00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252452 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2505 on: April 19, 2020, 11:40:13 pm »

Smirk a little. "Ever the tease."

"I'd like to see about a few radio-sets for the Crusader artillerists, if possible. Simple pieces. Seems they've been dealing with the colossi by sending runners back to the artillery when one shows up, runners and flares... inefficient. Costly. We can do better!"

"Other than that, I'll leave you to it." Smile. "Thanks, Will."

Nod to John as we head out for compound. "Nice to see you up and about too!"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 19, 2020, 11:58:22 pm »

"I could tease more if you visited more often without Emma." William offers with a lazy grin, lifting his hand in a wave.  John dips his head in a bow, avoiding your gaze as you leave. A set of Warmachines fall in beside you as you make your way through the streets, no doubt a sight for confusion. People stare at you and duck bows. They all looks surprised and confused, but none of them approach you.

You arrive back at the compound a little while later. You head towards the laundry, where the juniors of the Guards work, and hand over your clothing. You are given a uniform in return, and your armor will be cleaned. As strange as it is for you to put on clean clothes while you are caked in mud and grime, the Guards are adamant about you not leaving without them.

Emma, pauses when you darken your doorway, stopping herself midstep -- instead, she opens she bathroom door for you, and you step gratefully inside. She's quick to join you after you rinse off the worst of the mud and ichor.

The two of you lounge on the bed, the night starting to draw down the rains. If you focus, you can hear them pattering on to the roof somewhere above. Emma sits next to you, a charcoal pencil in hand, sketching on what looks to be expensive paper.

[15] Something catches your eye -- its the Colossus you fought today, down to minute details. The crackling of lightning, its twitching flesh, and the gleam of the sun on its sharp blades.

...you haven't told Emma about today. You were otherwise too preoccupied, and she doesn't ask if you don't volunteer, something that has held true ever since the Moore Family.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 20, 2020, 01:09:31 am »

"That's beautiful.   Can I ask how you know about it... or is now 'just not the time?'"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 20, 2020, 01:20:45 am »

"That's beautiful.   Can I ask how you know about it... or is now 'just not the time?'"

Er, is kinda unclear whether that colossus is Emma's sketch or a hallucination on our part... I'm leaning hallucination.

If hallucination: shift closer, smile. "Whatcha drawing?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 20, 2020, 01:23:25 am »

...no, it isn't a random hallucination.  Note the use of the ellipses in the last paragraph.  We're surprised that she is sketching the colossus.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 20, 2020, 01:27:57 am »

"Hey, look, if you want to talk to me about something, I'll listen...but I've grown up long enough around...fighters, shall we say? To know better than to ask a question you don't want to answer." Emma bristles, but relaxes when you place a calming hand on her hip.

[3] You shift closer, only to note the details of the drawing were less fine than before -- it no longer seems to writhe upon the paper or twitch with electricity. But it's still a detailed sketch of the entity you fought today. "I've been dreaming a lot lately. Alphira told me that drawing it out helps...this one was a nightmare. Why do you ask?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 20, 2020, 01:30:02 am »

"That's what I fought earlier, when I was at the line.  Have you had other similar nightmares?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 20, 2020, 02:45:33 am »

"Yeah? A couple of times. You or Mitch were there, so they weren't that bad." Emma shrugs a shoulder as Mitch grumbles when he hears his name. The Barker otherwise, is happily chewing on a piece of hide, lounging next to the heating element in your room, in a pile of old clothes he acquired from somewhere.

"Oh...well. I'm...sorry?" Emma looks confused, glancing down at the pad of paper. "I'll feed it to Mitch--" She starts to wad the paper up.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 20, 2020, 02:48:13 am »

"No, it's okay.  I just think it's interesting.  Do you think we're somehow sharing memories?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 20, 2020, 02:52:26 am »

[14] "...Iunno. That sounds odd -- I had my nightmare about it last night. Probably just heard too much about Rodstadt, or maybe Alphira let it leak into my brain or something." Emma chucks the roll paper towards Mitch, who snatches it out of the air with a heavy snap of his jaws. He doesn't even chew, swallowing it whole before returning to his hide treat, non-plussed.

[11] "I've been having a lot of weird dreams, lately."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 20, 2020, 02:56:52 am »

"Sometimes I wonder if the plague is trying to communicate with us.  I had strange dreams, too, after I fought the worm at Rodstadt and after the one at the line."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 20, 2020, 03:08:59 am »

"Well, insults and threats are communications too." Emma replies, with a crooked grin, leaning into you. "No doubt its trying to worm its way into your head to corrupt just like it does everything else." She puffs out a sigh, "Or, who knows, maybe its a horrifying destructive force for a reason. It's not like SEED is the epitome of honesty."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 20, 2020, 03:20:10 am »

"I struggle to think of what could be worth such destruction.  The loss of life associated with the consumption of entire worlds... it's terrifying."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 20, 2020, 04:49:54 am »

"I struggle to think of what could be worth such destruction.  The loss of life associated with the consumption of entire worlds... it's terrifying."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 20, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »

"Survival." Emma responds, glancing up from a fresh sketch she starts. "They're not so dissimilar to us then."
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 381