00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252171 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3045 on: April 29, 2020, 04:30:33 pm »

"I'd inform him that I am unable to." Cephie responds, honestly. "Not without losing my life. If he insisted, I would have to try."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 29, 2020, 05:39:08 pm »

The question is, can he be escaped, and should he be escaped? If not, we will have to come to terms with the fact that Magnus is simply unavoidable.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: April 29, 2020, 05:44:28 pm »

We could try adding more Cryo pods to the ARK ship and repair it, of course we need to stop the plague first

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: April 29, 2020, 06:03:39 pm »

Indeed. Once that's done, we can consider the question in earnest-- but for the time being, we've more immediate problems to consider.

"I'm worried you'd succeed."

"You... got the drop on me today. You'd a tentacle set to tear my organs to shreds before I knew what was happening. I survived because you weren't trying to kill me-- if not for that, I'd probably have died right then and there. What happens if you get different orders?"

Sigh. "You're a threat, Cephie. I'm not going to kill you for it... but I don't for the life of me know what to do with you."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 29, 2020, 06:18:06 pm »

Indeed. Once that's done, we can consider the question in earnest-- but for the time being, we've more immediate problems to consider.

"You... got the drop on me today. You'd a tentacle set to tear my organs to shreds before I knew what was happening. I survived because you weren't trying to kill me-- if not for that, I'd probably have died right then and there. What happens if you get different orders?"

Sigh. "You're a threat, Cephie. I'm not going to kill you for it... but I don't for the life of me know what to do with you."

Magnus isn’t trying to kill us, how about “Will you be willing to help us fight the plague and assist with increasing the tech level of this planet? We can be allies even if our minds are separate.”
+1, might as well make use of her.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:22:21 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: April 29, 2020, 06:21:24 pm »

Magnus isn’t trying to kill us, how about “Will you be willing to help us fight the plague and assist with increasing the tech level of this planet? We can be allies” even if our minds are separate.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:19:42 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: April 29, 2020, 06:29:23 pm »

Magnus isn’t trying to kill us, how about “Will you be willing to help us fight the plague and assist with increasing the tech level of this planet? We can be allies even if our minds are separate.”
+1, might as well make use of her.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: April 29, 2020, 06:34:12 pm »

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, I suppose. I'm still inclined to make our concerns known-- Cephie might have an idea on that front.

Only thing is... "even if our minds are separate"? Seems a strange turn of phrase.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: April 29, 2020, 06:43:25 pm »

I think it's a reference to her coming from a different line.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: April 29, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, I suppose. I'm still inclined to make our concerns known-- Cephie might have an idea on that front.

Only thing is... "even if our minds are separate"? Seems a strange turn of phrase.
She wanted us turned into an extension of herself, too control our body and place her mind within, destroying ours. That is why I said that
Unless “ My intention was to keep you alive, as a puppet” means something else

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: April 29, 2020, 07:16:11 pm »

Oh that. That was figurative, yeah-- she intended to cow us with her little display of power, so's we'd be properly beholden to her. Think what we did to the Pontifex.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: April 29, 2020, 07:18:38 pm »

Oh that. That was figurative, yeah-- she intended to cow us with her little display of power, so's we'd be properly beholden to her. Think what we did to the Pontifex.
Oh, I thought it was literal, I thought we were like Unity, able to control other bodies, our bios mentioned essence strengthening others, and Alphira was inside of 3 bodies at one point, if she would have consumed the Interface in Emma, William and us, as well as us, she would have had total control of 3 bodies. I will edit that mind bit out now that I realize the figurativeness
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:22:27 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 29, 2020, 07:22:36 pm »

We gave Alphira freely to those two, as part of their Line. She's a voice to them, presumably-- nothing more. Blood transfer isn't mind control.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: April 29, 2020, 07:24:56 pm »

We gave Alphira freely to those two, as part of their Line. She's a voice to them, presumably-- nothing more. Blood transfer isn't mind control.
Yes, Phoenix was able to eat the Interface and Alphira in the body we share. Cephie could have done something similar with us once she got inside of us via blood transfer

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: April 29, 2020, 07:51:41 pm »

Hmm... we can't be sure it doesn't work like that until we try, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 381