00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 251537 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2020, 04:02:19 am »

"I don't want to hurt you or your family.  I want to help you.  But make no mistake, I will kill you if you are a threat to me.  So what will it be?  Do you want me as your foe, or do you want to work with me to destroy our mutual enemies?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2020, 04:03:18 am »

"Perhaps a water, please."

"I have to ask... why me? It seems to me you've more than enough firepower to handle this task without the aid of one more pistollier!"

+1.  I wonder if he actually has the intel to suggest that they have little in the way of firepower, or if he is just guessing.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2020, 04:20:51 am »

Holy cow. We've earned ourselves some loyalty, and I have to say I'm surprised-- and pleased.

To Emma: "Thank you."

To William: "I can't say I expected anything less of you, Billy Thornton... your family is a dangerous one."

"You want I should earn your respect? Very well-- I'll help you with this. Your troubles are Emma's troubles, so I'll help you with this. I want to help you with this."

"But. You try to hurt me? You try to hurt me to prove something to her? I will ruin you."

"Have we an accord?"

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2020, 04:25:22 am »

Holy cow. We've earned ourselves some loyalty, and I have to say I'm surprised-- and pleased.

To William: "I can't say I expected anything less of you, Billy Thornton... your family is a dangerous one."

"You want I should earn your respect? Very well-- I'll help you with this. Your troubles are Emma's troubles, so I'll help you with this. I want to help you with this."

"But. You try to hurt me? You try to hurt me to prove something to her? I will ruin you."

"Have we an accord?"

+1, sans the threat
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:42:40 am by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2020, 04:28:35 am »

I think the threat is important.  Without it, we appear weak.  In my opinion, that proposed dialogue is too conciliatory.  Warlords respect strength and ahbor weakness.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:12:12 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2020, 04:42:13 am »

I think the threat is important.  Without it, we appear weak.
fair, will edit

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2020, 07:55:20 am »

"Have we an accord?"

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2020, 02:01:19 pm »

You murmur a small thank you to Emma, and she gives you a little nod in return, still staring at her brother. He returns the dark look with a twisted smile and drags his attention back to you when you begin to speak.

"I can't say I expected anything less of you, Billy Thornton... your family is a dangerous one." Emma snorts, and one of the soldiers gives an awkward cough. "You want I should earn your respect? Very well-- I'll help you with this. Your troubles are Emma's troubles, so I'll help you with this. I want to help you with this." You take a deep breath, tamping down on a wave of rising anger in your gut.

"But. You try to hurt me? You try to hurt me to prove something to her? I will ruin you." [19] Emma shifts closer to you, nearly leaning on you. She looks uncomfortable but doesn't rebuke you and your threat. William watches his younger sister. "Have we an accord?"

"Well, Em," William begins, "Do I have an accord with her?"

"You do, Billy," Emma responds coldly.

"I guess I do then." William smiles, leaning back in his chair and holstering his pistol in his belt. Emma hesitates but does the same. The server hurries over with your drink order, setting a pitcher of water between you and Emma, and a bottle of clear liquor in front of William. The kitchen bustles open; three cooks emerge from the back with plates of steaming food. They set your respective orders on the table first, then hurry over to feed William's crew.

The insect steak's topping is sweet and crunchy to the steak's natural sweetness. The meat, you notice, is cooked all the way through, but still soft and melty. The vegetables and potatoes are a little salty, but the potatoes especially, are crisp and delicious. The sauce goes well with everything on the plate, a slight vinegary flavor to offset the sweetness of the protein. You all eat in silence. At one point, Emma asks to try yours in return for a bit of hers, and you promptly trade.

The fish is incredibly salty and smoked, but not dry, tasting more of butter and fish than anything else. It too melts after you chew for just a moment, and a resinous after-taste fills your senses. You have to drink some water to further enjoy your meal, but Emma seems to have no problems.

"So," William asks, after clearing his plate, "What do you think you can do in that plan of mine, Pheb?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:49:30 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2020, 03:45:22 pm »

This is it. This is the bit where we make ourselves look tough without making ourselves look supernatural-- where we earn respect without drawing undue curiosity. We could have a powerful ally here... or a terrible, terrible enemy. I am open to suggestions here people.

