00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252584 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1845 on: April 07, 2020, 01:38:32 am »

Seems like a lot of infrastructure for not much benefit... still, I'll think the matter over.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 07, 2020, 01:42:14 am »

Being able to predict the attacks in advance would be a large benefit.  You said as much yourself:

Still-- if we know where our enemy's to strike next, we can move to be there ahead of time-- if we move swift and often, we can serve to improve the morale of those who fight without us.

By being able to detect the assaults before they hit, we can get enough time to go there and help defend that position if necessary.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 07, 2020, 01:44:30 am »

Mm. Well, we can push for it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: April 07, 2020, 04:40:56 am »

"It's hard not to view it as my fault. This whole plan was my idea." A twist of a smile curls William's lips. "She's a good kid. Bit of a spoiled brat sometimes, going to be honest, but she's working on it. Especially when it comes to impressing you--" he gives you a playful nudge in the ribs.

"And here it was I thought you saved me because I'm such a charming gentleman." With a lazy shrug, he looks over his Warmachines as they try on helmets and organize their comm channels. "And now we have another powerful tool. Instant communication. It will be useful. Communications is vital to coordination, and now we can communicate without messengers risking lives and taking time."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:56 pm »

"Do you think SEED will agree?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: April 07, 2020, 03:12:21 pm »

“I guess contacting SEED is our next step, to figure out where he stands on this, we don;t need to tell him we have them already”

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 07, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »

If we have hover cars already why not use them instead of towers.  Equip them with cameras and an operator with a radio.  They can stay at or behind the lines while still providing an elevated view.  And if they get shot down we can just bombard it with artillery until it is gone.

They can advance and retreat with the lines without additional construction.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 07, 2020, 03:28:43 pm »

That makes sense as long as they can achieve a fairly high elevation.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: April 07, 2020, 03:47:11 pm »

"Does it matter?" William retorts, glancing your way with a grin. "Which is more important, daddy's approval or saving lives?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 07, 2020, 03:56:23 pm »

"Saving lives, of course, but this whole thing would be a lot easier with SEED's support."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »

William gives a shrug as the presentation wraps itself up. The Warmachines, new helmets in hand, slowly disperse towards the dining room, and you follow the hunger in your stomach there yourself. Unlike when you first entered the room, you are now seated at the raised dias-- and there is just piles and piles of food upon trays, waiting for you there. William takes his seat as head of the Family, and Emma sits next to you.

The offerings today is a motley collection of bug meat casserole, grainmeal, potatoes, and yogurts. You devour all you can, until you feel full-- and you make a sizable dent in the collection of food. You wash it all down with a delicious wine. Sitting content, you listen in on various conversations, mostly out of boredom. Emma and you make small talk as well, but eventually, the two of you rise to head back to her bedroom, excusing yourself from the table. Emma showers, then you.

The night draws on as snow begins to fall outside her window, you lay in bed, watching the fire crackle in the fireplace while Emma finishes her remaining paperwork. Mitch lays in front of the fire, gnawing on a bone.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 07, 2020, 05:08:15 pm »

"Emma, do you ever wonder, if we don't all die horribly, what will come after this war is over?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 07, 2020, 05:19:40 pm »

"Peace, I hope." Emma snarks, glancing over to you. "This world will be ours-- we can do whatever we want."

"Part of me wonders though, there is so much out there...beyond the void. Worlds and wonders untold. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see what else was out there."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:21 pm »

"That sounds amazing.  Maybe, without SEED telling us what we can and can't learn, we'll have the chance to find out.  You know, speaking of the future... I've been wondering whether that bug oil just causes hallucinations or truly gives glimpses of what is to come."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:31:34 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: April 07, 2020, 06:34:06 pm »

"Well, we don't have to sleep as much anymore..." Emma looks over at the ornate glass bottles full of viscous oil. "We do head out early tomorrow...but not that early."

"Sure, screw it. Why don't we head up to the tower and give it a try? It's not like the cold is going to bother us." Emma suggests, glancing over to you then back to the bottles.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 381