00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 252740 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1065 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:24 pm »

D'aww, no last talky-thing? Well, this works too.

It looks like we have a different decision to make.  I vote for securing the Hydrogen Plants.  We must push the enemy back to the defensive lines and protect our critical infrastructure.

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 23, 2020, 09:14:31 pm »

How about:

"Whatever happens, I know we can weather the storm, together.  This day could never have come without you and I am immensely grateful.  There are dark times ahead, but I'm happy to be here with you now.  I love you, Emma."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:27 pm »

Mm, that's suitable.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:44 pm »

It looks like we have a different decision to make.  I vote for securing the Hydrogen Plants.  We must push the enemy back to the defensive lines and protect our critical infrastructure.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 23, 2020, 11:29:09 pm »

"As there seems to be a difficulty with the decision, may I request to be sent to the hydrogen plant district?" You ask, politley. The Crusader General rounds on you with a suspicious squint, but the argument ends, and he rolls out several maps for you to examine.

Three cities lie east to west along a canal, dug into the Noir River. The outbreak was originally due to an airdrop of insects into several cities, but the local militias and a Crusader Corps in the area, with the help of many, many bombing runs, were able to force them back into these three cities. They are currently fortified there in the rubble. Estimates measure that there are fifty [insects] unaccounted for in the fighting, along with roughly forty thousand civilians.

"I've got Lieutenant General Maxwell there, with the Fifth Crusader Corps and local militias. He'll most likely assign you to seize and hold Roldstat, the center city, during which his outer elements will begin tightening the noose around all three cities. So, you'll leave the Holy City, march down there, link up, and get to fighting. Got that?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:40:04 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 23, 2020, 11:42:04 pm »

"Understood.  What will be the method of insertion?  Will it be an airdrop to bypass the enemy's fortifications?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:33 am »

"...on foot. We don't have any available hovercraft and want to reduce the chances of them recovering more."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 24, 2020, 12:59:47 am »

"I see.  What about artillery to weaken the enemy's position before we push through?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2020, 02:09:21 am »

"That will all be handled by the Lieutenant Major." The Crusader General bluntly states, eyeing you. You have the very distinct feeling you're being dismissed, especially since he passes you a marching order for your soldiers and a rough map to the Fifth Crusader Corps' main camp.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2020, 02:17:51 am »

"Thank you, general.  I will proceed to the Lieutenant Major per your orders."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 24, 2020, 07:40:16 am »

say this, then Proceed to states proceed point

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 24, 2020, 08:29:58 am »

say this, then Proceed to states proceed point
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 24, 2020, 02:33:46 pm »

You hand your subordinates the marching orders, and they spend the rest of the day copying them and passing them on to their subordinates, and so on. It isn't until the next morning when your two cohorts begin their long march out from the gates of the Holy City, and you're faced with an extraordinary animal. Its a massive creature, packed with bags and a worn saddle, blueish-gray wool covering a bulky qaudrapedial body. Its eyes are black, and it looks at you mournfully. You hesitate.

[14] And after watching your officers, you clamber on, setting your feet into the guarded stirrups.

The rest of the march is uneventful, and it takes roughly a week. Every night your men set up camp in a different field on the way. Your tent is usually the first one set up, and while one junior officer brings you nutrient paste, another takes your beast of burden to graze with the rest. It surprises you, one night, to find that they do not corral them or chain them up. Instead, they all clump together naturally in a herd that doesn't wander far from the camp. The most challenging part of their logistics seems to be finding water but spaced at regular intervals down the road are mechanical pumps for drawing water from the earth. Usually, the march is called to an end when you arrive at one of these pumps, as each seems to be placed roughly a day's march from each other.

The Fifth Crusader Corps's camp stretches over several dips and valleys. Solar Powered water pumps are set up haphazardly throughout, between tents of dull greyish-blue and you and your officers approach the main building. The only pre-fab, hastily constructed in the center of the camp, right next to a water pump. A single hovercraft sits listlessly on a metal landing pad nearby. You pass your beast off to a junior officer and step inside. The inside is poorly lit, the air hanging heavy with an odd smoke.

The Lieutenant Major looks up from his maps. Rising to take your hand in a firm handshake, "Sister Alphira, what a pleasant surprise. I've only just received word of our new [angel], and here she is."

"Pleasure to meet you, Lieutenant Major Maxwell."

"Now! We're going to have you approach Rodstadt from the north while another group provides a creeping artillery fire into the city proper. We don't know how many are in there, but I want you to break your cohort up and secure it. The local Church is still intact as far as I know and could provide a good command post for you and your troops. As soon as I see a flag waving from that position, I'll begin the encirclement around the other two cities. We'll have two platoons of Heavy Infantry approaching the bridges from the southwest, and we want some of your men to link up with them before you put that flag up. Make sure the bugs don't break out."

He passes you a map, and you look it over. "As for the details beyond that, I'll leave that to you."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:20:20 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 24, 2020, 03:23:25 pm »

"Thank you.  Are there any buildings of note that we should be aware of and make sure not to damage, such as the hydrogen plants themselves?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2020, 03:35:15 pm »

"Thank you.  Are there any buildings of note that we should be aware of and make sure not to damage, such as the hydrogen plants themselves?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 381