00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252743 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2250 on: April 13, 2020, 02:10:33 pm »

We are currently following the laws of this city.  As Xavier admitted, he has no legal right to search this building, so not allowing him to do so would be perfectly legitimate.  If he sees the captive, he may demand that we turn him over.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 13, 2020, 02:10:50 pm »

"Well, Alphira, take a look at things from my perspective." Xavier gestures towards William, "You're good friends with one of-- sorry the largest crime kingpin in the City State."

William beams a smile, "The Montblanc Family can suck it."

"Quite, although you taking that as a compliment annoys me to no end." Xavier is returning William's smile. "There's dozens of dead low lives out there, two craters I can see so far from heavy explosives..."

"Why, to me, this quite looks like a gang war. Angel or not, that isn't pretty. I'm sure whoever is whimpering like a puppy beneath the floor there can clear things up." Xavier finishes, "And I don't have to take the whole lot of you into protective custody."

With a glance to William, "SEED forbid, but on the off chance William did something good, maybe I can help."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:14:16 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:18 pm »

...Alright.

"William, show him the captive."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 13, 2020, 02:17:36 pm »

Ayup, that's... pretty much exactly what I expected to hear.

"William, show him the captive."

+1

To Xavier now: "The Warmachines managed to take prisoner one of those would-be assassins. Have a care with him, if you would-- I told him he'd come to no harm for his cooperation, and I don't make such promises lightly."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:43 pm »

No need for that.

"This is need to know only, but you seem to care about this city.  I interrogated a dying attacker in a way only I can.  He did not survive the process.  He was a member of a doomsday cult seeking to serve the [demons] and let the plague INTO THE CITY.  They can not know we are onto them, so it can not be in the report.  Here is what I do know and I need your help to find them with the resources you have."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 13, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »

Hmm.  I still would rather keep the prisoner for interrogation.

No need for that.

"This is need to know only, but you seem to care about this city.  I interrogated a dying attacker in a way only I can.  He did not survive the process.  He was a member of a doomsday cult seeking to serve the [demons] and let the plague INTO THE CITY.  They can not know we are onto them, so it can not be in the report.  Here is what I do know and I need your help to find them with the resources you have."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 13, 2020, 02:26:40 pm »

He's... obviously alive tho.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 13, 2020, 02:28:12 pm »

Yeah, but hopefully he will be satisfied with knowing what happened and who was behind the attack and will be willing to meet us halfway.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 13, 2020, 02:31:12 pm »

A lie's no good if everyone knows it's a lie

Can we not just be honest about what went down here? Everything that happened here was (to my knowledge) legal-- we really don't have anything to hide right now. It's quite clear to all concerned we've got a prisoner.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 13, 2020, 02:33:40 pm »

It is clear that we have a prisoner, but at this point we may still have the opportunity to hold onto him.  He may say that he has to take the cultist into custody if he sees him.

He could easily suffer an "accident" while in custody and not have the ability to give us more information.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 13, 2020, 02:39:13 pm »

[-]"...well. I cannot search this domicile." Xavier nods, and beams you a winning smile, "Mother Alphira, Emeralda Thornton, and William Thornton--" He points at the barkeep, who flinches, "And you. I'm placing you all into protective custody until such a time as the truth can be determined."

"I'm guessing a week or so to investigate...maybe longer, then maybe we can think about releasing you from it."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 13, 2020, 02:41:25 pm »

Hnn. This wasn't worth it.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 13, 2020, 02:43:01 pm »

"As you know, I am in full command of all military resources as approved by SEED itself.  These personnel, as well as myself, are essential military assets and they cannot be spared.  They will face a military tribunal at an appropriate time."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 13, 2020, 02:49:47 pm »

We don't know enough about the cult to seek them out, this guy could do it.  Maybe SEED made it, maybe not, but working with him instead of against him seems like a better idea.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 13, 2020, 02:51:13 pm »

"Containment Protocool states that any suspicious action can result in you being placed under protective custody, until SEED determines that you do not pose a threat to the City-State, Mother Alphira." He removes a folder from his vest, [Angel of Fire Containment Procedures], extending it out your way, "This neat little folder authorizes my action. To my knowledge, it has not yet been repealed, making it law."

"Can I see William's and Emma's contracts? As I am sure you are aware, a Military Tribunal is far harsher than a Civilian Court." Emma produces her contract, after a moment of hesitation. "If I'm not mistaken, the punishments for misuse of military assets for personal gain are all capital punishments."

He glances at the paper in Emma's hand, noting the seal, then turning towards William. "Your's next, if you please."

William looks annoyed, "I don't have a contract, Xavier."

"Oh! Wonderful. Then I can actually arrest you." Xavier rises, producing a pair of cuffs from his belt-- you notice he doesn't have a gun.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 381