Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost access to account following email address change  (Read 582 times)

latias1290_alt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lost access to account following email address change
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:57:31 am »

So,

I recently got my own private email server and I am in the process of changing my email address around the internet. When I got to this forum, when I changed the address, my account got deactivated and I had to re-activate it by confirming my email address, as if I made a new account. Sure, no problem, except the email never arrives. I tried re-sending the email multiple times but I never receive it. That's on my main account.

And the weird thing is that I created this account, using a different address on the same email domain, and I received an email pretty much immediately. I'm actually sure I did not make a typo in the new email address for my main account, as I went back to the settings page shortly after I noticed the email wasn't arriving, and what I had filled in for the new address is correct. It's also not a problem with the email server, because other sites have no issues sending me emails. It's also not in the spam folder.

Does anyone know what to do about this? Should I email toady? Or am I now stuck on this alt account?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost access to account following email address change
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:06:41 am »

So,

I recently got my own private email server and I am in the process of changing my email address around the internet. When I got to this forum, when I changed the address, my account got deactivated and I had to re-activate it by confirming my email address, as if I made a new account. Sure, no problem, except the email never arrives. I tried re-sending the email multiple times but I never receive it. That's on my main account.

And the weird thing is that I created this account, using a different address on the same email domain, and I received an email pretty much immediately. I'm actually sure I did not make a typo in the new email address for my main account, as I went back to the settings page shortly after I noticed the email wasn't arriving, and what I had filled in for the new address is correct. It's also not a problem with the email server, because other sites have no issues sending me emails. It's also not in the spam folder.

Does anyone know what to do about this? Should I email toady? Or am I now stuck on this alt account?
Why don't you send Toady a PM on here? My friend did that years ago and he fixed it.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

latias1290_alt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lost access to account following email address change
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:58 am »

Thanks for the suggestion, I just sent him a PM.