00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252469 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1920 on: April 08, 2020, 09:20:59 pm »

Iyal ducks her head in an appreciative bow, stepping away to chat with the officers, who are themselves discussing where to set up camp. In essence, the hovercraft is too cramped, so instead, they will set up in a Thornton warehouse nearby.

You spend the downtime making small-talk with Emma and playing with Mitch. William is inspecting his soldiers in the other cargo container, and technicians scurry around to adjust various reactors. Weapons are checked, more out of habit than necessity. Iyal comes, and Emma hands over a large wad of bills from her breast-pocket. You watch the Outlander after that, as she checks several las-rifles in easy-carry black cases, as well as a variety of grenades and explosive devices.

She -is- very well trained.

It isn't long before the ship begins to land, the three hours passing uneventfully. And you emerge into the suburbs of the Holy City. William speaks with a shifty shipmaster, bills exchanging hands, as the vehicle is stamped into registration. The Warmachines begin to unload into a space below the ship. You depart from the same area, stepping into the city. Emma and an unmodified Thornton accompany you, while William takes care of organizing the Warmachines.

And by that, you mean he leans on a post,  metallic arms crossed over his chest while he watches them work.

You walk through the suburbs, past beggars, soot-stained laborers, and gang members. No one bothers you. You cross into the Outer City. From there, its a ride on one of those slow-moving hovercraft to the walls of the Inner City-- where a young Guardian challenges you.

Emma presents her credentials, and the Guardian goes wide-eyed, bowing at the hips to you while apologizing profusely. It isn't that much further to the Grand Cathedral Plaza. Guardians positioned at the entrance to the Cathedral await you, and one breaks away to request an audience with the Pontifex for you. It's a quiet, tense few minutes until you're allowed entry into the Cathedral.

The architecture is much the same as it was before you left, only emptier. Guards stand at intervals, and the Pontifex sits upon the altar of SEED, a mask of a smile on his lips. He gestures you into his office and shuts the door behind you. "What can I do for Sister Alphira today, hmm?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:22:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 08, 2020, 09:26:59 pm »

"First of all, I apologize for not being present.  I have been mustering outside forces and creating a plan to win this war.  To have a chance of victory, we must reform the attrition-heavy strategy that has been giving us poor results.  Would you agree with that?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 08, 2020, 09:32:55 pm »

"Considering I was the one who put the idea in your head in the first place, yes, I would agree with that." The Pontifex responds, tilting his head to one side. He holds up a finger, cutting off your next response. "Before we continue, however, we need to discuss something. My agent Zachary. He's dead. I would like to hear from you how it happened."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 08, 2020, 09:37:38 pm »

"I was perhaps a bit... overzealous in describing to him our intent to retire SEED.  He reacted poorly and then attempted to kill me.  In the ensuing struggle, he was dealt a grievous wound.  I deeply regret the incident, as the captain was otherwise an exemplary guard."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 08, 2020, 09:40:34 pm »

"I was perhaps a bit... overzealous in describing to him our intent to retire SEED.  He reacted poorly and then attempted to kill me.  In the ensuing struggle, he was dealt a grievous wound.  I deeply regret the incident, as the captain was otherwise an exemplary guard."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 08, 2020, 09:48:34 pm »

[14] "You were honest with me. Good. Did you learn anything from it or are you going to mouth off your plan to destroy SEED to everyone in earshot?" The Pontifex still has a pleasant smile on his lips, and the gentleness of his voice hides venom.

"Because of your action I've lost control of your personal guard-- one of his officers of uncertain intentions took over instead of the sure bet I've been grooming." The Pontifex breathes out a sigh, shaking his head. "Please, continue. What do you need from me to deal with the generals?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 08, 2020, 09:53:44 pm »

"I need a list of officers within the Holy City, from highest priority targets to lowest priority targets, that would be likely to rebel when a change in leadership and strategy is enacted.  These individuals will be assassinated.  I also need your approval to use some forbidden technology, which I believe is required in order to win the war."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 08, 2020, 10:05:10 pm »

“I have learned my lesson. I will not mention the plan again”
"I need a list of officers within the Holy City, from highest priority targets to lowest priority targets, that would be likely to rebel when a change in leadership and strategy is enacted.  These individuals will be assassinated.  I also need your approval to use some forbidden technology, which I believe is required in order to win the war."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 08, 2020, 10:11:33 pm »

"Good." The Pontifex replies with a smile, rewarding the word like a teacher to a student. "As for the list...I will draw one up for you and send it with that gentleman you've brought. I'm assuming that's his purpose. The Crusader General and his higher-ranking comrades-- do you want them on there too, or will you handle them yourself?"

"As for the forbidden technology-- SEED handles that itself. There's a list that's sent out to every Guardian post, and it will take SEED's holy edict to change it." He sets his wrists together, miming being tied. "So, unfortunately, I cannot help with that."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 08, 2020, 10:13:48 pm »

"Very well.  That is something I will have to negotiate with SEED.  I plan to convene a planning session with the Crusader General and other high-ranking generals, and I will deal with them at that meeting."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 08, 2020, 11:19:29 pm »

Urgh, this guy. He is a spider, ensconced in webs of hallowed stone. He wields us as a puppet, and he will discard us once he is content with our dancing. I trust him no more than I do SEED.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 08, 2020, 11:32:17 pm »

"I shall also be present at that meeting-- dear Emma will send me an invite." The Pontifex gives you a charming smile. You rise to your feet, turning to head out the door, and he calls after you, "Please don't kill any more of my agents. It's a pain to replace them."

You have a sign, filling Emma in as you walk out of the cathedral. The Thornton remains behind, to wait for the list. The two of you head towards the Holy Citadel of SEED, through a field of statuary-- of the various Pontifexes throughout history. SEED is very forward-thinking, as there are many empty plinths. You hesitate near the plinth for the current Pontifex, his copper statue adorned in vestments of office. A debt slave scrubs at the bottom of it, shivering in the cold winds that sweep through the city.

How do you plan to get your meeting with SEED? Burst in through the door or proper channels? Or perhaps another option?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:18 pm »

Give the debt slave 5 credits.  My vote is to attempt to go through the proper channels first.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 08, 2020, 11:39:26 pm »

Give the debt slave 5 credits.  My vote is to attempt to go through the proper channels first.

+1

"Something towards what you owe."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:44:26 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 08, 2020, 11:45:22 pm »

The debt slave stares at the credits you pull from your wallet and pass over. His mouth opens and shuts, then he simply bows to you-- but continues to scrub. A little more quickly, however, and soon his job is done. He moves to the next--

"He still has to finish his job, but hey, you've made a dent in his life-debt. That probably took five years off." Emma offers you with a smile, moving closer to huddle up with you against the cold.

"How long will it take me to get an audience with SEED if I go through the proper channels?" You ask, looking at the citadel framed by the noon-day sun.

Emma shrugs, "A week, if SEED doesn't want to be difficult."
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 381