00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252255 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3015 on: April 28, 2020, 10:03:40 pm »

"[I wish to stay too.]" Cephie offers, glancing over to you, "[But I had to make the offer.]"

"[What are Magnus' forces like?]"

"[Do you really want to know?]" Cephie questions, looking over to you with a raised brow. "[His Family's capital ship could rip apart this planet. The soldiers at his beck and call are literally endless -- I am the weakest of his servants.]" She shakes her head gently, "[As a Noble of the Empyre, he could call up any number of Naval Fleets to assist him. Any Officers in range, be they Admiral or Captain would serve, on pain of death. Or worse.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: April 28, 2020, 10:07:36 pm »

That... does not sound promising. How could we defeat such a force? Perhaps we must leave in the ark.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:13:35 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 28, 2020, 10:17:14 pm »

"[Not like he would -need- them. His Father let him use the Magnus House Fleet...]" Cephie frowns, looking up into the rising sun. "[Numbers don't matter with the nobility.] She turns, looking at you, explaining then, "[The Fleet that mutinied Alphira? It went up against a single expeditionary frigate on the edge of the system.]"

"[All ten ships are wreckage now, floating out there. They managed to land a single shot on the Frigate.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 28, 2020, 10:20:06 pm »

"Does anything remain of the main Pirate fleet?"

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:09 pm »

Does the ark even have enough cyropods for everybody?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: April 28, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »

The current capacity is only 10,000, but perhaps it can be massively upgraded. If not...

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:01 pm »

[17] "[Most of Alphira's siblings escaped. They managed to sneak away better than you did, I suppose. The rest fled back to the rim -- the Nobles were more concerned with the Outer and Inner Empyreal groups that assisted Alphias.]"

Her lips quirk into a scowl, for the first time. "[The Nobles destroyed Paradise Planet Arcadia.]"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: April 28, 2020, 10:25:28 pm »

We should also consult the nulls - possibly Ilya as well - on the feasibility of getting the ARK operational and mobile before Magnus's fleet arrives. Perhaps, perhaps, we and our people can [scram]. If its capacity isn't up to the task, a selection of others could use it with our blessing to escape the apocalyptical battle.

["Arcadia being...?"]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 28, 2020, 10:25:43 pm »

We may find allies in the rim of the galaxy, it sounds like.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 28, 2020, 10:53:40 pm »

That should have been against Empyreal laws.  Habitable planet destruction is not a legal punishment, only in the case of unbearable abominations should it be considered.  I do not like this new petty emperor.  Too weak in power or morality to stop the nobles.

Anyway.

I support retrieving the ship and keeping both cryo ships as a backup plan.  Cant have too many backup plans.

But we fight the plague now.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: April 28, 2020, 10:54:52 pm »

"Can you contact Magnus and tell him not to come?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 28, 2020, 11:01:55 pm »

Cephie looks at you in askance, confused, and you return the look. She smirks, then giggles. She draws four concentric rings in the salty soil in front of her. She draws a dot beside the central ring.

The first ring is the Empyreal, otherwise known as Paradise, or Heaven, or by many other names. Most Spacers call it the Empyreal Core. A vast number of planets in orbit around a massive, man-made blackhole that's used to generate energy. The Nobles control the cost of this energy, and, with it, control the Empyreal Galaxy. Within the core is what can only be described as heaven. Hard light simulations creating anything the Nobles might need or ever want. Through energy manipulation, they can create matter. Nobody besides Nobility and those chosen by them can enter, as a great wall of light envelopes the entirety of it. Around this axis, the galaxy turns.

Around this is the Inner Empyre. The next most advanced empires, nations, and planets. Great planet-wide cities, industrial centers that use entire stars and planets. Gaia worlds. The closest system outside of the Core was settled by exiled Nobles. One Family used the Hard Light technology to create a place where anyone could taste heaven -- for a price. The rich and lucky flocked to it, and one day upon that world was something spoken of for generations to come. It became a mark of success. Paradise Planet Arcadia.

The Outer Empyre is considered by many to be the dregs, but that's not true. The Outer Empyre is a patchwork collection of vessel states, industrial centers, hive worlds, and many more specialized worlds. They do most of their trade with the Inner Empyre. Technology there is advanced but is considered the baseline for the Empyre.

And then you reach The Rim. Seedships settled these worlds the same, but the Empyreal Gates have not yet reached this far in. The Pirate clans from before the Foundation found refuge in this part of the Empyre. It's the most underdeveloped and unexplored part of the entire galaxy. The technology levels here vary massively. Some have colonies from the Outer Empyre, while some have naught but sharpened stones and fire.

Many squiggly lines are drawn, radiating out from the core like spokes in a wheel. These are the Empyreal Gates. Most civilized systems have one, and it is the central source of trade in the system. Some are ancient. Some are brand new. The routes are endless, but organized -- but not even the Nobility have maps for all of it. Depending on the time, they might lead to another system. Or they might be fixed routes. Another piece of the Endless Emperor's technology. The success of travel, you remember, is something like ninety-seven percent. One percent you wind up at a completely different gate. One percent you wind up in some unknown star system that doesn't have a gate. And one percent chance of just completely vanishing. Time dilation when traveling with the gate system is completely nullified -- but there are legends of ancient fleets emerging from the gates, confused as to why thousands of years have passed since they left.

Only the Endless controls the Gates, and they are truly neutral -- Pirates do not destroy them, Nobility do not try to configure the routes, and a blockade of one is considered the best way to get everyone truly pissed at you.

Cephie draws one last dot, on the outside of the Rim's boundary. "[We're here.]"

"[Doing so would violate my contract. I cannot lie to him.]" She raises her brow after a pause, glancing over to you, "[And do you really think that I have -that- much sway with him?]"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:13:44 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 28, 2020, 11:07:56 pm »

"Thank you for the explanation. I'm sorry for the 21 Questions treatment. Does Magnus have any powerful enemies, especially rival nobles, pirates, or non-Empyreal leaders?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 28, 2020, 11:13:22 pm »

"[Many. But he'll reach you and this world before you could even communicate with them.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 28, 2020, 11:15:13 pm »

We must leave.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 381