00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252642 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1695 on: April 05, 2020, 12:24:07 am »

Dark corridors, suspended in the void. Piles of bodies, faces twisted with silvery flesh, frozen into eternal screams. Blood-stained steel. Mold. Decay. Slime. Death. The only light illuminates terrors in the dark. Locked doors with glass windows, displaying frozen faces clawing to escape

The light flickers, and it chases you, down corridor, down hatches, it's long legs clanking on the metal as it gains on you-- you stumble, screaming as your leg is ripped away from you. Something crunches in the dark.

Then something sharp is pressed into your chest, slowly cutting you apart while you sit helplessly.

What do you dream of?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 05, 2020, 12:26:50 am »

SEED

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 05, 2020, 12:33:16 am »

Explosion. Fire. Dust. Ash. Choking the sky. Grass, then vines, then hungry beasts roving across primordial plains...

Children sitting before a machine as it speaks lies...twisting them into zealots. Doubt is raised-- the other children turn, angry. Watched by SEED, who's metallic shell of gears and ivy split into a happy, bloody grin as the children feed the corpse of their brother to it. Metal and wood teeth crunch down on flesh noisily. A smile twists steel with grinding as the children grow- feeding more and more to the monstrous entity that grows fat and content on the sacrifice.

Of what do you dream?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 05, 2020, 12:37:21 am »

The Endless Emperor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 05, 2020, 01:10:58 am »

The Endless Emperor.
+1
Also, wow. SEED’s more terrifying than originally thought

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 05, 2020, 01:44:22 am »

I am... unsure as to how much of that ever actually happened. These are nightmares, recall.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 05, 2020, 07:30:43 am »

The Endless Emperor.
+1
Also, wow. SEED’s more terrifying than originally thought
+1

This whole thing sounds like a death metal album cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 05, 2020, 11:04:40 am »

Darkness consumes you as you dream about the Endless, and you struggle against it, towards the patch of light in the distance, only for pitch-black tendrils of pure nothingness to reach out and try to consume it--

You open your eyes, to find you are in the medical bay of the Thornton castle still. You lay tucked in on a soft bed, an intravenous device stuck into your arm still. Immediately, you look to the bed beside you-- only to find it empty.

A numbness settles over you. Replaced all at once, with a fit of rage, pure and bright that starts to burn within your core.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 05, 2020, 11:06:19 am »

”Where is Emma? Is she alright?”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 05, 2020, 11:13:17 am »

Aww no. That [1]-- that was the big important roll wasn't it? We... we needed that...

”Where is Emma?”

+̸1̴

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 05, 2020, 11:52:14 am »

Nah.

A nurse emerges from a back-office as you rise from the bed. You pull out the IV and she hurries to your side as you start towards the door. "Eas-Easy Lady Alphira-- Everything is okay! I'll go get her for you, okay? Just-just sit down."

[19]All the weight falls off your shoulders as you collapse back into bed. The nurse stops the leaking saline, then leaves you alone with only a worried glance given. She leaves the room, returning quite a few minutes later with Emma in tow. Emma- looks different. She's as tall as you, with her long blond hair now bearing the odd blood-red highlight-- but her facial features haven't changed. Her eyes, however, have become an odd mix between her normal green and your bright blue.

Mitch, you note, has also changed in however long you've been out. He comes up to Emma's knee now, a thin puppy packed with sinew. His rust-colored eyes fix on you and never look away, even when Emma hands the leash over to the nurse. The nurse immediately looks panicked and just stands perfectly still.

Emma hesitates, then approaches, jumping into bed to hug you, climbing on to of you to cuddle into your clothing "I-I'm sorry, Pheobe-- for scaring you like that-- for everything. I didn't..." she sighs, pausing, giggling, "I"ll make sure to check that the safety is off next time, I swear."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 05, 2020, 11:58:23 am »

Yes
yes yes yes

good. I don't want to see what happens when we break the protagonist.

Just... enjoy the moment.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:00:06 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 05, 2020, 12:18:57 pm »

You say nothing, wrapping your arms tightly around Emma. She's less soft, now, but her warmth fills you with comfort. She stays quiet, accepting your embrace with a soft relaxing of her tense muscles. The two of you stay that way for a while-- until Mitch gives a growl.

The nurse abruptly stops moving, flinching away from the canine. She lets go of the leash, and Mitch wanders away to sniff at you.

He gives your hand an affectionate, you think, nip, drawing blood. It laps at it gently until the wound scabs over, and you think you're supposed to pet him now. You do, dragging your fingers through the rough fur that's growing from its head like a mane.

"I'm sorry for not being here with you to wake up. Sitting and doing nothing is super uncomfortable now. William says that's normal?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 05, 2020, 12:25:06 pm »

Huh. Mitch has warmed up to us in the interim, it seems.

"It's fine. It's fine. It doesn't matter now."

"You've met Alphira, I take it?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 05, 2020, 12:50:37 pm »

"I...I met many, many people..." Emma murmurs, looking at you intently, sitting up to speak. "I met you too. Not Alphira, -you-. Although I did meet her. It...it was hard to ignore all of them. But I did. And they went away. They still give advice, on occasion, though." A small smile twists her lips, "But now, every time I dream; I see a new world, a new place, or an ancient memory. It's amazing. It puts this world into perspective...how tiny we were, we still are, how prideful..."

Emma breathes out a sigh, continuing, "I also now know that you would have outlived me if I stayed just human. You would have had to watch me fade away-- or I would have had to watch you die in battle, right?"

"Now...we are the same, right? For better or worse?"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:13:42 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 381