00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252398 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2550 on: April 20, 2020, 09:11:42 pm »

Good snark-- too many words. No time, is fighting!  :D

"Accusations! I'm hurt." Grin. "Had enough, then?"

Bait him, and then, if he attacks, parry and riposte.

+1

We can probably keep going at this an hour or two, if we see fit.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 20, 2020, 09:13:36 pm »

Good snark-- too many words. No time, is fighting!  :D

"Accusations! I'm hurt." Grin. "Had enough, then?"

Bait him, and then, if he attacks, parry and riposte.

+1

We can probably keep going at this an hour or two, if we see fit.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 20, 2020, 09:24:33 pm »

"Not yet you aren't!" William ripostes.

[3+1 vs 17+2] You trade blows, only to realize that he's changed strategies. Where once you could deflect and dodge, suddenly he's too close for that, using the edge of his sword instead of the 'point'. Less fencing and more knife-fighting. He scores several blows in quick succession, and you stumble back.

[16+1 vs 20+2] He doesn't relent, either, until you stumble back and fall on your rear from a particularly savage feint and hard swat to your chest. Your hand comes to what you're sure is going to be a bruise, staring at him with a dark look.

[8+1 vs 19+2] The next time you try to dodge, William purposefully steps into you, shoulder checking you roughly and forcing you to twist away from him -- the blade smacks your shoulder hard in return, and William stumbles back in a controlled fall to avoid your savage counter.

[12+1 vs 13+2] The soft thuds of your 'blades' impacting against one another echo through the training room as the two of you truly get down to business. At one point, they cross, and it becomes a wrestling match of strength to push down the other-- and William wins, bowling you over and knocking the rubber stick from your hand. You wince, shaking your smarting hand until the pain dulls.

"Now you're hurting." William boasts with a laugh, grinning down at you with the 'sword' at your chest, "Had enough then?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 20, 2020, 09:51:14 pm »

"Ha, you got me.  You're really damn good at that.  Can you give me some tips?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 20, 2020, 10:04:51 pm »

"The first round or two is one you can afford to lose, as long as you don't get too hurt; make your opponent compliant, and they'll never realize you've switched it up on them." William opines, extending a hand out to you. "Use that time to analyze your opponent, then strike using their weakness."

"You've got skill, but, like you said, you've got limited experience."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 20, 2020, 10:37:37 pm »

Take his hand.  "Interesting.  I wonder if that thinking could be applied to the plague as well."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 20, 2020, 10:44:33 pm »

Huh, y'know what? We kinda did. Rodstadt was a disaster... our second engagement, not so much!
I dunno we can afford to purchase such complacency now tho. When the plague hits, it hits hard.

Nod "I've got like three years of memories, whatever my predecessors see fit to offer... nothing else. My combat experience has consisted largely of remembering how to set things on fire with my mind. [Angel] tricks." Take hand, rise. "It's a curious existence."

"Now." Back into a blade-stance. "I've bruises need avenging!"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 20, 2020, 11:22:54 pm »

William helps you up with a grin and a faux bow, dropping into an exaggerated sword fighter's stance, weapon lose in his hand. "But madam, I do not wish to fight thee!" No matter the language, or the syntax, his translation is corny to the point of making you cringe.

[16+1 vs 4+2] You parry, and he ducks, but not fast enough -- you lunge forward with a kick out of the blue. He blinks as it impacts his side, and he stumbles away. He raises a brow, and you return his grin savagely. "Alphie told me she was a pirate -- she was right!"

[13+1 vs 11+2] "That was a di-" You lunge while he's speaking, forcing him to guard against the sudden savage blow. A brief snarl curls across his face as he tries to deflect the blade, only for you to twist out of his parry and smack him in the chest with the point.

[1+1 vs 18+2] He doesn't speak or taunt now as he circles you, and you mirror his steps. His sanguine smile is back, the corners of his mouth twitching. Twisting suddenly to strike, you move to dodge -- only for his elbow to impact your chest with a hard hollow thump. It drives the air from your lungs.

[14+1 vs 4+2] The next blow catches you across the face suddenly, and sends into the snow -- you stagger back to your feet quickly, however, just in time to block William's next savage strike.

[17+1 vs 18+2][3+5 vs 12+1] The rubber bends hard, cracks echoing from the hard plastic core as you both push against the other's weapon. Both of you use your body weight and tremendous strength fully now -- instinctively, your willpowers begin to lash at one another as well. Your's is naturally stronger, and William flinches. A wicked grin flashes across his face as he leans in -- and he kisses you, just for a brief second. Surprised, you stumble, and the swords break.

"I win!" William grins, as you land on your ass. You stare at him, shocked, but he just grins, offering you a hand.

"Just remember this: The skilled swordsman and tactician sometimes feign weakness...and always, always, does the unexpected whenever possible."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:26:48 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 20, 2020, 11:37:30 pm »

"You really are a rascal.  If you're not careful, Emma will try to burn you alive, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to stop her."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:29:37 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 21, 2020, 06:54:02 am »

"You really are a rascal.  If you're not careful, Emma will try to burn you alive, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to stop her."
i don’t think threats are wise

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 21, 2020, 09:01:46 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 21, 2020, 11:22:00 am »

Urgh. I knew this was coming, ever since we got back from the front this afternoon... and you know what? I'm irritated. I'm irritated, and I want more than a vague threat and a smirk.

Raise our will about us, a shield in anger. "Is this a sparring match or a tryst?"
Rise, step back. "I'm-- I'm not Alphira, William. Her feelings aren't mine. You know that-- don't you?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:56:55 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: April 21, 2020, 01:19:16 pm »

"I'll ask her for permission next time." William still grinning as you rise to your feet. "I prefer bastard, though. It seems more dashing than just rascal."

"I do have a question, however." You ask, gently, calmly.

"Shoot."

[4+5 vs 8+1]  "Is this a sparring match or a tryst?" Your willpower lashes up, in anger and confusion, your voice harsh. William flinches but meets your gaze, his own willpower a similar, protective shroud about him. "I'm-- I'm not Alphira, William. Her feelings aren't mine. You know that-- don't you?"

[17][1] "If I thought you and her shared the same feelings I wouldn't have bothered, Phebe." William's response is calm, level. "Did you really think I would be attracted to her? She would have let me die in Rodstadt without a backward glance."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: April 21, 2020, 01:33:51 pm »

...irritation gone. I have no words left.

We can't go through with this.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 21, 2020, 01:49:34 pm »

I don’t think the exchange was needed