00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 242278 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2020, 05:07:26 pm »

"Yeah, I'll be sure to find cover if I die." (Smirk a little.) "No questions. Let's do this."

Grab the syringes and gear. Don the vest.

I've probably forgotten something worth asking folks, so do chip in if anything comes to mind!  :-X
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2020, 07:23:42 pm »

Emma helps you pull the vest on, and your mesh up over your face. Her hands are shaking, you notice. You give your rifle a cursory inspection, checking the mag within. The display reads a solid 500/500, and you slip the other magazines into your belt. The safety is on, but beside it is 'single,' '5-burst', and 'full.' Its housing is worn but well-maintained. The lens is clean and brand new. It still has the protective covering on it. Applying the same principle as the las-pistol maintenance class, you pop open the housing, examining the coolant and anti-radiation system for leaks or damages. There is none.

Gem gestures for you to turn around, and pulls hard on your vest when you do, double-checking the straps. She hides a stray strand of hair for you beneath your mask. "You're good." She murmurs brusquely.

With a nod of approval, William carefully slots the intel back into the folder, handing it back to Gem. He stretches out as he rises, nodding to Emma, who heaves a sigh, watching as he leaves. She waits until his back is turned, and the server visibly relaxes, before pulling a wad of bills from her coat. She tosses the pile on the table, leaving right behind her brother, you in tow.

Tonight faint snow descends on the town. The squad walks in dead-silence, keeping watch on Emma, who shivers in the cold. You, once more, are an after-thought. So, without direction, you copy the squad-mates, moving to body-guard Emma. William drinks as he walks, his smile a twisted, fixed thing on his face. More like a mask than an expression.

It takes little time to reach the Academy, and Emma hesitates at the gateway. With a defiant glance to her brother, she steps forward to hug you tightly, whispering in your ear as she does. [14] "Come back safe. That's all that matters to me."

[4]"I'll bring her body back if she dies, so don't you worry, Em." William calls out, annoyed. "We've got to go."

Any parting words?

William's squad leads you. The hovercraft is concealed in a dip in the hills surrounding the town. Crates and material surrounding the craft, and Gem peels one open, pulling out a square, plastic case with a timer on it, about the size of your palm. "Don't get it too hot now," Gem warns, softly. "Its shelf-stable, but extreme heat can still detonate it. Be careful."

William gives you a bearing and a compass to follow it. He looks unconcerned, taking a seat on a crate. "It's about a thirty-minute walk from here, over the hills."

[-]Shouldering your new rifle, you start your trek, only needing to glance at the compass on occasion, more out of doubt than anything. Your sense of navigation hasn't changed, and it's easy to differentiate where in the magnetic field you are supposed to go towards. Then you lay eyes on the compound. They didn't tell you it's built atop a low hill, or that there was a large cement wall surrounding it. Or that it was set dead-center in the middle of a patch of fallow farmland. A single pathway leads into it, and it looks like a cross between a personal villa and a military base. A beautiful, ornate house sits in the center, overlooking a carefully maintained pond and lawn. After that, several buildings that look like bunkhouses sprout out of the ground, the lab, and soldier's living quarters if you recall correctly. That large building there with the heavy reinforcement must be the personal reactor.

[4] Looking towards the eastern wall, you notice the AA cannon. It looks expensive and new. A short-barrel angled up towards the sky is all you can see of it—a countermeasure to the Thorntons. You cannot tell if it is actively staffed or not.

[1] You crouch hidden in the copse of trees, surrounded by fallow farmland.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:31:14 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:41 pm »

Parting words could be something like: "Emma... I hope you can forgive me."

As for what to do now, I'm not sure.  It may make sense to walk the perimeter and check for patrols, surveillance, and gaps or other defects in the wall.  However, there isn't any cover to hide us if we did such a thing...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2020, 07:43:07 pm »

Murmur: "I'll do my best-- you keep safe too." Return hugs.

Unshoulder our rifle and set it to full-auto. Look over the wall from our hiding place; attempt to identify potential entryways.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »

Unshoulder our rifle and set it to full-auto. Look over the wall from our hiding place; attempt to identify potential entryways.
+1. I would like to add to that: also determine if any suitable cover exists, or if the base truly is entirely surrounded by open space.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:15:49 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2020, 10:14:07 pm »

+1. I would like to add to that: also determine if any suitable cover exists, or if the base truly is entirely surrounded by open space.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2020, 10:43:10 pm »

+1

Solid addendum. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2020, 12:06:13 am »

[3] Emma doesn't respond to your half mumbled apology or goodbye. She nods and hurries away. It's dark for everyone but you, so you're sure you're the only one who saw the tears running down her face.

The rifle reactor hums to life as you flip the safety switch to 'full.'

[11] You scan the surroundings of the Compound. The wall surrounds the entire thing, but you notice a blind-spot from the guard towers, in that they're a bit too tall to ultimately see the base of the hill on the western side. It's newly constructed as well, no places collapsing or falling in on itself. The gate or over the top are the only two options you can see.

[10] The farmlands surround it entirely, providing no real cover for you to lose yourself in-- or so you think, until you notice the irrigation ditches that run in across the field, intersecting and raising the land. Its a stretch, to be sure, but the walls aren't big enough to patrol on. The towers are your only concern. You calculate its better to be in a ditch getting shot at than on open terrain. With luck, you might be able to get to the wall before someone in one of the towers notices you.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:23:24 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2020, 12:15:40 am »

It looks like we should attempt to covertly make our way to the wall near the western hill via the irrigation ditches.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2020, 05:41:52 am »

It looks like we should attempt to covertly make our way to the wall near the western hill via the irrigation ditches.
+1 if we still are undetected, let’s make our way to the AA cannon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2020, 06:20:32 am »

+1 if we still are undetected, let’s make our way to the AA cannon
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2020, 04:49:39 pm »

:(

[20] With a grunt, you lower yourself down to your hands and knees crawl through the irrigation ditches. You're thankful for the night, and the lack of a moon in the sky. This is a perfect night. The snow covers your back in time, but you don't falter, continuing to drag yourself through the trench. At one point, you think you hear an alarm.

You freeze in place, not even daring to glance up for fear of a las-gun blast. But, there's no reply, so you crawl on. You get to the edge of the trench, and the edge of the farmland surrounding the compound, and with a heavy breath, you break across open terrain.

There's no response from the compound.

[20] Lifting your head up, to look at the tower, you notice something else-- there's nobody keeping watch. The realization hits you like a bag of bricks. They're not expecting to be attacked right now. You almost laugh at the stupidity of the situation. You calmly walk over to the eastern side of the compound wall. There's someone manning the cannon, at least, you notice because the barrel just tracked upwards towards a star, before being swung lower again.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2020, 05:14:45 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think it makes sense to sneak up on the cannon operator, plant the charge somewhere that isn't visible from the perspective of the cannoneer, and then silently make our way back to the western wall to take cover before detonating it.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2020, 05:33:25 pm »

How would you like to get pass the wall?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2020, 05:37:16 pm »

Ah... Inspect the wall and determine if it looks climbable.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:40:53 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 381