00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252221 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2970 on: April 28, 2020, 12:47:04 pm »

Iyai would hear us and know that two others are coming, and could use her will to overpower them, and make them puppets
If Iyai has 9 willpower in your example, she can split off 3 willpower to Emma and William, beating out their willpower and adding 2 willpower to her side, turning them against us
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:50:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 28, 2020, 12:49:37 pm »

If she breaks her concentration on us by diverting her will elsewhere, that might also suffice to allow us to overpower her. In your above example, if Iyal diverts 3 strength towards dominating a Thornton, she would not have enough strength to resist us at that moment.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:54:10 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:33 pm »

Can we communicate with E and W telepathically?

We've not shown much in the way of verbal telepathy, but they can feel our will for sure: our presence, our emotions. We could perhaps manage more than that, but we've never really tried.

Let's say that our will would need a strength of ten to overpower Iyal. If our will has a strength of eight, and if Emma and William each have a strength of one, that would mean that our combined strength would overpower Iyal, even though the Thorntons are much weaker than us.

Too many hypotheticals for my liking. We don't know the strength of Iyal's will, and we'll pay dearly if we underestimate it... I'll not risk making collateral of those closest to us.

This scion of Lavoisier-- (I refuse to call her Iyal; that name was a lie--)  we need her. She's called an ugly storm down on our head, and she can help guide us through... if we earn her respect. We'll beat her on her own terms.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 28, 2020, 12:56:30 pm »

what do you think of these words?
[Why not work together against the plague? Surely it threatens all of us. Let’s fight it instead of each other]

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 28, 2020, 12:59:30 pm »

[Why not work together against the plague? Surely it threatens all of us. Let’s fight it instead of each other]

+1, but remain alert for any movements from her while speaking.

Avoiding will because I don't want to take the risk of her overpowering Emma and William.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: April 28, 2020, 01:17:25 pm »

They are lovely words-- but alas, the time for words is now past. Now comes the defense of bitter honor.
I have made my intentions clear, Phoenix-of-Sol. If words are needed, these words I offer.

Withdraw our will a bit: a shield rather than a sword, for ourself and our kinsfolk.

"We fight in earnest, then: a contest of will, away from the mountain. I've no quarrel with your people-- but I will not be made beholden to them. I'll try their emissary by fire first."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:10:05 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:09 pm »

They are lovely words-- but alas, the time for words is now past. Now comes the defense of bitter honor.
I have made my intentions clear, Phoenix-of-Sol. If words are needed, these words I offer.

Withdraw our will a bit: a shield rather than a sword, for ourself and our kinsfolk.

"We fight in earnest, then: a contest of will, away from the mountain. I've no quarrel with the line Lavoisier-- but I will not be made beholden to it. I'll try its emissary by fire first."

+1, this is better

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 28, 2020, 01:43:26 pm »

We need to break her will with words and force, convince her that there is a sliver of reason to join us, then nurture it to grow.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 28, 2020, 01:52:12 pm »

+1, but remain alert for any movements from her while speaking.

Avoiding will because I don't want to take the risk of her overpowering Emma and William.
Yes, what about saying this while using our will
Does that make sense?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: April 28, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »

what about something like: [Are you so sure about your master's intent that opposing me is wise?  Is our honest self reflection so dangerous to his plans?]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 28, 2020, 02:15:16 pm »

The time for words has passed.

We must fight. It doesn't have to be to the death, but a hierarchy of Willpower must be drawn between us. It is our way.

Phoenix let's you feel it then, an ancient bloodlust that resonates between the two of you. A will to dominate the other, to beat them. To win. It's the same determination that gave you the strength to rip your arm off, to devour it, all to continue fighting.

It is ancient, older than the Line, and it echoes from deep within.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 28, 2020, 02:20:53 pm »

As I understand it... the interactions of our kind have their utmost foundation on the hierarchy of raw power. If the position of two Empyreals is at first unclear, there must be a battle for supremacy-- to avoid this battle is to submit. There can be no equals.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 28, 2020, 02:27:32 pm »

As I understand it... the interactions of our kind have their utmost foundation on the hierarchy of raw power. If the position of two Empyreals is at first unclear, there must be a battle for supremacy-- to avoid this battle is to submit. There can be no equals.
Ok, Continue fighting with our will
Question, would endurance help with this or not?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:11 pm »

If we continue fighting here with our wills, what's to stop her from deciding to try to dominate the minds of Emma and William? Avoiding that seems important to you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 28, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »

If we continue fighting here with our wills, what's to stop her from deciding to try to dominate the minds of Emma and William? Avoiding that seems important to you.
Correct. We should try getting her away from them, maybe by going outside
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 381