a wide pantheon of gods of different names...you could manipulate them into service that way. They're also quite martial, as expected when they have to protect themselves against the harshness of the Eastern plains. However, honor is not as important as being clever."

Cephie looks up at you. "If they feel slighted, they do not hesitate to go back on their dealings."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:27:43 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 29, 2020, 10:28:12 pm »

"That seems like a sensible way to do things. Can you look into which god of theirs I might most closely resemble?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 29, 2020, 10:32:43 pm »

"You resemble a demon." Cephie giggles. "And they consider SEED another, a two-faced temptress for comfort opposed to adventure and freedom. An oppressor built on the bodies of the soft. Not surprising, since they're descended from escaped debt-slaves, freedom seekers and SEED heretics."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 29, 2020, 10:34:29 pm »

That doesn't sound like particularly fertile ground for compromise.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 29, 2020, 10:44:01 pm »

"If you're not part of their clan, they do not respect you. I spent a year amongst them. The first clan I met I had to kill, as they attacked me for daring to approach. The second I approached eventually grew to accept me, but only after a year of offering them gifts from my kills. Even then, they did not let me warm myself by their fire or give me food. When clans meet, if they are not hostile towards one another, they don't even look at each other. Looking at another's property if you are not part of the clan means you covet that property, which is a slight. Marriage bonds tie some of the clans together in friendship--"

"If you managed to snag yourself a prince or princess, you could have your way in." Cephie explains, after a beat. "Marrying into the clan gives you a bond, and they respect family greatly."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 29, 2020, 11:02:46 pm »

That doesn't sound like particularly fertile ground for compromise.

Well, SEED's religion thought us evil too. We're a demon's demon. Maybe we can work from that. Enemy of my enemy and all.

...but from Cephie's advice I don't think it'll be enough.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 29, 2020, 11:07:46 pm »

Maybe we could give William a wife or husband from one of the more influential clans and then work from there?

On a side note, in order to prepare for possible invasion, the following technologies available to us may be helpful:

- Mark 1 Void Colony Ship
- Mark 1 Void Defense Station of various designs
- Antimatter Fusion and Hydrogen Fusion Warheads, along with a number of payload delivery systems
- Cryogenic Life Support Systems
- Advanced Terraforming Techniques and Plants
- Mark 1 Void Defense Land Based Gun Array of various designs
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:34:38 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 30, 2020, 09:00:21 am »

Outlier clans might not be worth messing with from the sound of it.

Also earlier it was said that las-guns wouldn't pierce the armour of the bigger [plague] creatures and it was also said that conventional guns had better piercing power than las-guns so what if we started fielding .50 BMG anti-tank rifles to deal with the bigger ones or even rocket launchers would work I mean we could probably use any anti-tank weapon on them.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 30, 2020, 09:19:39 am »

I agree, anti tank weapons sound good. We need to find out if anyone survived who are engineers to assist with the weapon build9ng, als0 which of the nulls has experience with construction. Do we ask Iyai/Cephie help with the construction of the anti tank weapons? The Void ships?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 30, 2020, 04:30:49 pm »

"Can you help us develop our technology? I'm interested in Void ships, antitank aircraft, infantry-portable antitank guns, and vehicle mounted antitank guns."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 30, 2020, 06:25:10 pm »

"I guess I could oversee the work? If you wanted?" Cephie questions, confused. "I'm not really a scientist or foreman or whatever."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 30, 2020, 06:48:36 pm »

"We'll leave that to our scientists and engineers. I hope we can work together despite our differences to protect humanity, as our main directive compels us to. One day, we may become enemies, but for now we are bound to one another by oath. Shall we return to the other Empyreals, the Thorntons, and inform them of our new arrangement?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 30, 2020, 06:51:34 pm »

"We'll leave that to our scientists and engineers. I hope we can work together despite our differences to protect humanity, as our main directive compels us to. One day, we may become enemies, but for now we are bound to one another by oath. Shall we return to the other Empyreals, the Thorntons, and inform them of our new arrangement?"
we should. We should also work on forges so we can make metal to start building things. We can ask the engineers to teach us and Cephie how to build, so we can be of more hel- than simply instructing

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 30, 2020, 07:53:20 pm »

In my opinion, it's better for us to leave that to others. Our powers are designed to help us fight, so doing too much of anything else would be a waste.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 381