00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252130 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2940 on: April 27, 2020, 09:32:25 pm »

Are we fighting her or talking with her?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 27, 2020, 09:35:12 pm »

If we're sure that we've neutralized her for the moment, I suppose we might as well talk to her, and also bring her to somewhere more open while we're at it, just in case.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 27, 2020, 10:41:28 pm »

I am unsure.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 27, 2020, 10:46:47 pm »

I'll wait for my colleagues to weigh in. I'm not sure if moving her somewhere else is supposed to be a ploy or not. It seems strange that she would be worried about damage to the building...

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 27, 2020, 10:50:43 pm »

Perhaps her words regarding this building were merely taunting out willingness to fight her.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 27, 2020, 11:18:10 pm »

Perhaps this is unwise, but after some initial pettiness, I sort of feel like sparing her for the moment. She may be a useful source of information.

Also... by what name should I call you?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 27, 2020, 11:21:02 pm »

There is no talking with her that is not us dominating her mind.  If you think you can pull that off then talking is smart, force her to yield and we have a powerful tool.

Decapitation is a more useful tool.  With control over heat you could melt the neck and pull severing the head off.  She defended it heavily once it is important to keep herself attached.

Separating hydrogen from oxygen inside a body can also be quite painful if she is mostly organic.  This can be done at the same time as other physical actions.

She may have dust we could forcibly steal though doing such while there is still a will should be hard.  Cannibalism is generally frowned on though.

She has given a gift though, at least we have a long term goal of getting off this rock.  Nothing here can take on an empyrial fleet, even the paltry ones of this time.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 27, 2020, 11:23:55 pm »

Yes, not even we could take on such a fleet, and we are wanted by the Empyreal Navy. In fact, we may be the most notorious criminal in the galaxy. If they find us, they will kill us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 27, 2020, 11:26:54 pm »

[hl:20!]

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Did we just get our arm back?

Ah, Iyal... you were a lie, then. We took you in, and you knew we would, and you were a lie. What a vile worm you are.
This creature has little interest, I expect, in the preservation of this structure--
we cannot say the same, and well this creature knows it. A bluff, perhaps...  I wonder. We need intel.

Did Alphira ever do battle with members of this Line?

Keep that grip of fire tight, ready to burn away the neck of our enemy should the need arise. "[Have you a better idea, snake?]"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 27, 2020, 11:52:30 pm »

Okay, I have two plans on how to defeat the fleet.  The first involves detonating the central star of this system though.  Control of hydrogen is fun.

Also did not recognize you Constantine, names like superdorf are so much more fun!

Spoiler: For those interested. (click to show/hide)

More immediately: We might want to ask which noble she represents, why they sided with the usurper and all that.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 28, 2020, 12:04:40 am »

What would the second plan involve?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:40 am »

"[Our primary purpose is the same.]" She answers, gently, her fingers flexing as her nervous system heals. "[I have no quarrel with Humanity-- and destruction of this shelter would doom these survivors.]"

"[We speak as equals, as two Descendents should. Combat and will. Speech and power.]" Iyal offers, gently, with a smile.

"[Who do you represent, if we are to truly fight?]" You question.

"[Magnus, a noble scion -- he has taken an interest in you. I do not care about any usurpers, or the accusation leveled by Alphias. Or the war that resulted.]"

Some. But each of our kind is unique in how we wield our tools. Creativity and will often wins out. Most fights, when they occur, are either stalemates or deathless victories. Alphias conquered many to his side that way. True victory lies in adding their will to ours freely, in service or friendship -- total destruction of the other is a waste, but not rare.

Where your stump was, now your will is there, twisting hydrogen fire into a burning, clawed hand. You took the design from an Infected beast you once saw, and it roils with heat.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:14:23 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 28, 2020, 12:12:30 am »

"[What are your intentions for me?]"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 28, 2020, 12:22:07 am »

"[I do not know. My intention was to keep you alive, as a puppet, until Magnus arrives. A show of Will to keep you in line -- but you're no longer a scared little girl.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 28, 2020, 12:24:32 am »

["If I agree to meet with your master when he arrives, can we avoid a fight for the moment?"]
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 381