(no pressure :-X )

"Well now... I'm stronger than I look, quick on the uptake, and willing to kill." (Grin.) "Nothing special, but I imagine I'll keep pace with any of your hired soldiers just fine."

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2020, 04:35:56 pm »

This is it. This is the bit where we make ourselves look tough without making ourselves look supernatural-- where we earn respect without drawing undue curiosity. We could have a powerful ally here... or a terrible, terrible enemy. I am open to suggestions here people.

"Well now... I'm stronger than I look, quick on the uptake, and willing to kill." (Grin.) "Nothing special, but I imagine I'll keep pace with any of your hired soldiers just fine."
+1. 

I trust this guy the least I have ever trusted anything, but we happen to have mutual enemies.  I think we can work with him as long as we are wary.  One option might be to sneak in and attempt to assasinate their leaders while he's putting on that display of force, or simply assisting with attacking from the gunship.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:14:53 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »

+1. 

I trust this guy the least I have ever trusted anything, but we happen to have mutual enemies.  I think we can work with him as long as we are wary.  One option might be to sneak in and attempt to assasinate their leaders while he's putting on that display of force, or simply assisting with attacking from the gunship.
+1, time for sneaky killing

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2020, 04:48:10 pm »

I'm reluctant to commit to a given course of action until we know exactly how things are going to go down... still, I can see an assassination mission working out for us. Most importantly, William wouldn't have the chance to watch us work-- we could do whatever supernatural stuff we feel necessary, and still maintain a certain level of secrecy.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2020, 01:30:12 am »

"Well now... I'm stronger than I look, quick on the uptake, and willing to kill." You grin, and William leans forward. "Nothing special, but I imagine I'll keep pace with any of your hired soldiers just fine." William raises his brow, then looks over between you and one of his soldiers.

"Maybe you could." He scratches at his face, unconvinced.

"Or, how would you like me to sneak in and put a hole in the head of your quarry before you level the place, so you know for sure he's dead without having to stay longer than you need to?"

That gets a reaction out of him, and he stares intently at you. He explains, slowly and deliberately, his permanent smile fading. "When Families like ours go to war, Phebe, we don't half-ass it. There are long histories of blood feuds that the Scholars never recorded. All because a family didn't have the guts to finish the job. If you do anything with us, I want you to remember this-- we kill them all.  Daughters, sons, babies, children. All of them. It doesn't matter. Tonight the Moore family dies out."

[1] William gestures at Gem, who draws out a folder from her backpack. He looks through it with a crooked smile. "Moore recently remarried. His beautiful young wife had a bouncing baby boy about two months ago." He peels the cork from the vodka, downing a slug and turning his gaze back to you. Emma shifts uncomfortably, looking down.

"Please don't." Emma murmurs, hesitantly, earning her a scowl from William.

"She volunteered." William retorts, "Blood for blood. She'll earn a thorn if she does. Daddy will be happy with you. too, Emma, having found someone to do what you could never do." Emma looks like she's just been struck, but doesn't say a word. "You take down the prominent members of the Moore family, and you'll be considered part of the Family."

[1] Emma doesn't say anything else, merely reaching over to squeeze your arm.

"It's a damn good idea, Pheobe." William states, taking another shot. "I can get you some Ballistic to help take the edge off the killings, too, if you need it."

The server interrupts your conversation, offering a dessert of fresh [fruit] and soft cheeses.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:04:43 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2020, 02:02:53 am »

Good grief.

If we back down now, we're going to come off as weak; the Thornton family being as it is, weak probably means dead-- or at least, in tremendous peril. If we take the job in its entirety... we'll become a Thornton of the worst kind. I expect Emma would come to fear us as she fears her brother, in time.

I need to think about this.  :-\

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2020, 03:02:16 am »

Same.  This is an important choice both in terms of the immediate consequences and in how it will define us as a person.  I wish I hadn't mentioned the assassination thing.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:34:46 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 381